Author Topic: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 46390 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones (Spring 2009)
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2009, 04:31 PM »
I could see him getting mixed into the basic line too, I hope.  It wouldn't be tough...  Just a carry-forward figure like they've done with tons of others in the basic line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2009, 10:40 AM »
Me too. Shouldn't be too hard.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2009, 02:45 AM »
AOTC wave's come and gone here by the way.  Remnants at some stores, but overall these came and sold out quickly.  Wave 6's pretty much still a rarity too, though an odd "dingleberry" hangs on, usually Leia or Luke, from the wave.  Needa, Hoth Trooper, Ugnaught, etc. are gone though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2009, 11:25 AM »
This wave really was a hit & run at retail. I hope to find more Beru's before this wave completely disappears, she is great custom fodder! I would also like to pick up a few more Tarados Gon's too. Like a few others I have been seeing the ESB wave resurface more than this wave, still no sign of the beardless rebel. Also of note is that in all of the resurfaced ESB wave that I have come across is that they all still have the campaign color U-3P0 parts. I thought the silver was going to be more common but it actually is the harder to get of the two.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2009, 04:47 PM »
Champagne's the change they made to the silver so I knew not to expect silver, but I actually never saw a single silver part at all.  All champagne here.  I still need a head if anyone has one handy.   ???  Got a complete droid here without his noggin'.

I'd love silver legs/arms as well, to go with another figure I have. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Like a few others I have been seeing the ESB wave resurface more than this wave, still no sign of the beardless rebel.

Might as well stop looking as it doesn't exist. Hasbro fessed up to this during the QnA last week.  

This is under the assumption that the factory will not forget to switch over to the new head for the new wave - these instructions were obviously ignored during the Hoth Rebel Trooper run and the results were unfortunately bad. To compound it, we did not catch it until after the (already short) run was over.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:54 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Factory miscommunications are really easy, so I'm learning with my own foreign communications, and so I can't blame Hasbro there.  I just hope they get us the shaven Rebel in quantity out on the new cards, even if it's next year or 2011 even.  I'd take that just knowing we were going to get to stock up on that guy.

I've accumulated a lot of bearded ones now, I'll headswap of course and maybe alter some decorations or change their "skirt" out with some longer cloth and stuff, but the rifles will be tough to replace, and the helmet's will basically all look the same.

I'm tempted to add some cloth scarves to the helmets though, to give some diversity.  I've already added some Vintage Hoth Han hats, and they look great, but rifles are tough to replace since that gun sucked when it originally came out (uber flimsy), and subsequent more rigid casts of it are not something I have many extra of.

I'm also pondering moveing some POTF2 and the Saga headsculpt over to the new body, for more diversity as well.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I haven't checked but do the TSC Endor Trooper heads (black and white) fit on the HRT neck post?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:12 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2009, 05:12 PM »
I'm betting no, but I'll check right now.

Yeah, they don't.  Their socket is bigger than the HRT's peg.  I may take an extra of the white guy's head and fill the socket in with epoxy and hollow it out to the right peg size for the HRT though.  The headset wire hanging down would look cool I think, if he were in a turret or something, like he has special communication stuff.

There's some unique packs too, that would be nice to make for them, as some seem to have a cylinder on their backs of some sort, for some reason.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:16 PM by Jesse James »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2009, 05:55 PM »
I haven't checked but do the TSC Endor Trooper heads (black and white) fit on the HRT neck post?

Here are two heads that fit perfectly that do not require any work: Tycho Celchu and TFU Starkiller hero. Also if you have the TAC Hoth Han or Pharl McQuarrie hoods they fit nice and give a different look to your troopers.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2009, 08:43 PM »
To add to the list of "Who's Head Will Fit on the HRS Body?", I found that a Spacetrooper head (Joe Johnston) will fit on the peg perfectly, and vice versa.  So, if you're army building both, you can get a little bit of diversity going on, and get a clean shaven HRS to boot. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Also the Yavin Technician fits, and I think, some of the Rebel Pilots from the Evolutions may fit as well.  Also the Yavin IV Honor Guard fits perfectly, as does the McQuarrie Concept Rebel Trooper.  Both fairly generic headsculpts.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Wave 7 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #207 on: October 5, 2009, 03:38 PM »
For those of you still looking for this, you can buy it right now at HTS.com
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2009, 04:16 PM »
I've made a few trips to Target recently, and I've actually found this wave still lingering.  ??? Wow. Considering what Hasbro said about it being under-produced, it's still here in few numbers. The Obi-Wan keeps popping out randomly, and the Larses, of course, are still around.  ::) I've only seen Concept Anakin once.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #209 on: November 15, 2009, 11:43 PM »
I actually see some of this wave too...  Though not in any real abundance and only at WM.  Mostly Lars (mostly Owen) and Typho...  Obi & co. are all long gone though.