Author Topic: NFL Regular Season 2009  (Read 99842 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason 2009
« Reply #90 on: May 8, 2009, 05:15 PM »
Doesn't matter - the Bears have the division clinched.

All you Vikings fans can suck it!!!!111!!!

Green Bay fans too!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 8, 2009, 05:29 PM »

You type exclamations points like the Bears play football (no I don't know exactly what that means).

Now they say the Vikings are looking at Favre X-rays and if they don't think surgery is necessary they will try to sign him.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 8, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I hope they sign him - then the division is guaranteed to go to the Bears!!!!1111!!!

Cutler + Forte = doom for AP and whatever bum the Vikes can sign off the street to be their QB!

Lights out fools!

:-*
« Last Edit: May 8, 2009, 05:39 PM by ruiner »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 8, 2009, 05:55 PM »

Now they say the Vikings are looking at Favre X-rays and if they don't think surgery is necessary they will try to sign him.

Breaking news!

X-rays are in:

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 8, 2009, 09:00 PM »
I hope they sign him - then the division is guaranteed to go to the Bears!!!!1111!!!

I love the Cutler acquisition, but I don't think the Bears are any better than the Vikings at this point.  The Vikings are stacked pretty much everywhere but QB and if Favre is healthy and goes there, they're the favorites in that division, and one of the top two or three contenders for the entire NFC.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 8, 2009, 10:53 PM »

Cutler + Forte = doom for AP and whatever bum the Vikes can sign off the street to be their QB!

Lights out fools!

:-*

I think the Bears are the best team on paper right now, which is why is going to be so much fun when the Packers mop the floor with 'em. The Green & Gold already had a solid offense last year and they had the best grade from several sources coming out of the draft.  The Vikings are still a QB and a coach short of going anywhere and we don't even need to bring up Detroit.  My money's on the Packers narrowly edging out the Bears for a division title.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 9, 2009, 01:20 AM »

I love the Cutler acquisition, but I don't think the Bears are any better than the Vikings at this point.  The Vikings are stacked pretty much everywhere but QB and if Favre is healthy and goes there, they're the favorites in that division, and one of the top two or three contenders for the entire NFC.

Can you imagine if they sign Favre?  Then play the Packers on Monday Night Football?   :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 9, 2009, 12:20 PM »
Can you imagine if they sign Favre?  Then play the Packers on Monday Night Football?   :o

I'm counting on it - it would be the highest rated MNF in years.

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 9, 2009, 07:55 PM »

Green Bay fans too!

You seem to be pre-supposing that Jake Cutler is going to be cool in Chicago.  After the embarassing way he left Denver I'd be surprised to see him rise to a real position of leadership on the Bears.  He acted like a complete malcontent/prima donna.  I think the Chicago fans might have very little patience for him if he stinks things up.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 9, 2009, 09:06 PM »
I think the Chicago fans might have very little patience for him if he stinks things up.

Chicago hasn't had a QB as good as Cutler in literally forever.  They'll give him some breaks.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 9, 2009, 09:28 PM »
To say the least.

And you know how I feel about Favre - he's more trouble than what he's worth.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 9, 2009, 09:30 PM »
  My money's on the Packers narrowly edging out the Bears for a division title.

Name your price.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2009, 06:58 PM »
I will be surprised if the Vikings don't end up with Favre.  It will make the owners tons of cash.  Without him, they are looking at blackouts because the fans hate Childress.  With him, they are looking at sellouts, high ratings for every game especially the MNF one vs the Pack, tons of purple #4 jerseys selling and at least one playoff win if Brett stays healthy.  He won't have to win games for the Vikings, just be a game manager.  He might have to throw 20-25 times a game as opposed to 35-40.  That should save his shoulder.  Berrian is a top notch WR and Sidney Rice should benefit from having a real QB throw to him.  The drafting of Harvin should also help the offense if Baldy and his monkey boy OC can draw up some plays for him.  Adrian Peterson will also benefit and probably rush for 2000 yards if healthy.  I realize this is a lot of ifs.  If everything goes wrong and the Vikings fall on their butts, then hopefully Childress is canned and they find a real head coach.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2009, 11:53 PM »
Playoff win?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2009, 02:34 AM »
I know the Bears will be a touch better but I'm still not convinced Cutler will have anyone to throw it to other than FOrte and Olsen.  Plus the Bears D is showing signs of finally starting to tail off and age. 

I also think the Vikings are better than they were last year when they won the division...especially getting their best defensive player (EJ Henderson) back to an already stellar unit.  And while Sage may not be the answer...he is better than Gus and he did alright in the same job.  So...why wouldn't they be expected to win the division and a playoff game.  Green Bay and Detroit are both non factors and it comes down to Chicago and Minnesota.