Author Topic: Imperial AT-AT  (Read 150904 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial AT-AT
« Reply #150 on: February 5, 2010, 06:24 AM »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: AT-AT
« Reply #151 on: February 5, 2010, 08:33 AM »

Just wait until they do a Kubrick build-a-walker.  ;D

That would be great....

I'm glad they stuck to the 99.99 price point.  It appears it will be 6" taller than the latest release, which is a big jump, but with 6 figures going in the head, the proportions must still be off pretty far from the model. I'm hoping it looks good, and looking forward to toyfair much more now.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 08:38 AM by Dan »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #152 on: February 5, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Well after seeing that photo, that looks pretty good. Loads of features for max playability for the kiddos (note the flip out cannons on the leading edge of the body) and it'll look great all buttoned up. Sold.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 09:45 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #153 on: February 5, 2010, 09:40 AM »
I'm glad this photo leaked. There have been so may doubters on this bad boy (I'm not signaling out this site only).
This looks freaking awesome! Count me in for two without a doubt out of the gate, then another two at sale time!
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 11:54 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 5, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Hmmmm. Not too shabby. I'll reserve final judgement after seeing the head.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 5, 2010, 12:10 PM »

That's my opinion ATM.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 5, 2010, 12:21 PM »
I'm glad this photo leaked. There have been so may doubters on this bad boy (I'm not signaling out this site only).
This looks freaking awesome! Count me in for two without a doubt out of the gate, then another two at sale time!

That's my plan too - get two at full price, then if they hit a sale/clearance, grab a couple more.  I'm thinking though that this one is going to be plenty more popular than the Turbo Tank, and probably the AT-TE as well.  It's a hell of a lot more iconic than either of those two so we might not see too many of these hit clearance.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 5, 2010, 12:38 PM »
the massive articulated legs on this thing are already impressing me more than the entire Turbo Tank did.

lets just hope the don't buckle and fall off like the original AT-TE...   ;D

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #158 on: February 5, 2010, 12:52 PM »
That's my plan too - get two at full price, then if they hit a sale/clearance, grab a couple more.  I'm thinking though that this one is going to be plenty more popular than the Turbo Tank, and probably the AT-TE as well.  It's a hell of a lot more iconic than either of those two so we might not see too many of these hit clearance.

I would actually prefer that happens. Because if this kicks that much butt Hasbro and retailers would be enticed for another big boy, maybe a Sailbarge (Yes, I know it's not cloneish, I am just being hopeful not looking to start a back and forth thread on why it cant be).
And on top of that it would be a big shot in the lines arm.

I cannot wait to see this up close!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 5, 2010, 01:06 PM »
I'm sold on one for sure after the description on the front page.  6 figs in the cockpit?  Wow.  Will definitely get a second or third at a good price, though the $100 price point seems very fair to me.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 5, 2010, 02:12 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures, but I'm pretty certain I'm in for at least one as well.  I never expected it to be anywhere near "scale", but it does seem a bit larger and looks like a fun "toy" if nothing else.  Scale issues aside, I think Hasbro has really done a pretty nice job with these larger vehicles.  I like seeing the return of lights and sounds, and all the "features" have been able to be pretty well hidden so far.  I still haven't gotten the Turbo Tank (maybe eventually), but I've been pretty impressed with both the Falcon and AT-TE.  I never used to buy multiples of ships, but after this year's AT-ST, a couple of X-Wings, and this year's upcoming Snowspeeder/Cloud Car, I might start doing that a bit more (budget allowing).  It would be cool to have a couple of these.  Can't wait for Toy Fair.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 5, 2010, 02:39 PM »

That's my opinion ATM.

If the head is small, maybe i'll get one.

If the head to body ratio is anything like the previous releases, I'll pass.

In the above picture, the legs and feet look pretty good in relation to a 3.75" figure, but the body does look pretty small.  I think the head's gonna be big.

Kinda funny how that guy's arm blocked the head, the thing that most of us were waiting with baited breath to see.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2010, 02:47 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 5, 2010, 03:16 PM »
That neck looks pretty tiny... I wonder if there could be any potential problems with the head/neck falling off of the body? I know I still have nightmares about the LEGO AT-AT's neck detaching from the body if you looked at it wrong. Two totally different types of toys, yeah, but the possibility of breakage/drooping remains...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #163 on: February 5, 2010, 05:01 PM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #164 on: February 5, 2010, 05:43 PM »
This things is getting better with every pic. I just want to see it with the head close now. It also appears the Speederbike is new, some proportions look different. I could be wrong.