Author Topic: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line  (Read 164610 times)

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CW Deluxe Figure & Vehicle Line
« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2011, 01:53 PM »
Thank you Scott. Delivered to the door for the same price as tru in store. I was about to leave to look for Castas at my alternate tru. You saved me an hour and a half and seven bucks in gas.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 11, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Let me echo TheSon's sentiments - thank you Scott - one less headache of having to chase product...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2011, 03:04 PM »
In stock now over at Hasbrotoyshop

DISC10 for 10% off

I just saw that...they actually have a listing up for the mini Y-Wing too, but it says Out of Stock. I wonder if it was ever really in stock? Did I somehow miss that? I feel like I just checked HTS over the weekend and saw nothing new.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #333 on: July 11, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Quote from: McMetal link=topic=18795.msg513156#msg513156 date=1310411074
In stock now over at Hasbrotoyshop

DISC10 for 10% off

I just saw that...they actually have a listing up for the mini Y-Wing too, but it says Out of Stock. I wonder if it was ever really in stock? Did I somehow miss that? I feel like I just checked HTS over the weekend and saw nothing new.
It was in stock...as I got one ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Yeah, I missed out on the mini Y-Wing, too.  I'm sure it'll show some time soon.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #335 on: July 11, 2011, 04:14 PM »
There hasn't been a deluxe vehicle hard to find yet, and I doubt the price hike's going to change that.  I'm going to wait it out I guess for WM or Target.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 11, 2011, 05:14 PM »
There hasn't been a deluxe vehicle hard to find yet, and I doubt the price hike's going to change that.  I'm going to wait it out I guess for WM or Target.

Normally I would agree - but with the 10% discount, it ended up working out where they were less than $16.99 each. Considering that TRU has them for $19.99 - it was almost a $20 savings for me in the long run...

Hey McMetal - don't feel bad, I placed my order less than 10 minutes after Scott's post, and the Mini Y-Wing was already out of stock by then. So if it was in stock it was for a pretty short period of time.

Where is the Boba Fett on Speeder Bike and Obi-Wan and Attack Shuttle, though? I thought they were in Wave 1 of this assortment - or did things change after Toy Fair?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 11, 2011, 07:30 PM »
Where is the Boba Fett on Speeder Bike and Obi-Wan and Attack Shuttle, though? I thought they were in Wave 1 of this assortment - or did things change after Toy Fair?

I'm guessing they changed the assortments.  It still doesn't account for how some of these are $18.99 and others are $19.99 at TRU.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Yeah, I missed out on the mini Y-Wing, too.  I'm sure it'll show some time soon.

Like...right now?  8)

It is listed as In Stock again at HTS, I just picked one up along with the RC Republic Fighter Tank.

Thanks for the promo code!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 15, 2011, 06:43 PM »

I'm guessing they changed the assortments.  It still doesn't account for how some of these are $18.99 and others are $19.99 at TRU.

Looks like the line got kinda rebooted? Wonder why the shake-up. More specifically, I wonder if these got canned or not.

Did I miss the memo?  Hasbro included a weapon-swapping gimmick here with standardized holes and pegs for weapons.  You can take the guns off the Scout Speeder and slap them on the Y-Wing Scout Bomber.  I had no idea.  It's a lot like the G.I. Joe Sound Attack/Transformers Energon weapons and Mini-Cons thing but they don't activate anything, it's just a "power-up" thing.  The Y-Wing box doesn't even  mention it, and it's just a tiny bullet point on the Scout Speeder.  I'm surprised they didn't brand it with some goofy name, include spare guns with basic carded figures, and play it up like they did MechTech on Transformers.

...admittedly it isn't as cool as MechTech but it's a missed opportunity to say "buy another thing like this and you can swap their guns."  That's actually a nice feature.  Why not exploit it?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:26 PM by Adam_Pawlus »
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #340 on: July 15, 2011, 11:19 PM »
As I tweeted to you earlier Adam, it like the Centurions line from the 80s with their swappable weapons, jetpacks and launchers.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 16, 2011, 08:52 AM »

The tru receipts give an insight into the prices. The 18.99 are sw deluxe fig & vehicle. 19.99 are sw rapid strike vehicle. My assumption is that it comes down to data entry, some of the sku's were given the old description/price and when they created a new label a price hike just HAD to go with it. I would assume that all of the remaining new vehicles will be 19.99. If they ever make it to the shelves.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #342 on: July 28, 2011, 04:14 PM »
It seems the Y-WIng is now shippin gas well, in a revision case.

I've still not gotten the Republic Speeder thing (I really want a few of those) or seen anything but the Separatist thing, which I passed on.  Granted, nobody but TRU has put these out anywhere locally...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 28, 2011, 05:03 PM »
I really want that mini ywing. looks like something I would actually play with haha

Jim
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #344 on: July 28, 2011, 07:21 PM »
I found the Y Wing today, along with the rest.  This part of the Hasbro line is on fire.  The Y Wing is a great little toy, and the opportunity to add new characters like Castas and Warthog is appreciated.