Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210297 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 2, 2008, 09:16 AM »
I noticed at a couple of different Targets this weekend that the 5 packs (the Joe and 2nd Cobra pack) have hit clearance.  I think the price right now is $17-ish, but there were quite a few last time I checked - could be some good deals on those eventually (well, really a pretty good deal already, 5 figs for $17).

The Super Target across town had reset, and did have Wave 1 of the comic packs on the pegs.  No basic figs though, and the 5 packs were in the clearance aisle.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #661 on: January 2, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Why is it that Hasbro throws us a bunch of trash in the first wave of comic packs?

So that way when the pegs are so crammed full of the earlier, crappier sets, and the newer, cooler sets that everyone wants never seem to make their way to the pegs, Hasbro can claim that "fan interest in the line just wasn't there" and tout the evidence of low sales of the crappy packs as support for this claim, thus allowing them to cancel the line prematurely and devote the resources to more important items, like Mighty Muggs or Attacktix. :)

And speaking of those earlier, crappier sets, Target still had all the non-Hawk/Scarlett sets from Monday on the pegs this morning.  I really hope that Waves 2 and 3 ship quickly and in higher numbers than the first wave so we can hopefully avoid the scenario I mentioned above. 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #662 on: January 2, 2008, 12:59 PM »
I picked up a Hawk/Scarlet and Dreadnoks CP.  The Dreadnoks are cool.  Scarlet's lame, but I dig Hawk.

I thought that the Dreadnocks were in w2   ??? 

I'm not following the waves, so I don't really know.  But I got 'em.  In addition to the packs mentioned (Duke vs. CC; SE v. SS, etc.), I also saw the Destro vs. Breaker (?) pack, but I passed.  So I'm guessing that's wave 2, too, right?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #663 on: January 2, 2008, 10:20 PM »
I'm not following the waves, so I don't really know.  But I got 'em.  In addition to the packs mentioned (Duke vs. CC; SE v. SS, etc.), I also saw the Destro vs. Breaker (?) pack, but I passed.  So I'm guessing that's wave 2, too, right?

Yep.  Here's a quick rundown:

Wave 1:
-Day Glo Cobra Commander vs. Day Glo Duke
-Day Glo Snake Eyes vs. Day Glo Storm Shadow
-Day Glo Scarlett and Thank Jebus He's Normal Hawk

Wave 2:
-Day Glo Destro and Thank Jebus He's Normal Breaker
-Dreadnoks Ripper and Torch

Wave 3:
-Ace and Wild Weasel
-Tomax and Xamot
-Crimson Guard and Scarface
-Snake Eyes (Battle Damage) vs. Storm Shadow (Sonic Bow)

I'm sure Hasbro will do me proud and reship the Day-Glo figures in every assortment for the rest of the year while shortpacking the CG/Scarface pack.  :P

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #664 on: January 3, 2008, 10:25 AM »
I saw the three Wave 1 Comic Packs at Target this morning ... and I passed on all three of them.  I wouldn't mind getting Hawk, but I don't want that ****** Scarlett, so I guess I'll be leaving Hawk behind.  The same thing will eventually happen with Breaker as well.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #665 on: January 4, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Don't pass on Breaker!  He is pretty cool.  I'm not a big fan of the head sculpt (Breaker will always be Bearded for me, I had the figure first)

And the Bubble Gum that is a neat trick.

Hawk is ok, but he did not get the fixed Crotch...

The Dreadnoks are great, I really like them, I was afraid I was not going to like Ripper's headsculpt but it looks better in person.  Torch is really nice.  I can imagine we will get a dreadnok every few waves or once a year, Monkey Wrench would be easy to do from here.

Did anybody notice in the collector club magazine that in their write up of the Oktober Guard they all but Verified that the Red Star figure was coming out?  Adds credence to that WalMart list...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #666 on: January 4, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Okay, I need some friendly advice here...

I have never really collected Joes, but I loved the cartoon as a kid (on after Transformers which was my real compulsion at the time.) A local Target has moved the big boxed 5 packs to the clearance aisle at half price.

There are a gazillion Cobra legion sets, I will probably pick one of those up at a lower price. Only about eight Joe sets...do I bite for 13 bucks out the door? I fear the price is good enough to move them all out before another reduction. I love the look of the figures, and they will fit in in the Star Wars collection well enough for me...and I will be buying the Cobra set, do I need Joes to oppose them? Are you guys happy with them? Are they a good enough buy?

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #667 on: January 4, 2008, 10:19 PM »
Well the figures in the 2 5 packs are mostly available on single packs now, so if you are an opener...get the 5 pack it makes them $3 a figure.  If you are going leave them on the card..get the single packs, they display better.

Just my .02

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #668 on: January 5, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Made the rounds this morning in hopes of finding w5 - still looking for w4 Roadblock to see if he's not as limber as the one from my 5pack, but no luck.  I did manage to score w2 of the comic packs though, so that was nice.  I've seen plenty of Stalkers with corrected crotches though...I wonder why Hasbro only decided to fix him and non of the others?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #669 on: January 9, 2008, 03:54 AM »
Wave 6 carded and new loose images.

:o

It's too bad Wild Bill and Major Bludd got pushed back to wave 7. But on the other hand, it'll only cost me $15-18 to complete this wave, which is happiness.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #670 on: January 9, 2008, 10:54 AM »
Are there pics of Major Bludd & Wild Bill anywhere?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #671 on: January 9, 2008, 11:32 AM »
I just saw a photo of Wild Bill somewhere but not Bludd.  It might have been in the new GI Joe Club newsletter but I'm not positive.

Wild bill looked good, though.  I'll probably pick him up.  There aren't enough action figures with cowboy hats and six-guns.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #672 on: January 9, 2008, 04:28 PM »
There aren't enough action figures with cowboy hats and six-guns.

E...

Amen!!

I saw the pics in the GI Collectors Club magazine.  Looks really good.  Have not seen any pics of the Bludd.

Toy Fair should show us at least Protoypes of the next few Comic Packs maybe the next wave of Singles too.  But I imagine like the other brands we'll see what is on tap for the first 1/2 of the year and get the 2nd half at Comic Con.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #673 on: January 9, 2008, 07:58 PM »
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #674 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23 AM »
Thanks for the pic efranks, looks pretty good.  WIZARD has pics up of Wave 3 of the comic packs (which I believe we've seen), which include Tomax/Xamot, Crimson Guard/Cobra Officer, Battle Damaged Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow, and Ace/Wild Weasel.  Like I said, I think we've seen them before, but I just thought I'd pass it along in case anyone missed it.