Author Topic: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Figure Box Sets  (Read 19386 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Figure Box Sets
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 12:07 PM »
Is Hasbro located in California? I swear you guys get EVERYTHING first. Lucky bastages!

I'd say the boats from China dock on the West Coast.  ;)

Hahaha!  ;D  Well done Steve.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Disappointed these sets are hitting Toys'R'Us only b/c there's none of them anywhere near where I live  >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 01:33 AM »
After seeing these at TRU the other day, I decided these are an easy pass for me. The single box is pretty plain looking from the front and really isn't something I feel the need to re-buy. The 30AC card art is just so much nicer and more colorful.
"This is the way."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 04:44 AM »
After seeing these at TRU the other day, I decided these are an easy pass for me.

GASP! They're out already??!  :o
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 04:45 AM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 10:09 PM »
After seeing these at TRU the other day, I decided these are an easy pass for me.

If you live in California. Apparently no one else in the country deserves to share in the joy. They'll keep us dangling by the short hairs a while longer...frigging West Coast bias.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 10:31 PM »

If you live in California. Apparently no one else in the country deserves to share in the joy. They'll keep us dangling by the short hairs a while longer...frigging West Coast bias.

He's in Colorado. The suffering continues...
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 03:55 PM »
For collectors anticipating the arrival of this set, Adam Pawlus revealed on his Twitter page that these do not include all of the accessories that the carded releases had. Namely lightsaber hilts, blasters, the alternate heads for Vader and Fett and Fett's flamethrower effect. Buyer beware.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 03:58 PM »
That's good to know. I'll try to track down the 2007 single carded and exclusive releases. I decided to sell mine last year, but I'm definitely kicking myself for that.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 04:22 PM »
That's pretty lame - especially on Fett.  He's one of the few TAC figs I opened and I loved the alternate heads and the flimsy flame.

Gotta feel bad for those few completists that are still left out there....at least I do for some reason. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Just out of curiosity - is this based on someone just looking in the package or someone actually opening a set?

Is there a chance that the remaining accessories were put in a baggie off to the side where they can't be seen instead of them taking the time to have the accessories fit into slots in the tray with all of the figures?

I really don't care either way, but I know that there are folks who were looking forward to these as a way of scoring these hard to get figures from 2007 - kinda stinks that they put them altogether but then leave out some of the accessories.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 04:53 PM »
Just out of curiosity - is this based on someone just looking in the package or someone actually opening a set?

Is there a chance that the remaining accessories were put in a baggie off to the side where they can't be seen instead of them taking the time to have the accessories fit into slots in the tray with all of the figures?

Nope, he opened the sets and there were no extra accessories.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 04:54 PM »

If by "someone" you mean me, yes, that's why I posted it. I opened a set and looked inside. No paperwork, no accessory pouches, nada.  WYSIWYG.  Some accessories are clearly visible in the package, and that's what you get.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 05:01 PM »
I'll be honest, these figures sell relatively cheaply now I'm finding...  I just bought some at a small local toy show in the mall that comes around every couple of months, and got them for $4 and $3 each loose...  If that's not an issue (packaging) it's much better than the boxed set deal IMO.

The screwjob (which thanks to Adam for posting it) on the extra heads and weapons is really quite lame.  The Fett was one of the only reasons to buy him twice or thrice in some cases, same with Vader which didn't even appeal to me that much but displaying him with 2 heads prompted me to buy 2 of them.

I wasn't going to buy this boxed set because I have a complete carded set to display, and I like all the artwork on the packages and stuff, but really the lack of the extra parts would make me pass on the boxed set anyway I think.  Disappointing to say the least.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 05:01 PM »
If by "someone" you mean me, yes, that's why I posted it. I opened a set and looked inside. No paperwork, no accessory pouches, nada.  WYSIWYG.  Some accessories are clearly visible in the package, and that's what you get.

No offense meant Adam - thanks for the clarification...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 11:11 PM »

Nope, he opened the sets and there were no extra accessories.

Wow, that stinks.  I'm not getting the sets anyway, but I feel bad for those that were going to get these in place of the carded editions.  Does make me feel better about the higher prices I paid for these individually though. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today