Author Topic: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope  (Read 75006 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Legacy Wave 10 - A New Hope (Fall 2009)
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2009, 05:16 AM »
We got a couple unpainted prototype images (test shots) of some of the ANH figures including the previously seen Concept Ki-Adi.  I thought I'd post them to share, since they highlight some of the sculpt and articulation details nicely without the paint obscuring anything.  I really love Hrchek from this wave in particular.

Clicky images to check out the story!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:19 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2009, 08:26 AM »
I like Hrchek to but what is up with his left hand?  Is he going bowling after he slams some brew back at the cantina?  Anyway thanks for the prototype pics those are always fun!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2009, 10:55 AM »
The first shot Han solo head sculpt looks much better than the SDCC paint master. I am happy to see them finally use the VOTC body again despite the fact that it appears they are painting/molding his outfit colors a bit too bright. 

As I said in many other threads I will be really surprised if we see all of these waves this year. TPM wave is no where to be found not even online. It was supposed to hit earlier this month. Store pegs everywhere are really empty with only the new Clone Wars waves hitting. You would be hard pressed to find even the peg warmers now. I am not sure we will see these waves hit all at once, I would not mind if we do but I hope it is soon I needs me some new figures!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2009, 11:02 AM »
I dunno. We've gotten hit with wave on top of wave before. Last time was the TAC gold coin waves.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2009, 11:06 AM »
I dunno. We've gotten hit with wave on top of wave before. Last time was the TAC gold coin waves.

True, but that's when figure sales were more brisk. That's the only reason why I am concerned as figures are not flying as fast at $7.50+ a pop. I have every wave TPM up on preorder, some cases doubled. I would love for a huge pile this stuff to come in in 2 weeks.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2009, 11:33 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised at all if the TPM, ROTJ, and ANH waves all hit at once sometime next month. It happened with the Clone Wars stuff back in July (Windu wave, Loathsom wave, and Cad Bane wave all appeared simultaneously).
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2009, 11:34 AM »
I pray to God that the same thing that happened with those three CW waves doesn't happen here. That is too much money at once. DON'T DO IT HASBRO!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #157 on: August 28, 2009, 11:56 AM »
I hope they straighten their act out in 2010 because the distribution timing has been absolutely atrocious with waves so sparse & late. These dry spells are a killer, I think the Joe Movie **** took a lot of Hasbor's energy/resources away from the line. If you think about the amount of product and planning it takes I would not be surprised at all if it really contributed to some of the delays. I know slow sales and peg warmers were a bigger factor but I really think they put out so much product across their brands something had to suffer.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 28, 2009, 12:10 PM »
Those test shots look pretty spiffy, definitely looking forward to this wave.  I'll echo the sentiments so far on the distribution issues.  We're either going to get hammered with like three waves in a month, or these aren't all making it out this year.  We've discussed it before on these forums, but I really wish Hasbro would spread these out throughout the year a little better.  Heck, one new wave (at least from the Legacy line) every month and a half to two months is fine with me.  The "Build a Droid" pegs are darn near empty around here as well, and to be honest there hasn't been new Legends on the pegs for a looong time either (just a couple of pegwarmers here and there).  I've seen the new CW waves shipping somewhat regularly, even showing up at retail 4-5 times in the past couple months.  I went ahead an preordered the rest of the year's Legacy waves online as a "just in case", because it could be stressful trying to find these on the pegs before they are shoved off for the next wave.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2009, 01:51 PM »
I have always order online for the convenience factor plus online 9 out of 10 times they get it first. I have been so desperate to get something new I have been hitting a lot of stores which I stopped doing because of ordering online and I now remember why. Wasted time, wasted gas and the sheer feeling of disappointment when you find nothing. I am marking today my last hunt day until there are robust reports of stuff being found.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2009, 03:03 PM »
I pray to God that the same thing that happened with those three CW waves doesn't happen here. That is too much money at once. DON'T DO IT HASBRO!!!!!

I agree...  I'd rather that didn't happen, at all.  Spread it out into 2010, but not all at once.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2009, 11:40 AM »
The gear is still coming....

Q1: A quick follow up question regarding the Imperial Scanning Crew figure. Solicitation imagery has shown up online showing the packaging and loose shots for this figure and the collecting natives are restless to say the least as neither show the scanning equipment being included! Please tell us that this isn't another issue regarding cost and those accessories haven't been dropped.

A1: There was an error in the first packaging that was quickly corrected. The equipment *will* be shipping with the Scanning Crew figure - one half of the equipment with the first release, and the second half with the second release in a later wave.

Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2009, 12:25 PM »
So the equipment is in parts to complete one? I thought it was 2 different styles. Whatever it is at least something is included.

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 10, 2009, 07:33 PM »
good news about the gear .... but nothing about Kal fas?

I,ve gone from what a great sculpt - to GAHH those EYES!!!!!!!!!

( HAVE BEEN DRUNKEN) :'( ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 08:20 PM by jono »

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2009, 02:37 AM »
good news about the gear .... but nothing about Kal fas?

I,ve gone from what a great sculpt - to GAHH those EYES!!!!!!!!!

( HAVE BEEN DRUNKEN) :'( ;D

Recently some carded photos of Legacy Collection figures hit the Internet. Will the Imperial Scanning Tech be packaged with the ever-popular box, and will Hrchek Kal Fas be less crazy-eyed than the prototype? (BS, 2009-09-10)

There was an error in the first packaging that was quickly corrected.  The equipment *will* be shipping with the scanning crew - one half of the equipment with the first release, and the second half with the second release in a later wave. The Kal Fas you saw was an early sample, and should be corrected for final production.