Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 165014 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2011, 07:48 PM »
According to Sandtroopers, someone picked up BARC with Jesse at a Walmart.

Damn, it had to be Walmart. Just when I thought I was out...

Back to the Hunt!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 31, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Starting to have a bad feeling about BARC w/Jesse. I think this may turn out to be REALLY difficult to find. Apparently he is only part of Wave 4, and is not being carried forward with either of the subsequent revision waves (1 or 2) Because why would you want to make more of the one new thing, whe you can make more of the 3 or 4 things that have already been out for six months?  ::)

I saw Wave 4 Revision 2 over the weekend at Target (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS94737D1) because they had the 2 promo stickers for the online game or whatever, and the original versions did not.

So it appears they just skipped over the original Wave 4 entirely. Outside of the inital sighting on 1/14, I have not heard a single instance of this being found at retail.

It's never been on HTS or SWS and only showed up at BBTS for a few days before selling out and has never been re-stocked. That's pretty weak.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 31, 2011, 11:55 AM »
I have zero desire for that offering, but if I see one, I can pick it up for you if you want.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2011, 01:33 PM »
I have zero desire for that offering, but if I see one, I can pick it up for you if you want.

Thanks, if you could just post here if/when you run across it, that would be awesome. I still prefer to hunt that sucker down myself if I can, but it may not be possible.

Appreciated!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2011, 02:22 PM »
Starting to have a bad feeling about BARC w/Jesse. I think this may turn out to be REALLY difficult to find. Apparently he is only part of Wave 4, and is not being carried forward with either of the subsequent revision waves (1 or 2) Because why would you want to make more of the one new thing, whe you can make more of the 3 or 4 things that have already been out for six months?  ::)

I saw Wave 4 Revision 2 over the weekend at Target (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS94737D1) because they had the 2 promo stickers for the online game or whatever, and the original versions did not.

So it appears they just skipped over the original Wave 4 entirely. Outside of the inital sighting on 1/14, I have not heard a single instance of this being found at retail.

It's never been on HTS or SWS and only showed up at BBTS for a few days before selling out and has never been re-stocked. That's pretty weak.

I wouldn't panic just yet. We don't know what's coming in Wave 5, or even if there will be more revisions for Wave 4. I would be shocked if the BARC w/ Jesse wasn't carried forward, since it's new and there aren't any packaging changes this year. If they don't show up widely by March, or if we don't see it popping up on e-tailer listings, then I'd say get worried.

Looking on the bright side of things, you can pre-order a single set from EE.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 8, 2011, 10:25 PM »
Maybe I'm cheap but these vehicles would be much more appealing if they were about $12-15 instead of $16-$18.  Duh, I know.  But they just don't seem that great for the price they are at. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #261 on: February 8, 2011, 10:38 PM »
I know I'm cheap, but I agree.  Anything above $15's too much to me. 

I want more AT-RT's...  I won't buy them for more than $15.  I want that Kenobi bike with the sidecar, but won't buy it at all.  I want a Freeco or three, but not at anything over $15.  Hasbro's gotta push prices down for me to keep buying like I used to do.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 9, 2011, 08:10 AM »
agreed.  I opened the Naboo Skiff and Bane bike the other night and I was so incredibly underwhelmed.  Thankfully I am pretty sure I picked these up during a pretty decent sale.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 9, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I still don't understand how one dude found the BARC SPeeder w/Jesse a month ago at Wal-Mart and there have been 0 other reported sightings reported anywhere on the Internets since then. I see a buttload of the other Deluxe sets around town with the new promo sticker too.

I saw someone asked about this in the RS forums and no one has responded there yet either. I guess there is next to no interest in that set. Even Hasbro has never acknowledged its existence officially.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Seperatist speeder bike?

Pic at Yakface

Some Republic mini-fighter and Boba Fett on a new bike
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:02 PM by scockery »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2011, 07:12 PM »
I was very glad to not want any of the new deluxe stuff, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2011, 07:16 PM »
There's a Boba Fett (kid) with speederbike from season 2 finale.  There's also the big Bossk like dude with the the same speederbike with a different paint job.  Very cool.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Yeah, what episode did the Trandoshan ride that speeder? No recollection of that.

This was the only part of the line that had any actual surprises. We saw no other new figures or vehicles.

They are all insanely cool though, best stuff they are doing right now, IMO, even if they are getting a little derivative.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #268 on: February 12, 2011, 07:37 PM »
He's actually a Klaatu...  Like Kithaba.  He's got the dog jowls thing going on.

I thought in the episode with the crashed Republic Cruiser that Ani and Mace get trapped and Boba goes after them but R2 distracts them...  The Speeders were maybe in there, if anywhere.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2011, 07:52 PM »
Starwars.com has official Hasbro photos of them all.

Interesting lot. It's nice to see some non-speeder bike items. They went overboard on blasters on a few of them, though. They have a mini-rig feel, in ways both good and bad (Grievous's mini wheel bike is almost like a kiddie ride).