Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line  (Read 57641 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection
« Reply #60 on: February 3, 2010, 11:40 AM »
So over at Yakface their new Q&A got confirmation of a new CC pilot coming this year. This is another head scratcher as the 2004 sculpt is great and did not need a resculpt at all. Rereleasing him makes sense but redoing him, this is a wasted slot of the few we are getting this year in my opinion. Between the AT-AT Driver, CC Pilot, somewhat the entire first wave (I am glad they went for 3 of the 4). I hope this trend does not continue.

I am 100% in for resculpts but only for those that desperately need it(Ackbar, Yakface, **** even Lobot needs it more). The CC pilot is going to sit in a vehicle does he nee to be SA. The 2004 was has pretty good articulation already.

Thoughts?

Agree completely.

Only thing I can think of is if Hasbro makes this with a removable Helmet. Not needed as we never saw them like that in the movie, but it would get me to buy at least a couple of them.

I too am discouraged by the number of unneeded resculpts when either completely new or much needed resculpts could and should have been done first, imo.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #61 on: February 3, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Only thing I can think of is if Hasbro makes this with a removable Helmet. Not needed as we never saw them like that in the movie, but it would get me to buy at least a couple of them.

I too am discouraged by the number of unneeded resculpts when either completely new or much needed resculpts could and should have been done first, imo.

Like the OTC version had?

I for one am all for a new version. The pre-posed arms of the OTC version need addressing for sure and the knee joint articulation of old is not nearly as esthetically pleasing as today's figures. Bring on a new CC pilot I say.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2010, 11:47 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 3, 2010, 11:48 AM »
Plus, maybe the OTC one won't work well with the new Cloud Car?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #63 on: February 3, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Plus, maybe the OTC one won't work well with the new Cloud Car?

I highly doubt that, he is a pretty slim figure. If that is true this new one will be the size of an Ugnaught.

With so few figures being released, Hasbro's confirmation that the new Vintage line will have NO pack in to lower their costs,  interest has waned and production numbers are lower for figures, I stand by the fact this is a wasted slot.

Get to the ones that need it first. This dude is going to sit in a vehicle, ball jointed knees and arms on him is really unnecessary. I would rather see Lobot get updated as he is too tall, really crappy articulation and a so-so sculpt.

If we had the old number of new figures and 7-8 waves for the year I would not care but these slots are so few now, spend them wisely.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2010, 12:00 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #64 on: February 3, 2010, 12:00 PM »
At least they aren't $10-12 like the previous VOTC/VTSC releases were.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 3, 2010, 12:35 PM »

Like the OTC version had?

I for one am all for a new version. The pre-posed arms of the OTC version need addressing for sure and the knee joint articulation of old is not nearly as esthetically pleasing as today's figures. Bring on a new CC pilot I say.

heh, I'm getting old, I completely forgot about that...

Okay instead of the head with the under-gear on it, then a new head, maybe include a cap? I dunno. Just not excited about a new CC pilot. As you deftly showed, the previous one is most certainly good enough. For me they will just be sitting in the CCs, so added articulation isn't necessary for my needs. I'd rather see an all new, never before made character.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 3, 2010, 12:37 PM »
With a new Cloud Car coming out, a new pilot makes perfect sense to me.  The old one was great for when it came out, but Hasbro can do a lot better these days.  Plus, it seems like there's a much smaller pool of ESB characters to pull from, and this is one that could use a definite presence in the line again.  Might as well go with a new version rather than a repack... and this is MUCH more interesting to me than seeing yet another Rebel pilot.  Hasbro flooded the market with those the past two years so this is a great change of pace.

Anyways, my pilots won't just be sitting in their ship, they'll be walking around Bespin too, and a few might get chopped up for custom parts if it turns into better fodder than the last one.   :)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #67 on: February 3, 2010, 12:44 PM »
Though probably not part of this first wave, it looks like Dak is coming only to get smoked.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 3, 2010, 12:45 PM by Jayson »

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 3, 2010, 12:45 PM »
With a new Cloud Car coming out, a new pilot makes perfect sense to me. 

Agreed.

Since the Cloud Car is coming out I think it should be obvious that Hasbro would release a figure to drive it.  I know that hasn't been the way they've operated in the past, but to release a ship and not either pack in a driver or separately release a driver (which is probably more profitable for Hasbro), is bound to reduce sales of that vehicle.
I am not the Stig

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: February 3, 2010, 12:48 PM »
I'm with JACKOFALLTRADZE...this pattern of picking suspect resculpts is getting a little lame...especially with glaring vintage figures that either haven't been made or need POTF2 resculpts...

Walrus Man
Power Droid
Hoth Rebel Soldier
Luke Hoth
Bespin Han
Black Bespin Guard
Imperial Dignitary
Nien Nunb
Admiral Ackbar
Barada
Nikto

As long as stuff gets made, I'm cool but the cutting back and not so necessary resculpts are getting old

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: February 3, 2010, 12:56 PM »
Though probably not part of this first wave, it looks like Dak is coming only to get smoked.  ;)

Yeah, I guess the big question is - are the new CC Pilot and Dak coming in 2010 Wave 1, a 2011 ESB wave, or some other way (BP, 2-pack, exclusive, etc)?

ps I spun this out of the Wave 1 thread since we don;'t know for sure when they are coming and it all seems more related to the "Vintage" line overall...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Basic Figure Line
« Reply #71 on: February 3, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Thanks to the Q&A at JTA we have official word - NO pack-ins with the "Vintage" line.

Guess the stands/card/dice will be for CW and Legends figures only.  It was brought up once or twice in the thread that the smaller Kenner-esque bubble would most likely kill pack-ins and larger accessories and it looks as though that is definitely the case.

Let the "these cost way too much with or without a cool pack-in" griping commence!   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #72 on: February 3, 2010, 01:57 PM »
HASBLO RAPES MY WALLET1!!!111!!!  :P

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 3, 2010, 02:56 PM »
These cost way too much with or without a cool pack-in! lol

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #74 on: February 3, 2010, 03:08 PM »
Since the Cloud Car is coming out I think it should be obvious that Hasbro would release a figure to drive it.  I know that hasn't been the way they've operated in the past, but to release a ship and not either pack in a driver or separately release a driver (which is probably more profitable for Hasbro), is bound to reduce sales of that vehicle.

Do not get me wrong, I agree he should be out at retail witht he ship but I would rather see a recarded 2004 one. And I would rather see a more needed resculpt in the new ones place. The 2004 figure is a solid figure with a great sculpt, and not horrible articulation to boot like Lobot, Bespin Leia, Dagobah Luke, Luke Hoth, Dagaobah Spirit Vader, Piett, Admiral Ozzel & the Vintage Deck Officer. A Never before done character in the modern line: Toyn Farr, Sheckil, Foo man Choo Bespin Guard, Wiorkettle, SA Imperial Office in Black, Wyron Serper would have been better choices.

Hell why not do a Light up Carbonite Block as a basic figure. it can have side green lights and a red like to look like the defrosting one from 2006.

I am not sad about the clam shells going away. I now can hang the previous series on my collection room walls without the clamshells to make room for the new lin that I will buy extras of to keep carded. That's the only thing I hate about this new line being the mainline. The only figures I ever bought doubles of to keep packaged were the Vintage ones. I may just stick to the originals.

Very exciting shiznit! (Outside of the New CC Pilot) ;)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/