Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210367 times)

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #675 on: January 10, 2008, 10:42 AM »
Wow- Wild Bill looks stupendous!  I'm also thrilled to get the upcoming Torpedo and Rock 'n Roll; although I intend to get almost all of the first 4 years of characters (to coincide with my vintage days), it's the first and second year characters that get me the most excited.  Even though Year 1 seems dull with all of the green fatigues, that's when I fell in love with the line and comic.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #676 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05 PM »
Thanks for the pick E!

Just reminds me that there's another vehicle we won't be getting.  Wasn't it the Dragonfly that he piloted?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 12:05 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #677 on: January 10, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Yep.  I'll tell you what, I probably won't buy any of the vehicles for this line but if they put out a Dragonfly I'd buy it in a second!  Hopefully updated somewhat.

Didn't either 21st or bbi put out a Cobra chopper a couple years ago?  Anyone have one (Jesse?)? 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #678 on: January 10, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Comic packs wave 4

Definitely down for the Copperhead, the Red Star is a maybe and the Firefly / SS is a pass.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #679 on: January 10, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Thanks for the link Mikey.  Like you, I'd definitely like to get the Copperhead/Shipwreck set.  I have to admit though, at first when I saw the orange life vest I thought we might be getting a Cutter figure.  I have fond memories of that figure just because the WHALE was the only big Joe vehicle I had as a kid.  This line continues to impress though, and seems to be pulling me back in :).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #680 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44 PM »
These three sets actually all look good to me so I'll be picking them all up.  I actually like this version of SS and I'm diggin his weapons and his backpack.

Where'd this Red Star dude come from?  I'm sure he was in a comic, but not part of the regular line?

I have to admit though, at first when I saw the orange life vest I thought we might be getting a Cutter figure.

That's exactly what I thought when I brought the page up so I'm sure we'll be seeing him pretty soon.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #681 on: January 10, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Where'd this Red Star dude come from?  I'm sure he was in a comic, but not part of the regular line?

He's part of the Oktober Guard.  He did have a figure in the vintage line but he came out during the latter years where everyone was neon colored and shot big ass guns.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #682 on: January 10, 2008, 04:55 PM »
That Firefly and SS set is really pretty cool.  Duke and Red Star is also a nice throwback set to the vintage comic.  The other set with Copperhead and Shipwreck I can pass on. 

Copperhead was one of my favorites as a kid but that's only because the Water Moccasin was the only boat I had.  Had a lot of fun with it in the water when I was a kid.  Copperhead driving with Scrap Iron on the gun taking Firefly and Stormshadow on some secret mission behind Joe lines.

Ah, sometimes I wish it was still 1984/85. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #683 on: January 10, 2008, 06:36 PM »
Wonder if all Firefly's stuff comes out of his case?  Looks like it might...  That might be a set I have to buy.

Saw the set with Breaker last night and almost bought it just for the gum accessory.  That's too cool.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #684 on: January 10, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Copperhead is great. I always liked that figure, and this new one is looking neat. I like that newish Firefly too. The one from wave 3 looks awfully lanky, and that comic pack one doesn't look that way.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #685 on: January 12, 2008, 03:05 AM »
I've heard a rumor that WMs that aren't currently carrying the line will start doing so on January 24th 2008, so I bet it's WM that's stocking all this new stuff. I've been to Target every day this week only to find the same two Cobra Commander figures sitting there.

This finally came to pass today, a little bit early. Both of my local WMs have three pegs each for the singles and just as many for the comic packs, and they had the first wave there already. No singles yet, but I wasn't at all surprised by that.

I scored some wave 5 today too. I got the Siegie, Snow Job, and Snake Eyes.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #686 on: January 12, 2008, 09:31 AM »
I was wondering when they were going to get to Rock-n-Roll, that's the only figure I really want to pick up. It was the my first and favorite Joe.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 09:32 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #687 on: January 12, 2008, 01:11 PM »
Scored all of w5 this morning at Target as well as 2 extra Crimson Guards.  Awesome looking figures, but I'm a bit dissapointed on some bad paint apps on Flash's suspenders and Snowjob's face. 

IG Destro is a jem though.  BEAUTIFUL!  ;D

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #688 on: January 12, 2008, 01:18 PM »
I finished off Wave 5 yesterday at Target, myself.  They had a full case on the pegs (minus one of the two CGs), so I grabbed the Snake Eyes and CG I needed and left the rest.  Tellingly, all the rest were gone this morning, leaving only Shipwreck and 2 Buzzers in their place.  They also restocked the comic packs, but it was only wave 1 with the day-glo nightmares, so still no Ripper/Torch and Breaker/Destro for me.

Wal-Mart here is really dragging on putting stuff on the pegs.  Not only did they do their reset this week, they have yet to actually put anything on the pegs for the Joes in either section.  They did, however, do the unthinkable and move all 50 of the SW Jerjerrods and Endor Threepios from 2 years ago over to fill the SW pegs yet again, so it's good to see that WM still hangs on to the hope that full pegs are full pegs, no matter what's on them.  As I told a friend, the lack of product on the Joe pegs means that when they still haven't stocked in a week or so, they'll just fill them with even more Ben 10 or Power Ranger overstock.  >:(

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #689 on: January 12, 2008, 05:29 PM »
I found the new figures at Target today also.  Multiples of Flash, Destro, Snow Job and Crimson Guard.  I bought Flash, Snow Job and one CG.  I was tempted to get multiples of the CG but I can't army build this line.  I'm thinking now I should run back over to see if they still have a Destro figure, though.  Maybe after dinner (I'm so weak!  ;D )

WM finally has pegs for the singles and 2-packs but nothing stocked today.  I'm just happy to see them carry the figures as my local store has had sketchy stocking policies in the past.

E...