Author Topic: Legacy Collection Battle Packs  (Read 53032 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Collection Battle Packs
« Reply #180 on: October 20, 2009, 06:09 PM »
I have to agree this one should be part of the deluxe line not a Battle Pack

I think the Battle Packs line is the proper place for it, I just think it's missing a Clone or two.  If they had stashed a second Clone and an updated Bly in there, there'd be a lot less complaining.   :P

If you really think about this beast it is really pointless. How slow is this thing?

In "the magic world of EU created by Jeff", the clones that were riding grubs were the ones that were complete screw ups.  I imagine this guy probably ticked off Aayla Secura (maybe he spilled her coffee or dropped her breakfast tray or something) so she made him ditch his BARC and ride this dopey thing into battle...  "Dang it Null-3457, you've ruined my day for the last time - you're riding Gary into battle!"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #181 on: October 20, 2009, 06:17 PM »
"Dang it Null-3457, you've ruined my day for the last time - you're riding Gary into battle!"

Gotta love Gary  :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #182 on: October 20, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Actually I'd have been happy with just an updated Cmdr. Bly in the set.  That's one Commander that we've never seen improved.  It would've been really neato had he come with a headsculpt ala his Clone Wars look, too (just not animated). 

Equally cool would've been a Jello-ish plant.  Kind of like the Wamp Rat pack-in, it'd be just a see-through plant like they have on the planet.  A little ambiance for the leisurely ride on the gella-grub, Gary.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2009, 05:54 PM »
Man, when you compare this set with teh Dewback set, there just ISN'T a comparison. We're getting much more for our $'s in the dewback set than this one. I feel a little hosed (and I haven't even bought one yet...).
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2009, 03:11 AM »
I'm being brave by defending this set, I guess, but c'mon - Jellie Belly crap-looking animal looks like an OK sculpt - most pictures of this creature look very digital and fake and mostly undetailed- the figure/beast is overall OK when compared to the pictures. The 2008 Ultimate Visual Guide (with Yoda on the cover) has a picture of this creature. It's very unappealing and very goofy for a Star Wars creature. But heck, I can use that yellow/orange clone. And, BONUS - the gellagrub's pincers snap together when you squeeeeeeze it!  :D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #185 on: October 22, 2009, 03:26 AM »
I don't think anyone's griping on the Grub, or the Clone...  Both are fantastic.  It's $25-ish for just a Gelagrub and a Clone that I think people are obviously irked about.  The grub's not overly complex, not like the Dewback...  THe Clone is the same. 

It's the bang for the buck.  Even the Ball Turrets came with 2 clones, so it's disappointing this set lacks at least another figure.  The Grub, you really couldn't do much with it...  It is what it is.  You couldn't articulate it much more or anything.  The only way to value-out the pack is an extra figure.  An Evolutions Felucia Clone with a new head and helmet would've been the ideal, to make a new Commander Bly.  That idea really makes me think the set is just not a good value.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 22, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Exactly, it's the price. That's the difference between me buying one set and many. No bang for the buck.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2009, 03:52 PM »
I'd agree.  $19.99 and I likely would've bought at least 2 Gelagrubs.  At $25-ish, I'll stomach one and not really be pleased in doing so.  I'm just glad there's nothing new besides the grub in there.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 2, 2009, 12:21 AM »
So what's showing up already as far as the Grub and Endor sets?  I found the Gunship set once, about a month ago, and haven't seen another since.  And I haven't seen the other two yet, but both of them are available on eBay.  Did these all come out a few weeks ago?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: November 2, 2009, 12:50 AM »
The Gelagrub Patrol and Battle for Endor sets (along with a red box repack of the Geonosis Turret set) just started hitting retail (mostly TRU) in the past week or so, but they have been shipping for a few weeks from on-line shops.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #190 on: November 2, 2009, 01:44 AM »
I literally just saw the Gunship Turrets last week, first time in Pittsburgh.

I'll be lucky to find anything else I think, anytime soon.  The $25 pricehike has killed the battlepacks line I think.  TONS of Jabba sets locally.  Lots of the Falcon Training set as well.  Not much else.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 2, 2009, 11:31 AM »
Thanks Jeff. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2009, 01:55 AM »
The Geonosis Assault battle pack is reshipping with the new Battle Packs.  I saw it in the red packaging along with the Battle for Endor and Gelagrub Patrol packs.  I think the CW Rishi Moon Outpost pack may be shipping with these, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2009, 02:06 AM »
That's good news for those that didn't have much of a shot on these.

Too bad the Yaving IV Scramble set got screwed because there's another one I barely saw ever.  The CW Jabba packs still linger on at most all retailers though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2009, 10:43 AM »
The Geonosis Assault battle pack is reshipping with the new Battle Packs.

Good to hear.  This is the only battlepack I've never seen at retail so this will give me another stab.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN