Author Topic: Modern Masters of the Universe  (Read 228947 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #810 on: August 2, 2010, 01:00 PM »
I just got my order confirmation for the second attempt, so I'm pretty sure the earlier one didn't go through since I never got an order # or anything.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #811 on: August 2, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Orko was a mess this morning.  After 50 min of freshing i finally got one.  I am so happy for the all in subscription. Although it technically isnt, it makes my need to deal with Matty much less. Sucks we have a few more times this year to deal with it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 2, 2010, 09:38 PM »
Mattycollector needs to sell these on ebay or something.  Ebay never seems to slow down or get hammered.  They could list their figures as buy it now and when all done check out.  Maybe on Amazon.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 3, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Anyone buy the Mo-Lar two pack?  It's still in stock and lame as hell.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 4, 2010, 02:14 AM »
I think it's funny, but I didn't buy it. 40$ is just too much for me right now and I don't want the extra Skeletor anyway. if Mo-Larr had come single carded I'd be all over it though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 4, 2010, 02:20 AM »
No Mo-Larr here. I appreciate the effort (and love the skit on Robot Chicken), but I'm trying to keep my MOTUC collection to what was in the original line. Though I have to admit I might break that for Gygor.

Like Greedo, I might have considered it if it was a single figure. And it seems like it might lose a lot of luster if you open the box, which is... I don't know, stupid.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 4, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Yeah, I was tempted for a bit with the Mo-Larr set as well, but decided against it as well.  Like Ben, I love the skit of Robot Chicken and all...but I'm trying to stick with the "line I remember" as a kid.  I've been going back and forth on the 2011 subscription, so I decided to look through the vintage line and write down the figures I'd really like "Classics" versions of (that haven't already been released or will be this year), and it is about a dozen so the sub might be worth it.  I'd really like the following:

Man-E-Faces
Ram Man
Fisto
Clawful
Panthor
Mekaneck
Kobra Khan
Stinkor
Sy-Klone
Two Bad
Sorceress

Pretty much anything else (aside from the other Snake Men maybe) I'd probably try to sell.  Although some look cool, I don't necessarily have a lot of interest in the PoP stuff, or the newer stuff.  If they start getting into making vehicles (as it looks like might happen), I'm not sure what I'll do beyond that.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 4, 2010, 11:04 AM »
I like any character from the original masters line. 

Not a big fan of the PoP, 200X, or NA stuff but I was pleasantly surprised with how well Optikk turned out.  Kind of like Keldor too.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 4, 2010, 06:42 PM »
I collect this line mostly cuz I dig the techno fantasy theme, and cuz I like the designs. i don't necessarily need to know a character to enjoy them (Optikk for example, is pretty fun, even though I know nothing of the character), thus far there hasn't been much that hasn't piqued my interest, though as they get more and more obscure that may change. I don't mind a little POP and NA, the cooler looking ones like the Mutants and Horde dudes are great in my book, and a few of the heroic characters like Bow (who turned out awesome). On that note, I'm pretty much down for any and all of the villains, they're so much cooler visually than the heroes when you compare the two factions.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 9, 2010, 10:28 PM »
Got my Orko today. I have never seen so much wasted packaging in my life.  :o But other than that, I'm glad to have it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 10, 2010, 10:44 AM »
I got Orko/Adam (and Plastic Man) yesterday as well.  Really glad they included the Adam here, as paying $30 for just this Orko definitely would have stung.  Both figures, as always, look pretty great I think - and I was surprised that Adam came with an extra head, I didn't know that.  I've said it before, but prices and difficulty getting these aside, it really is a spiffy line.  If someone only collected MOTU, you could probably put together quite a display.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 10, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Wow, I can't believe you received yours already Ben.  Mine won't arrive until tomorrow.  Should have had it shipped to your house!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29 AM »
Wow, that's weird. Maybe UPS is trying to make up for my last package from Matty, which got delivered next door.  :)

As it is, I'm kind of disappointed with the set, but only because Adam has really, really, really loose ankles. I'll have to hit Hobby Lobby this weekend to find a doll stand or something, because this guy just cannot stand up. Maybe I'll got one for my MAA too, since he has the same problem.

Orko, however, is great. He's one of my favorite characters, and it's fantastic that he's in this line now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 11, 2010, 09:59 AM »
The ankle issue seems to be something that is hit or miss with this line.  I didn't have a problem with my Adam, but some of the others I've gotten (Moss Man, Man at Arms) have had that problem.  It is annoying.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 12, 2010, 10:31 PM »
Man, the quality on these two is the worst yet.  Adam can't even stand and I can see through the orange paint on Orko's hat.

I'm returning these to Matty.