Author Topic: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases  (Read 335953 times)

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:04 AM »
I didn't see a thread this fit in, since there isn't a Clone Wars finds thread, but if someone wants to merge this, please do.

I was at a Super Wally this morning and there was a pallet of unopened cases.  I had already found the Legacy figs I wanted, and there were a number of stock people there, so I wasn't going to start opening cases.  But there was one case that I saw that I didn't recognize the description and hope someone can fill me in.  It said something along the lines of "SW Clone Wars EU 2 Packs".  I wish I'd had the presence of mind to take a pic with my phone so I could atleast have gotten the text right, or asked one of the stock people to open it for me (it was 2:30 am, so I wasn't thinking straight).  Anyone know what this might be?  The only Walmart two packs I know about are the BAD line in the Legacy collection.  Is Walmart getting a Clone Wars line of 2packs?
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Recent Clone Wars Finds/Purchases
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 10:27 AM »
They could be the Anakin/R2 and Grievous/Battle Droid Sets that I saw/picked up at TRU recently.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45 AM »
That might be it, I forgot about those (IIRC wasn't there some speculation that the R2/Anakin sets would be the replacement for the Droid Factory sets? glad that isn't the case).  I'll have to check again sometime next week to see if they've stocked those.  Otherwise maybe WM and Hasbro have snuck something out.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:49 AM »
I am pretty sure that "SW EU 2 Packs" = the Comic Packs in Hasbro-speak.

They may have been the standard Comic Packs or they may have been the new Walmart exclusive ones that are due anyday now, but I'm betting they were just Comic Packs.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:22 PM »
On the WalMart theme, prices on the vehicle line seem to be up at WalMart.  I had been holding off on buying the repainted AAT.  Much to my chagrin, when I finally got one tonight it scanned in at $24.77.  Ouch!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 10:43 AM »
WOO HOO!!!! Saw the Christophsis UBP for the first time last night and got it on clearance. ;D
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Over the weekend I picked up an Odd Ball so I have a pilot for the Y-Wing Bomber that is coming out later this year.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 07:37 PM »
WOO HOO!!!! Saw the Christophsis UBP for the first time last night and got it on clearance. ;D

Was it on Clearance or just on sale?  Assuming this was the $38 price tag?  I still can't bring myself to buy one at that price.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I picked up all four of the TRU Clone Wars 2-packs today. Only one of each to keep MOC.

I'll probably regret it one day, but my thinking was that those "Under the Helmet" 2-packs might get packaged just like this and if they were, one day I'd be regretting not picking these up.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Picked up the wave 5 Kit Fisto and a 41st Elite Clone.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:46 PM »
Picked up one each of the TRU Exclusive Clone Wars vehicles w/figure.  :-\
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 03:52 PM »

Ouch.....I feel bad for the two of everything people out there on these things.  Makes me feel better that I'm not a completest anymore though.  $$
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 06:26 PM »
Ouch.....I feel bad for the two of everything people out there on these things.  Makes me feel better that I'm not a completest anymore though.  $$

I am normally a "two of everything" person. But for these, I'm leaning towards just getting one of each to keep MIB. If it turns out that the Hailfire Droid or V-Wing are indeed repainted in some way, then I will get them. If not, then only one of each for me with these.

Peter

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 06:29 PM »

I am normally a "two of everything" person. But for these, I'm leaning towards just getting one of each to keep MIB. If it turns out that the Hailfire Droid or V-Wing are indeed repainted in some way, then I will get them. If not, then only one of each for me with these.

Are these two nothing more than repacked TAC Hailfire and CW (original) Hailfire? I thought they were going to be "snazzy" colors like the recent AAT, etc. If that's the case then I don't even know why I was thinking about these.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 10:46 PM »

I'm normally a 2x of everything kind of guy, but I'm not touching these with a 10ft pole.  If you buy a lot of repack stuff, Hasbro will continue to make a lot of repack stuff, so I'll pass.  I'd love to see these sit forever as a message that we don't need more repack crap at collector prices.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today