Author Topic: Deluxe Series 2 - Hoth  (Read 138112 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 2 - Hoth
« Reply #240 on: April 19, 2011, 06:22 PM »
I'm sure glad I got my chase figures in a complete set off ebay...  that price for the AT-ST driver is insane...  :o

What did that cost you?  I'm feeling more lucky every day about drawing the Hoth Rebel in this wave.  I would love to get the AT-ST Driver, but until it gets back down to Rebel Trooper prices, it will be a hole in my collection.  $450 is just insane.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 19, 2011, 09:54 PM »
It was $600. shipped & included the cardboard display. 1st time I went this route, thought I would give it a try. Will be doing it again with the next series depending on the price.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 19, 2011, 10:05 PM »
It was $600. shipped & included the cardboard display. 1st time I went this route, thought I would give it a try. Will be doing it again with the next series depending on the price.

It's depressing to say that is a good deal.

Offline Outkast34

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2011, 10:31 AM »
I have them all except the AT-ST driver. And with the price of that being sky high it has moved me from completist and buying a box of 12 to probably just buying a set of 6 off ebay for future releases now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:21 PM by Outkast34 »

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2011, 08:34 PM »
I'm sure glad I got my chase figures in a complete set off ebay...  that price for the AT-ST driver is insane...  :o
Yeah, me too.  I got the full set as soon as the series was released, from a private contact in HongKong, not ebay.  No cardboard display, just one of each of the figures, including chases.  I paid $380 total, including shipping.  This was well before the prices for these chases skyrocketed.  I was quite happy, but my seller was probably a little regretful.  ;D

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2011, 04:21 AM »
Assuming you got the cardboard display and you're using it, how have you got your kubs displayed on it? Also do you display any hoth related none dx kubs on it? Pictures would be nice :)

I had no problem with the dx1 set as it's smaller and jabba takes up a lot of space and I have lots of none dx kubs for it but the hoth one seems a bit sparse and they seem to be just standing there more so than the dx1 kubs seem to be lol
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2011, 08:45 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 25, 2011, 09:07 PM »
nice pic Jay!

throwing the basic Han hair on Hoth han makes for a good looking figure too-

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2011, 03:30 AM »
Thanks for the picture  ;D

I like your use of accessories!

I included the AT-AT driver in my display but I may have to add vader and some more snowtroopers. 

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 28, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Nice!

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 2, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Anyone else get annoyed when they see ebay auctions from the seller "corndogcollectibles?"  I know anyone can charge whatever they want and more power to them, but to have to scroll past 100 listings of $400 Jar Jar Binks' and $200 K-3POs is getting old. Funny that when a Kubrick comes out that actually fetches $400, aka AT-ST driver, he charges $800.  ::)

Offline Sir Real

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 2, 2011, 08:58 PM »
That bothers me a little bit.  I know that guy, and I got him a bunch of his Star Wars kubs.  I thought they were for his collection, and now I see that he takes the good deals I give him and turns around and resells them, or tries to.  I think I'm going to think twice the next time he asks me to find stuff for him...

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 2, 2011, 10:21 PM »
That bothers me a little bit.  I know that guy, and I got him a bunch of his Star Wars kubs.  I thought they were for his collection, and now I see that he takes the good deals I give him and turns around and resells them, or tries to.  I think I'm going to think twice the next time he asks me to find stuff for him...

Man, that's really a ****** thing to do on his part.  Sorry to hear that he's been taking advantage of your good nature.  Hopefully no one ends up buying anything from him at those prices...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 2, 2011, 11:05 PM »
Anyone else get annoyed when they see ebay auctions from the seller "corndogcollectibles?"  I know anyone can charge whatever they want and more power to them, but to have to scroll past 100 listings of $400 Jar Jar Binks' and $200 K-3POs is getting old. Funny that when a Kubrick comes out that actually fetches $400, aka AT-ST driver, he charges $800.  ::)

If you do an advanced search you can select which ebay sellers you don't want to include. I haven't been subjected to corndogcollectables greed and stupidity for quite a while now. I also include key words relating to Stanley Kubrick films for it to ignore and then save the search. I do an unfiltered search once a week or so but the search setting I have don't seem to miss out anything important.

« Last Edit: June 2, 2011, 11:10 PM by Symposium »

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 3, 2011, 12:00 AM »
If you do an advanced search you can select which ebay sellers you don't want to include. I haven't been subjected to corndogcollectables greed and stupidity for quite a while now. I also include key words relating to Stanley Kubrick films for it to ignore and then save the search. I do an unfiltered search once a week or so but the search setting I have don't seem to miss out anything important.

That's awesome, thanks! Didn't realize it was possible to hide specific sellers. I will promptly block old corndog, though I'll miss seeing his rare and exotic treasures. Many don't realize that if you take Dodo Bodonawieedo out of the package and photograph him on a white background, his value will eclipse that of the entire sealed set.  ;D

Sir Real--That sucks indeed, especially if he made it seem like it was for his own collection. Hopefully next time you leave him out in the cold.