Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 227222 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #30 on: August 4, 2003, 11:12 AM »
Eh, the Mer-man isn't bad. I'll be getting it since I never found the first one.

So what store is this wave being found at first?
I remember my dream now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: August 4, 2003, 11:20 AM »
These were shipped from AFX.com...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 5, 2003, 09:22 AM »
Just curious, does anyone know when figures like Roboto and Zodac are expected to be hitting stores?  I've got plenty of other figures to look for, but these were a couple of my favorite figures when I was a kid (especially Roboto), and I was just curious when they might be showing up.  Also, went through a new Target nearest to us this past weekend, and I saw Prince Adam, Sy-Klone, Whiplash (as well as some variants of the big two).  I didn't pick any up, but might be going back this weekend....which would be the best one to pick up...going by "if you don't get it now, it might be gone"?  I was leaning towards Sy-Klone simply because I had the vintage version, but I hear Whiplash is a great figure as well.

Update--on part of my question, I was looking through the he-man.org forums, and see that they list the Roboto wave (Wave 6 Heroes - Roboto, Zodak, Shield Strike He-Man, and Sky Strike Stratos) as showing up in August...so maybe in a month or so people will start seeing them?
« Last Edit: August 5, 2003, 11:05 AM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: August 5, 2003, 01:25 PM »
I preordered 3 cases from AFX.com because I am officially sick of Mattel and I do this with SW anyway so...

The Roboto wave according to them is supposed to ship in 3-5 weeks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 6, 2003, 02:56 AM »
Well I just found Evil-Lyn and the repaint brothers tonight at Wally World. Im super stoked! We never get the newer figures up here when everyone else does.

I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 6, 2003, 12:00 PM »
I really like the looks of the figures from this line (although I only have He-Man thus far).  I've been wanting to collect it, without variants, and just a little bit at a time.  Although I'm not a member at he-man.org, I do look through their forums quite a bit, and it seems like there is a lot of fear that the line is coming to an end (possibly soon)?  I don't know if that is true or not, and within another year or so they would probably have made most of the figures that I want, but I was curious if any of you knew if the line was in big trouble or not.  I'd like to collect some, but if some stores are going to stop carrying them, or figures aren't going to be shipped very often, it might make it more difficult.  I do understand that getting into the game later like this will make it difficult anyways for me, but I don't really want to be looking all over, shopping online, paying exorbant prices, etc. for this line (I already do enough of that with Star Wars right now, and SW figures are my first priority).  Anyways, do you think the line is in trouble...is it a bad time to start collecting these?  Thanks again for any advice, and sorry for all of the questions.  I know I have been back and forth on this a lot, but I'm not sure how much income I have to dedicate to this line and my wife's not too crazy about me collecting another line :)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 6, 2003, 09:04 PM »
Don't let all this hearsay about the line dying scare you off. It's all first-second year rumors.

Im sure alot of people said the same thing when Star Wars came out the second time.

The line probably won't go as long as SW but it'll be around.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2003, 09:05 PM by MetalJedi »
I remember my dream now.

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 6, 2003, 10:35 PM »
Well,  it will be a sad day if they pull the plug on the line so soon.   Although I don't hunt for He-Man figures as much as Star Wars,   I am collecting the figures.  My question is this,  why are they making so many versions of He-Man and Skeletor?  Shouldn't they try to concentrate on main characters that haven't been made first and not the 11th version of He-Man.  Kinda sounds like Mattel has "Hasbroitis" ...  (Hasbro with 15 different Darth Mauls etc.)  How 'bout a King Randor figure?
« Last Edit: August 6, 2003, 10:36 PM by roguestormtrooper »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #38 on: August 7, 2003, 01:16 AM »
Mattel seems to think kids want a lot of He-Men. I can understand having He-Man and Skeletor around at all times, but this line isn't huge enough yet to warrant packing He-Man and Skeletor so heavily in each case.

Add to it collectors like me only wanting the 'secondary' characters, and you've got trouble. But judging by what I sawa t Target today, the line should be alright for a few years provided Mattel doesn't blow it with the Snake Men.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: September 4, 2003, 11:18 AM »
I'm officially giving up on this line.  I love the figures, think htey are really well done but my love of toy collecting is waning and these are the first to go.  Plus seeing the latest case assortments

http://www.shopafx.com/actionfigurexpress/masofun2.html

Means this line is going to die...it won't make it past Christmas next year.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 4, 2003, 11:49 AM »
Sorry to hear that OCB...but I can see where you are coming from.  It seems a lot of lines are getting difficult to collect, and unfortunately, I don't see MOTU lasting a whole lot longer either.  I am barely into this line (just He-man and Sy-Klone so far), but I am hoping to stay with it for a little while.  I am only collecting them slowly, and the figures I want have a limit to them.  Its not like Star Wars, where I end up wanting most if not all of the basic figures released....with MOTU, I basically want to work at going back and getting the characters that have been released so far, then add in a few of the upcoming figures (especially Roboto..as well as Zodac and Fisto), and wait and see if they release figures like new-style Mossman, Clawful and Stinkor.  Much further than that, I think I'd be pretty much done with what I wanted anyways.  Hopefully the line can last another year, but it does seem like it is limited.  Thanks for your past insights on the line though OCB...it was many of your comments on this line from forums that got me interested in the first place :).  Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to collect/not to collect.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 4, 2003, 12:23 PM »
This company just doesn't learn. Formulaic screwheads.

Oh well. Looks like I get to save money, because this isn't going to last much longer.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 6, 2003, 08:12 PM »
I have a trade list in the Trading section with my collection up for grabs.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2003, 11:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that you are giving up collecting as well HMI...but I did drop you an e-mail about your figs.  Although I don't have the funds right now, I'd like to talk to you in the future about hopefully taking a few off of your hands.  Anyways...I hope some people are sticking with this line....but it does seem to be fairly frustrating.  I did see over at the He-Man.org forums that Roboto has shown up (ebay only I think), and someone over there has received one and has some loose pics.  This is the figure I have been looking forward to the most, hopefully people will be able to find them in stores.  I see there are a few on ebay now as well going for anywhere from $40 to $80 I think.  I can't believe how high these figures go for initially...worse than Star Wars new releases, especially considering these are not "exclusives"...although with the case packs, it seems like some of them pretty much are ;).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2003, 01:18 AM »
Don't worry, mosnab, by the time you have the available scrib, I might still have the figures. I posted the list over at He-Man.org, and for a bunch of folks who complain about not being able to find these things, they didn't go for 'em, even though I added some Star Wars and LOTR stuff I needed to the list. They wouldn't even buy 'em. So I think the the .org is just full of a bunch of hot air.