Author Topic: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn  (Read 86771 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy Mail-Away Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn
« Reply #150 on: April 1, 2010, 01:57 AM »
If this set had been offered for sale at retail I would have bought one to open and that would have been it.  As it is, a mail-away, I ordered one right off the bat and opened it.  Since then I've ordered at least 5 more, I think.

I'm actually not positive on that number.  I ordered 2 more that I received, I ordered 2 today (Wed) and I got a post card telling me an order I put in wasn't shipping till May.  And honestly, I have no idea how many I ordered that time.  I'd have to dig out the check register it's been so long.

I have ordered 3 Nahdar Vebb figures also, but I probably would have only bought one of him at retail, two tops if I decided to keep one carded.  Again, since it's a mail-away, it's just fun and not overly expensive to just order a few.   :P

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 1, 2010, 04:59 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess the eopie is the draw for me here and would be the reason for picking this one up. I already have the evolutions Qui Gon and the poncho on this version doesn't resemble the one he wore in the film too much. Call me crazy, but the closer they match the colors to what we see in the films, the better I like it. On the flip side, from what I've seen, the skin tone looks a little healthier on this guy.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2010, 10:42 PM »
May 13th is approaching - the day most people (including me!) will be getting the newest batch of Qui-Gon and Eopie!! ;D
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2010, 11:06 AM »
Had a chance to check my account this morning and saw my check cleared on 5/11 for my 2 Eopie w/Qui-Gon.  Hopefully, we'll be seeing them soon.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2010, 12:32 PM »
Still waiting....
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Okay.  Who had the eopies and Qui Gons sent to my house?

I didn't even send away for any of these.

Show yourself!!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2010, 06:37 PM »
I got another delay reminder...  7/10 I believe was the date.  It arrived today.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2010, 06:54 PM »
I got another delay reminder...  7/10 I believe was the date.  It arrived today.

Really? Can you post what it says, please? I mailed away for my figures the Sunday before the deadine (Wednesday), and I haven't received any notices whatsoever. NOT GOOD. :( 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2010, 08:00 PM »
It's just like the last delay card but bumps the date to July 15th 2010 for shipping if you've had outstanding orders.  I sent in a little later for some, so this may apply to those.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2010, 08:22 PM »
I received the same card today as Jesse describes above. I sent my form mid/late-February.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2010, 11:47 PM »
Wow, at this rate, Hasbro needs to include some grand-scale apology card (;)) with the Eopies when they arrive in...*sigh*... July. :(

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45 AM »
So how much longer til I get my Nahdar Vebb delayed shipping card?  ::)

Those a-holes cashed my check SIX WEEKS AGO, and I've gotten jack shiite.

Hasbro's fulfillment house just plain sucks.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2010, 03:59 PM »
Well to be fair, when was the last time we had such great mail-ins, and 2 in a year, and in the basic line to boot?  And more to come with the Vintage stuff too...

Seriously I'm not complaining at all...  They'll arrive when they arrive, and to be frank, I'm just grateful we were offered such nice mail-aways this past couple years. 

I got 2 Eopies in the mail today, so I'm assuming my card was applicable to the Eopies I mailed in for later getting nearer to the deadline.  I'm guessing the card I got is simply an extension of the last card I got, saying basically, "Tons of people wanted these, we had to make more to satisfy demand, and so we're going to be a little beyond the estimated date of delivery to get you yours which you sent in for before the deadline".

Hasbro obviously could've just said, "Supplies didn't last, sorry, so we're not sending you what you wanted at the last minute", but instead they're making more...  To me, that's pretty above and beyond on their part.

I haven't gotten my Vebb's either, but I'm sure I'll get them eventually...  I'm sure that one's probably going to do as well or better than the Eopie.  It's a whole new figure.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2010, 05:11 PM »
I checked the mailbox last night, and lo and behold I got my 5 Eopies with Qui-Gon Jinns.  Now I have to figure out...what do I do with 5 of these?  In the grand scheme of things they were pretty cheap.  But I'll only NEED perhaps 3 for my own collection. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2010, 11:16 PM »
Recieved my two Eopies today. And here I was expecting another delay postcard.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk