Author Topic: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine  (Read 132672 times)

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Deluxe Series 3 - Tatooine
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2011, 03:54 PM »
That was me...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 15, 2011, 04:22 PM »
That was me...

Nice purchase dude.  I found that on my way to a meeting and stared at it for the longest time.  I thought it said $330 + $20 shipping and was waffling.  Then I decided to do it and noticed it was $350 plus $20 shipping, which made me waffle a little more.  I refreshed a few times and then it was sold.  $370 is not a bad price given what the AT-ST was selling for, but I had a hard time justifying that cost for one little guy, even if it is Hammerhead.  I'm sure I will regret not buyiner...

Oh well, congrats!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2011, 04:42 PM »

Nice purchase dude.  I found that on my way to a meeting and stared at it for the longest time.  I thought it said $330 + $20 shipping and was waffling.  Then I decided to do it and noticed it was $350 plus $20 shipping, which made me waffle a little more.  I refreshed a few times and then it was sold.  $370 is not a bad price given what the AT-ST was selling for, but I had a hard time justifying that cost for one little guy, even if it is Hammerhead.  I'm sure I will regret not buyiner...

Oh well, congrats!

Well this was lost in translation for a moment. waffle or waffling in the UK means babbling or talking nonsense. Wavering on the other hand means to be indecisive about something.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Jonny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2011, 05:22 PM »
I sat on my hands when the full sets went up and have been kicking myself since....when I saw it go up I felt it best to jump on now rather than regret it down the line. I really hope they sort out the ratios though or else this line is going to break me. The DX1 chases were a breeze, DX2 got silly with the AT-ST driver, but at least he was available for a bit before the prices skyrocketed, with DX3...its been nuts since day one. I am delighted to have gotten the figure though (at least now I can stop continually checking eBay!). Now all I need to find is Uncle Owen...

Offline MikeT

• Jedi Initiate
  • Boba Fett?! Boba Fett?! WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2011, 06:37 PM »
I saw that this morning, and it was briefly at $330. Guess that's how quick Hammerhead's price is skyrocketing.  :) Congrats on snagging it.

I'm one of the ones who pounced on a full set from the bay. I thought I'd be kicking myself, but so far I'm definitely glad I took that gamble, and really pleased with the set.  Though I am kicking myself about not going for some of the first auctions I saw on yahoo when DX3 first dropped.  Kubricks are all about kicking yourself or worrying about eventually kicking yourself...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2011, 08:27 PM »
Well this was lost in translation for a moment. waffle or waffling in the UK means babbling or talking nonsense. Wavering on the other hand means to be indecisive about something.

In that case, I was both waffling and wavering!  I'm glad to hear someone else saw it at $330 - I thought I was losing my vision.  I'm regretting not hitting buy it now right away at $330...I think.  I've never paid more than $160 for a figure, so more than double that was definitely reason to pause.  I think I would have bought the set of 9 for $600 if I had seen it, so let's do the math...

- $80 can get you a basic set
 - Owen is going for about $180
 - A packaged deal means Hammerhead is worth around $360....pretty close

I'm not including shipping costs in there, but after I had thought it about it, I figured $350 shipped was worth it.  Then when I saw it was $370 total I was thrown for a loop, thinking maybe there were multiple postings.  Stinks to have been in a meeting - I didn't really have time to think things through clearly before I saw that it had sold. 

I guess I'm happy that I didn't blow $370 today, and that still feels like a lot of money, but if another one popped up at that price, I think I might go for it.  Curious how many other people are willing to snag one for that price...  :-\
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2011, 09:06 PM »
I guess I'm happy that I didn't blow $370 today, and that still feels like a lot of money, but if another one popped up at that price, I think I might go for it.  Curious how many other people are willing to snag one for that price...  :-\

You can put me in the camp of not willing to pay anywhere near that amount yet.  The most I've paid for an individual figure is $150, including most recently the L-Slot Fett and Owen Lars chase figures.  I guess this is the reason I haven't bought the Rebel Trooper, AT-ST driver or Hammerhead figures yet.  The same could be said for why I don't have a carded Jorg.  When ningyoushi had the rebel trooper available for $160, I almost pulled the trigger on numerous occasions.  But I kept coming back to the fact that I would be starting down a slippery slope of justifying almost any amount as 'okay' to spend for these.

I got into collecting these things because it was fun and because there was the draw of being a bit hard to come by since they were Japan only toys.  Now that it's becoming almost impossible to come by some of these chase figures unless you're willing to break the bank to get them, I'm starting to come around to the idea that I just might not get the complete SW collection after all.  And you know, I'm okay with that...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline tiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2011, 09:59 PM »
Count me out for $350...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2011, 11:26 PM »
Well, I am a total crackbrick addict.  I found a Hammerhead with a BIN on a Japanese Auction for $281 tonight, so I bought it.  It was sitting with no bids for only $222 (still a lot), but I really want that Hammerhead and am tired of looking for him every 15min on Ebay.  I was going to buy the SDCC Death Star Exclusive for $130, so I'm going to justify my purchase by not getting that and paying my self-imposed "limit" of $150 (it makes sense if you read it a few times). 

I'm still not convinced I did the right thing, but using the $600 9pc set as a benchmark, I paid $280 for Hammerhead and $140 for my basic set of 6 + Landspeeder after selling the extras, so I've still got $160-180 to find Owen, though I'm going to have to hold off on that one for a while.  Now I'm off to go find a second job...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2011, 09:37 AM »
Congrats on the Hammerhead move, Justin.  Very jealous.  :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Congrats on nabbing Hammerhead!

Offline Adrian

• Jedi Initiate
  • Follow me you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21 AM »
Great move Justin!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2011, 10:32 AM »
Thanks guys.  I have had perma-smile on my face ever since I bought it, so I guess I made the right move.  We'll see if that changes when the bank statement arrives at the end of the month.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 16, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Congrats Justin...  not a bad price I must say... 8)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 16, 2011, 11:58 AM »
Good deal snagging the Hammerhead.  He's a great figure.

I will say, when I told my wife how much they were selling for on eBay she about fell over and asked me why I wasn't selling the one I got.