Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335958 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2009, 02:15 AM »
Saw all the new stuff this weekend.  Bought none of it.  Alllllllmost bought a Commando Droid. :)  I was really near purchase on that one, but bailed.  Almost also bought 4-A7, but again I passed and I'm glad.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2009, 12:06 PM »
I've been seeing quite a bit of the newer waves lately (only Clone Wars - and only at Target so far), and have ended up picking up more than I thought I would.  There are a few others out there that I haven't gotten yet, if I really wanted to stay "complete", but I've continued to see them.  It doesn't seem like anything else is being stocked, at least here locally, but CW stuff (still looking for the Legends Mynock Hunt Han/Chewie).

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2009, 08:06 PM »
Bought the new figures from the first CW RED wave today.  It was just the 6 new figures in that wave.  But I've been really surprised to hear that figures like Cad Bane are already being found.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2009, 08:28 PM »
Bought the new figures from the first CW RED wave today.  It was just the 6 new figures in that wave.  But I've been really surprised to hear that figures like Cad Bane are already being found.

There's like 3-4 new CW waves out right now if I'm not mistaken.  I picked up Bane a week or so ago.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I picked up a 41st elite Clone Trooper today (Just for the canon to complete my arsenal for my realistic CW Space Whale Arc team) and he came with a lot of paperwork:

Qui-Gon/Eopie Mail away Form (No sticker on the package mentioning this)
$5 Clone Cash Coupon
Catalog

I was not aware the Qui-Gon coupon was included with the animated figures. I really dig the Clone cash because I by so much of it, it's nice to see them give back. I may apply this to the Imperial Arc that I have been on the fence about buying.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2009, 03:54 PM »
I was not aware the Qui-Gon coupon was included with the animated figures. I really dig the Clone cash because I by so much of it, it's nice to see them give back. I may apply this to the Imperial Arc that I have been on the fence about buying.

I think Jayson reported that multiple Clone Cash Coupons could be used on one purchase. Maybe try that if you're after the ARC-170. It's overpriced even after $5 taken off. Getting suckered into the purchase only gives Hasbro the impression that repainted ripoffs are something the line needs more of. Vote with your dollars! Vote "NO" on proposition 170!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2009, 05:38 PM »

I think Jayson reported that multiple Clone Cash Coupons could be used on one purchase. Maybe try that if you're after the ARC-170. It's overpriced even after $5 taken off. Getting suckered into the purchase only gives Hasbro the impression that repainted ripoffs are something the line needs more of. Vote with your dollars! Vote "NO" on proposition 170!

I like your Analogy, yes it's still overpriced but I really dig it. I have been passing on several repaints lately. I do not like the Imperial V-Wing, Wampa Arc, TRU V-Wing with less deco, all of the Deluxe packs sans the TT Gunners which are new. So that will make buying this ok right? ???

I heard about the Clone Cash but not the Eopie mail away form without the sticker on the blister. I already mailed away for 5 Eopies but this is the first time I have the actual form, i have bbeen using the PDF print out.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2009, 05:48 PM »

My experience has been that you can use a coupon per star wars item at Target.  If you are buying 4 figures and an Arc-170, you can use 5 coupons, but they won't let you use the five coupons on the ship itself.  I tried using multiple coupons to pick up a Turbo Tank the other day, but their system flags an issue with awarding the second coupon.  Receipt also shows which item the coupon was used for - I bought 6 figures a week or so ago and noticed that 5 rang up on one line with the 6th on a seperate line linked to the clone cash I used.  Not sure if Wal-Mart might work differently, but I have yet to hear about the big ships at Wally World yet.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2009, 05:53 PM »
Receipt also shows which item the coupon was used for - I bought 6 figures a week or so ago and noticed that 5 rang up on one line with the 6th on a seperate line linked to the clone cash I used.  Not sure if Wal-Mart might work differently, but I have yet to hear about the big ships at Wally World yet.

Wow...Target finally fixed that problem?  Must have been around the same time they stopped taking those $5 coupons....

Man I miss those things.   :'(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2009, 06:06 PM »

I like your Analogy, yes it's still overpriced but I really dig it. I have been passing on several repaints lately. I do not like the Imperial V-Wing, Wampa Arc, TRU V-Wing with less deco, all of the Deluxe packs sans the TT Gunners which are new. So that will make buying this ok right? ???

I heard about the Clone Cash but not the Eopie mail away form without the sticker on the blister. I already mailed away for 5 Eopies but this is the first time I have the actual form, i have bbeen using the PDF print out.

I don't have a problem with repaints, it's more of a beef with pricing. I'd actually say the deluxe packs (at least the sets with two figures) are equivalent to buying two basic figures. If you're okay with the price of basic figures, you shouldn't complain too much about the Deluxe sets.

My advice to you on the ARC ship is to wait for a sale and use Clone Cash in conjunction with the discount provided by the sale. As much as I love the toy, it shouldn't be priced at over $40. This picture, from a member at Banthaskull, makes me sick:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:48 AM by Greg »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2009, 10:56 AM »
Trying to look at that invisible picture makes me ill as well.   :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2009, 01:41 PM »
WOW!
That picture truly speaks a thousand words, yeah I will wait, it's not unlike these are flying off the shelf. You convinced me.

Truly sad, I would not have balked at $44.99 given the prices of things everywhere.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Truly sad, I would not have balked at $44.99 given the prices of things everywhere.

I'd own an ARC right now if it was $44.99.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2009, 02:33 PM »
I'll admit, I have two of the "Wampa" ARCs and I thought $45 was a stretch. For one that wasn't even in the film, I can't even swing $65. Good for you on waiting, I'm sure you'll be able to get it for $50 or so around the holidays!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2009, 06:06 PM »
The only problem with waiting until clearance is that as long as these are on the shelves there will be no room for the Y-Wing! :'(
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 06:07 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!