Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210354 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #645 on: December 27, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Well, most stores I've been to that carry the GI Joe 25th line have left over Cobra II 5-packs.  My Target even has them at 30% off today for $17.49.  Still 4 or 5 sets on the shelf.  If they hit 50% I'll buy a pack but otherwise I'll wait for the single carded Jump Trooper.

I found a new Stalker over the weekend with the new crotch piece.  What a difference that makes. 

Also found some of the new Comic 2-packs yesterday at TRU.  They only had the Hawk/Scarlett and Duke/Cobra Commander sets.  Bought the Hawk/Scarlett pack. 

Found a Stalker and red Ninja at Target yesterday and bought the Ninja.  Hopefully after Target resets their aisle they'll get a good selection of the 25th figures.  Still looking for the new wave with Snow Job and Flash but I think I have all the figures from the first three waves that I want.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #646 on: December 27, 2007, 05:25 PM »
I've been waiting for clearance on the sets too, and I'll strike at 50%.  My Target has lots of regular Joe sets and silver Cobras still.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #647 on: December 27, 2007, 06:13 PM »
I already bought on of the Legions sets for $18. I doubt I'll make it there in time for 50% off, so I went ahead and bought one.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #648 on: December 27, 2007, 06:52 PM »
Pics of Wild Bill hit the net for a short while over the last few days and were then pulled (Collector's club owns the rights) anyway..I did not get to see it, but from the description it sounds pretty good.

It is in the Joe Club newsletter...which seems odd that I don't have mine, I live 20 miles from the headquarters where they mail them from.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #649 on: December 28, 2007, 12:11 AM »
Wasn't there some sort of chick that was part of Cobra-La?  The one that broke into the Terror Drome?  That would make for a cool figure I think.

That was Pythona. I agree that it would make for a great first-time figure.  :)

Ah yes, that's her... I'd love to see that made!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #650 on: December 30, 2007, 10:38 AM »
I loved Cobra-La.  Gimee a new Golobulous....Nemesis Enforcer was a badass IMO.

Anybody still finding w5?  I've been searching for weeks now and I've just been finding seas of hooded Cobra Commanders.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #651 on: December 30, 2007, 11:13 AM »
Anybody still finding w5?  I've been searching for weeks now and I've just been finding seas of hooded Cobra Commanders.

I've not seen hide nor hair of w5 since I found Destro, Flash, and Snow Job in early December.  The stores that are getting 25th Anniversary Joes (mostly Wal-Mart, as Target dropped the peg space for them entirely prior to Christmas and haven't done their reset yet to put them back) seem to be getting the Wave 3 revision case (with Flint and the Cobra Trooper) in bulk.  I'm hoping that they continue to ship the Crimson Guard throughout the year so I might actually be able to get one of them. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #652 on: December 30, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I just finished wave 3 tonight, thanks to a bunch of returns at Target and TRU. I still need a MOC Zartan, but I'm ready for wave 5 now.  :) Hopefully, that's what my local WMs start with when they start carrying Joes. I'm afraid they're going to start with those wave 3 revision cases that I've been seeing a lot of lately.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #653 on: December 30, 2007, 08:41 PM »
I'm hoping that they continue to ship the Crimson Guard throughout the year so I might actually be able to get one of them. :)

I've got about 10 Cobra Troopers + a few Officers and I plan on doing the same with the Crimson Guard if I ever see him.  I never went hog wild on troopers like this with Star Wars, but those guys stay packaged so it's kind of nice to finally start army building.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #654 on: December 31, 2007, 11:54 AM »
The local Target was in the midst of their reset this morning and had put out about three cases of that Wave 3 revision case on the pegs, along with a case of the comic packs.  The only thing I grabbed was the Hawk/Scarlett pack (if anyone wants Scarlett, let me know), but it looked like they were there in equal numbers.  It sure brought back some memories to read the reprint of issue 1 of the Marvel comic after so many years, and what really amazed/disturbed me was the degree to which I remembered some of the dialogue. :)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #655 on: December 31, 2007, 03:30 PM »
My Target finally reset, and had tons of Wave 3 and comic packs. Passed on the CPs but picked up a Cobra Red Ninja.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #656 on: December 31, 2007, 07:37 PM »
I picked up a Hawk/Scarlet and Dreadnoks CP.  The Dreadnoks are cool.  Scarlet's lame, but I dig Hawk.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #657 on: December 31, 2007, 09:06 PM »
I haven't seen any comic packs yet- and I decided not to get the Cobra legions pack.  But if anyone has an extra grey-suited Cobra driver, let me know!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #658 on: January 1, 2008, 05:32 PM »
I picked up a Hawk/Scarlet and Dreadnoks CP.  The Dreadnoks are cool.  Scarlet's lame, but I dig Hawk.

I thought that the Dreadnocks were in w2   ??? 

I picked up the three packs I found, but will most likely return the two crappy ones...

Snake Eyes - blah
Storm Shadow - blah
Duke - blah
CC - blah
Scarlett - blah
Hawk - WOW

Why is it that Hasbro throws us a bunch of trash in the first wave of comic packs?

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #659 on: January 1, 2008, 07:52 PM »
I thought that the Dreadnocks were in w2   ??? 

They are.  Some areas are getting Wave 2 already.