Author Topic: All caught up?  (Read 6515 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
All caught up?
« on: September 20, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Last week I picked up the last items I was looking for a have been adjusting to a new schedule of not actively looking for Star Wars toys. This hasn't happened to me in quite a while and by the slow down of chatter, I suspect lots of you are caught up as well.

So who's caught up, and what's next?

I'm thankful that when wave 4 hits, that there are no army builders in the wave, so once I find a set, I'm done already. Same for the next wave of comic packs. The only upcoming item that might keep me actively looking, is the Yavin Battle pack as I'll pick up a few for the tech's.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: All caught up?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Haven't seen a hint of TLC wave 3, SL wave 2, CW wave 2 or the new comic packs here yet.  But I don't hit the stores as often as I used to.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 02:24 PM »
The only upcoming item that might keep me actively looking, is the Yavin Battle pack as I'll pick up a few for the tech's.

Same here.  The Yavin battle pack is the only thing I'll be on the lookout for as far as upcoming items. 

I'm caught up for the most part.  I'd like to score a yellow ARC Trooper, but it's no biggie if I don't.
Binders full of astromechs...

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 05:55 PM »
I'm all caught up at the moment too.  I'm still checking the aisle when I'm out for other things... I wouldn't mind picking up a few more of the new 501st trooper.  I guess I'm all set until the Battle Packs, next wave of comic packs, or next wave of basic figures shows up.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Haven't seen a hint of TLC wave 3, SL wave 2, CW wave 2 or the new comic packs here yet.  But I don't hit the stores as often as I used to.

Same here. I'm far from caught up and probably won't be before the ROTS wave comes out. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 12:34 AM »
No wave 3 here, no new comic packs (Newest here were Durge/Ani and Skorr/Ventress, nothing beyond that), but otherwise I'm caught up I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 10:12 AM »
I'd like to get the Saesee Tiin, which is the only one I need from that wave, but I haven't seen any of the repaint figures yet.  I'm skipping the figures from the R7-Z0 wave, just not interested.  I might get the two comic packs with the Mandos, but probably not.  I think I'll save the $ and put it toward some of the Lego kits instead.
I am not the Stig

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 10:25 AM »
I think for what is out around here right now, I'm just about caught up.  I picked up the Dengar/Fenn Shysa comic pack yesterday at TRU, and if I can find the Leia/Dala pack from that wave I think I'm caught up with those.  Otherwise, most of the other stuff hasn't hit around here yet.  No sign of TLC Wave 3, Clone Wars Wave 2, or anything else newish.  I haven't been hitting the stores quite as much lately since I'm not quite as jazzed about TLC Wave 3 (mainly want the clone and the Build-a-Droid), but things seem pretty full with the first waves and Legends at most of the stores around here.  I still haven't picked up the AT-TE either, but I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to at this point.

Its funny how the collecting game has changed so much.  The first line I really collected most of was the POTJ line, and I can remember being caught up for weeks or even months since the release schedule was so much lighter then.  These days if you get caught up, its lucky if you can stay that way for a week before more stuff starts hitting.  Not that more stuff is a bad thing at all, but it does make it difficult to catch your breath (especially in the 2nd halves of the year the last couple years).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Okay, this is quite a stretch. If I was collecting Legends and the CW line, there'd be product to keep me looking. However, setting the easily findable Lars Homestead aside, we're going on two months without any real new Legacy product to speak of.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 09:56 AM »
I think, once a couple of things ship, I should be just about caught up.  I've got a couple of the newer comic packs coming in the next week or so, so aside from the White Vader/Leia and Trachta/Vader packs, I'll be caught up there.  I've got TLC Wave 4 and Clone Wars stuff on preorder for basically the rest of the year, unless I find them at retail first.  The only thing out right now that I think I'm looking for is the WM A-Wing, at least that I can think of.  Its nice to be sort of caught up though, and shouldn't have to worry much until TLC Wave 4, the next Battle Packs (Endor Bunker) and the Sarlacc UBP start showing up.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 03:22 PM »
I'm nowhere near caught up...  I still need the droid part from Jodo Kast and the droid part from the Jedi 2-pack...

Anyone anywhere have extras of these two parts?  I have no desire to own either of those figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Does Jodo come with the head? If so I have an extra I could throw in your package. LMK...

Rather than buying the Jedi I think the Vader from wave 1 comes packed with that same part in one of the current case revisions. I'd have an easier time buying another good Vader than I can use in a diorama somewhere, rather than some crappy outdated Episode 1 era repacks I already own.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:41 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 08:06 PM »
I wish I'd mentioned needing that Droid head earlier. :)  If by some freak chance Jesse doesn't want it, let me know.  I need the head and a right leg.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 08:46 PM »
I am shockingly caught up.  The only thing I still haven't picked up is the Falcon, and a local buddy is selling his for $100, so I guess that's it until CW wave 3 or Legacy wave 4 hits.  Heck, I even have 5 of the 6 7 Wave 4 figs on pre-order.

*EDIT* Whoops - guess there are 7 newbies in this wave.   ::)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:19 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Yeah, Jodo's got the head and the Jedi have the right leg...  Jodo's a cool figure on a bad figure base, so I'm passing on him unfortunately.  had they gone with a VOTC Fett body, I'd actually be tracking the figure down.

If you don't mind tossing the head in with the Henry Sr., just LMK Ryan.  I'll give you something for it if I have something you need?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:49 PM by Jesse James »