Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 211711 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #630 on: December 19, 2007, 08:23 PM »
I got Flash, Snow Job, and the Crimson Guard today.  No Destro yet.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #631 on: December 19, 2007, 10:36 PM »
Wave 5 came and went at smalljoes.com. They still have Siegies for $14.99 a piece, though.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #632 on: December 20, 2007, 01:10 AM »
The Buzzer and Beachhead figures that I ordered from HTS.com came in last night.  Beachhead is awesome.  My favorite figure from the line so far.

Firefly is right up there except I don't like his rifle and the bandolier is kind of odd.  But, since he shares a sculpt with Beachhead it's a close call.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #633 on: December 20, 2007, 01:31 AM »
I second the sentiment of Beachhead's awesomeness. It's my favorite figure too, helped by the fact that he was also my favorite from the ARAH line.

The mold doesn't work so well for Firefly, though. The arms look a little skinny, kind of giving him a lanky look.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #634 on: December 20, 2007, 08:29 AM »
I know I third that one !

I mean,,, I almost picked up extra just to have it !

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #635 on: December 20, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I agree, Beachhead is a great figure.  I was happy to find one/pick one up, as it was one of those Joes I really always wanted as a kid, and never had.  I was out and about yesterday and checked around for some Joes, but Target, TRU, and WM were all sold out of singles.  I did count 30 5 packs in stock at Target though, split about 50/50 between the 2nd Cobra one and the Joe pack.  I wonder if these will sell?  It seems like the 5 packs sit a lot more than the singles, and while I can see the price thing - I sure thought that they were cool when I first got them.  I guess the nostalgia of the music and all that might be a big part of it.  The singles are still selling like hotcakes around here though, they can't keep them on the pegs - even with the increased numbers we've seen lately.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #636 on: December 20, 2007, 01:00 PM »
Yeah, the singles fly off the shelves here in STL.  It's awesome seeing this line doing as well as it has.  The 5-pks are cool, but it's the second Cobra pack doesn't sell too well in my neck of the woods.  I think the reason could be because the Cobra Commander and Storm Shadow in it are not very appealing color schemes.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #637 on: December 20, 2007, 04:00 PM »
That second Cobra pack isn't selling well here in NY either but it's kind of lackluster except for that jump Trooper.  And since he's getting a single card release there's not really any incentive to buy the 5-pack.

However, I thought that it would start to disappear this week just due to Christmas shopping but it hasn't, at least not yet.  If they're still on the shelf next Wednesday then I guess we'll know that it's really a dog.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #638 on: December 20, 2007, 07:31 PM »
Yeah, the singles fly off the shelves here in STL.  It's awesome seeing this line doing as well as it has. 

The price helps too, especially at Walmart.  $4.88, I never feel all that guilty.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #639 on: December 25, 2007, 07:18 PM »
http://www.hisstank.com/

One of the lead stories from the guys over at HissTank is a list of possible/rumored comic packs..and they got the news from a forum at joesightings.com

If half of them are true (or one figure from half are true) I'll say it is great news...

Falcon was my favorite figure once the RAH line was said and done....

GIJ COMIC 2 PK STORM SHADOW VS FIREFLY
GIJ COMIC 2 PK SHIPWRECK VS COPPERHEAD
GIJ COMIC 2 PK COBRA COMMANDO VS TRIPWIR
GIJ COMIC 2 PK DESTRO VS GRENADIER
GIJ COMIC 2 PK FALCON AND NEMESIS
GIJ COMIC 2 PK DUKE AND RED STAR 

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #640 on: December 26, 2007, 11:47 AM »
Nemesis?  As in, Nemesis Enforcer?

Wow.

Cobra-La is dumb.  Why would they go to that well?

(Of course, they've already been there with Serpentor, which kind of proves my point....)
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #641 on: December 26, 2007, 03:42 PM »
New Cobra-La figures! Woo-hoo! My lone Cobra-La Royal Guard was getting lonely.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #642 on: December 27, 2007, 12:10 AM »
I'm liking the sound of Copperhead and Falcon, and even Nemesis Enforcer. I'd hate to see the movie and post-movie characters ignored in this line.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #643 on: December 27, 2007, 10:50 AM »
Cobra-La is kind of weird... to me that signaled the end was near for GI JOE when I was a kid... the line really went downhill after that I thought, with most of the character designs looking downright stupid.

That being said though, I didn't hate the idea of Cobra-La, and I remember them offering the figures in some sort of 3-pk when I was a kid -

I kind of like the Royal Guard for some reason -

If they do release these, I'm probably going to be looking at these for custom fodder for Star Wars more than anything else.

Wasn't there some sort of chick that was part of Cobra-La?  The one that broke into the Terror Drome?  That would make for a cool figure I think.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #644 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Wasn't there some sort of chick that was part of Cobra-La?  The one that broke into the Terror Drome?  That would make for a cool figure I think.

That was Pythona. I agree that it would make for a great first-time figure.  :)