Author Topic: From Star Wars To Jedi - The Making Of A Saga  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
From Star Wars To Jedi - The Making Of A Saga
« on: July 14, 2009, 08:40 PM »
I was searching through some old videotapes that I'm getting set to ditch soon (dead format).  And while I was looking through what I had, I rediscovered a copy of From Star Wars To Jedi - The Making Of A Saga.  It was a documentary that came out in 1985 which went behind the scenes during the production of ROTJ and was actually pretty interesting to watch. 

I don't know if Lucasfilm would ever consider reissuing this on DVD.  But has anyone come across a decent *ahem bootleg* copy that's on DVD?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: From Star Wars To Jedi - The Making Of A Saga
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 01:30 AM »
I think we watched this at a local get together a few years back. Is this the documentary that has a lot of shots of the cantina and some black and white footage of the Toshi Station/Cammie & Fixer stuff?

If you have the right equipment you could convert it yourself. If you decide to ditch this tape let me know Nick, I'd be interested in taking it off your hands for you. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 07:23 PM »
My tape isn't all that great.  I might see about getting it transferred to DVD at some point.  I know that there are all sorts of things that have made their way to DVD and wind up on the convention circuit.  Maybe I'll be able to find one at SDCC.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 10:02 AM »
I always liked this documentary a lot too, and remembered seeing it a few times on TV as a kid.  About a year or so ago, I picked it up off of ebay for $1, and it was nice watching it again.  I hope it would see a DVD release, but it seems doubtful.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 03:25 PM »
I would be surprised if it was not added to the eventual Blu-Ray release.
This is the way.

I have spoken.