Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210193 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #750 on: January 24, 2008, 03:39 PM »
I like em all except for the Baroness and CC so I'll probably skip those two, but I'd like to have that brain in a jar thing CC comes with.  Crang?  :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #751 on: January 24, 2008, 03:56 PM »
I like em all except for the Baroness and CC so I'll probably skip those two, but I'd like to have that brain in a jar thing CC comes with.  Crang?  :D

Those are crystals from one of the mini-series I believe

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #752 on: January 24, 2008, 04:09 PM »

Those are crystals from one of the mini-series I believe

:-[ 

Crystals it is then.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #753 on: January 24, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Wow, I've been thoroughly unimpressed with what's been revealed lately.  Major Bludd looks good, but that's about all I've been interested in from the last few pics I've seen. 

John

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #754 on: January 27, 2008, 03:00 PM »
TRU exclusive sets

We've seen the five packs, but the Senior Ranking Officers 3-packs are new. Hey, we're getting a Grunt figure!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #755 on: January 27, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Nice but way too many repacks.  I don't need another Duke or Hawk to get Grunt.  If that set had been released earlier, though, I would have bought it instead of the Scarlett/Hawk comic pack.
   E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #756 on: January 27, 2008, 07:53 PM »
I want to like the Crimson set, but that goofy CG officer is terrible. It'd have been better to be just two regular CGs, but I've heard rumor of an army builder five pack of those. I just hope it doesn't end up being a Crimson Shadow Guard set that just has black Siegies, who aren't crimson at all.

They missed a great opportunity to do a v2 Hawk in this Officer set, but I suppose they're saving that one for later.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #757 on: January 27, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Picked up the following today at Walmart -

- Gung Ho (already had the same 5-pk one, but it was very wobbly - this one stands!)

- Snake Eyes (already had the same 5-pk one, but this one is darker paint scheme, couldn't pass it up)

- Crimson Guard (second one of these that I've found)

- Snow Job (very cool, love the accessories and removable goggles)

- Flash (pretty neat, but I can't get his hose to plug into the backpack)

- Destro Iron Grendadier (without a doubt the BEST figure I've seen in this line... if the whole line was constructed this well, I'd really be even more interested in it)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #758 on: January 28, 2008, 09:05 AM »
Flash (pretty neat, but I can't get his hose to plug into the backpack)

I've had the same problem with the Flash figure I picked up (the hose to backpack issue).

I noticed a new rumor list on the HissTank forums.  It seems like quite a few of the rumors have been true so far, but we'll see.  Here's what's listed:

Wave 9:
Zap
Covergirl
Snake Eyes v4
Alley Viper
Dr. Mindbender
Scrap Iron

Wave 10:
Mainframe
Hardball
Rock n Roll v2
Iron Grenadier
Serpentor v1
Zarana

2 Packs:
Dusty/Mangler SM
Scarface/Dr. Venom
Kwinn/Snake Eyes
Torpedo/Eels

Some good stuff in there, if true.  I'm kind of excited about a 25th Dusty.  That was one of my favorite figures as a kid, along with Snake Eyes (of course), Barbeque, and Airtight.

EDIT: I'm now reading that this list might not be accurate, and possibly conflicting with some previously found WM SKUs and other rumors.  Grain of salt and all that....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:25 AM by Brian »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #759 on: January 28, 2008, 10:45 AM »
Out of all of those, I'm most interested in the Iron Grenadier... I hope that comes to fruition.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #760 on: January 28, 2008, 11:28 AM »
Picked up the following today at Walmart -

- Gung Ho (already had the same 5-pk one, but it was very wobbly - this one stands!)

- Snake Eyes (already had the same 5-pk one, but this one is darker paint scheme, couldn't pass it up)

Ya, both my Gung-Ho and SE from the 5pack couldn't stand - even with their stands so that really bugged me so these were must buys especially since SE is supposed to be all black anyways.

- Destro Iron Grendadier (without a doubt the BEST figure I've seen in this line... if the whole line was constructed this well, I'd really be even more interested in it)

I couldn't agree with you more.  This is truly a fantastic figure.  It's too bad we couldn't get his Despolier, but I suppose it's a bit too late for that.

I noticed a new rumor list on the HissTank forums.

Out of all of those I'm most excited about Dr. Mindbender and the Alley Viper.  I've always had a soft spot for anything Cobra Viper related and the Alley Viper was the last one I owned as a kid before I bailed from the line.  I remember seeing him as a "custom" at Comicon so hopefully we'll get that Airtight as well.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #761 on: January 28, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Yeah, the Alley Viper was one of my very last toys as a kid... so, I'd buy a new one if they made it.  Just for the sake of having it and liking it as a kid...

Also, I've thought about getting my old Despoiler from my parents house... it's in pretty good shape, one of the few toys I really took care of back in the day... but I'm not sure if the new Destro would fit in it or not?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #762 on: January 28, 2008, 03:47 PM »
I borrowed this info from AP as I'm not very savy on the Joe sites....   :-\

TRU Senior Ranking Officers..

Not sure about these sets (repaints of course) and they look to be about $20ish due to the packaging plus the fact that these are TRU exclusives.

At least there's not another Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow in the mix....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #763 on: January 28, 2008, 04:02 PM »
I'll probably pass on all three of those... not too thrilled with them... but if they are pure army builders only, then I'd be more likely to bite... like if the Joe set was three generic troopers, I'd be happy.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #764 on: January 28, 2008, 06:44 PM »
- Flash (pretty neat, but I can't get his hose to plug into the backpack)

That was the case with mine as well and it required a little finesse (read: a slight modification of the "plug" end of the gun with an Exacto knife to shave off a tad bit of the plastic) to get it to work.  There are also two holes in his backpack (the one on the "tube" side of the backpack is for the plug to go into; the one on the other side of his backpack is for the gun itself to be stored on, vis a vis the peg on the side of the rifle), so make sure you get it in the right hole (I'm sure that will be in the "Take Your Fellow Posters Out of Context" thread before the night is over).  ;D

Even with the miniscule Exacto-ing, I still had to use some tweezers to hold the plug steady enough to insert it into the backpack.  I realize Hasbro wanted to remain true to the 1982 version of Flash, but I think I'd have rather had the old rubber hose they used on the figures post-1984 than the old plastic style.