Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103488 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Nice...thank you.

And Night Adder?  Kamakura?  Interesting....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2009, 01:34 PM »
Lava Pod Volcano... I hope that's not a cheesy repaint of the Cobra Pogo thing that came out around 1987.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2009, 02:23 PM »
I wonder if Ripcord will actually be Ripcord?  He was a great figure.

Too bad the new Joes with parachutes don't come with an exra working cloth chute to attach to the harness gear.  Some military figures came with that, and it's a cool feature.  You can display them dropping from your ceiling, and it's pretty neat.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2009, 02:28 PM »
I wonder if Ripcord will actually be Ripcord?  He was a great figure.

My guess is he's the Wayans movie version.  RAH version is coming the Joe 7 pack (although they renamed him Altitude).

I'm hoping some of these (Charbroil, Desert Viper if it looks like the original Desert Scorpion) are RAH versions, possibly in movie packaging, but I'm not holding my breath.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Lava Pod Volcano... I hope that's not a cheesy repaint of the Cobra Pogo thing that came out around 1987.

funny cause I'd actually hoped that it would come out again, make a good battledroid of some kind.  ;)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2009, 09:51 AM »
I'm sure most have already seen this, but it looks like Hasbro's figure of Cobra Commander from the "Rise of Cobra" movie has shown up online.  An....interesting look for the character.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Yessss........interesting.  Good word.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2009, 07:04 PM »
I fear this film will suck like no film has sucked before.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2009, 02:02 AM »
I fear this film will suck like no film has sucked before.

E...

I agree that this film will probably suck.  The trailer didn't help persuade me much.

I remember thinking The Phantom Menace would suck when I first saw the trailer with Jar Jar.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Finally found the Resolute comic packs thanks to a local.  Love all four - even the samuri SS and freak Destro.  Tunnel Rat is decent, but I don't dig his eyes.  Shockwave is just all kinds of awesome.  Can't wait for the w5 vehicles and the seven packs.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2009, 12:51 AM »
Finally finished off my MASS Device.  Guy on RS had the last piece I needed for sale so I bought it rather than take a chance on ever finding the BP.  If I ever do run across it for retail I may pick it up for the figs and DVD but I'm not really going to go looking for it now.

Anyway, I like the MASS Device and, with the exception of the execution, think it was a cool idea from Hasbro.  I picked up the figures with the containers filled with the three elements also.  Even though they packed in one piece with a Cobra Commander, I was glad the other two weren't packed with figures that sucked or were duplicates of duplicates from elsewhere in the sets.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #116 on: April 1, 2009, 11:02 PM »
HissTank has pictures of a bunch of new movie figures, including Firefly and Barbecue.

I'm not feeling that Cobra Commander....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #117 on: April 2, 2009, 12:21 AM »
HissTank has pictures of a bunch of new movie figures, including Firefly and Barbecue.

I'm not feeling that Cobra Commander....

That Ice Viper looks very cool.  Looks like they are repainting Firefly, Torpedo and some others and packing them as movie figures.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #118 on: April 2, 2009, 12:26 AM »

Would love to take a closer look at this, but Hiss wants me to sign up.  :-\ I don't collect them, but am interested in seeing what they've come up with.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #119 on: April 2, 2009, 09:42 AM »
I got my first few Movie figures from Hong Kong today.....

Destro is fairly impressive.  Nice new sculpt.

Breaker is ok, his vest makes his arms look skinnier than they are... he needs a helmet. (whether it is Movie accurate or not, soldiers wear helmets)

Mars Troopers.  I'll give these an official "They don't suck"... the sculpt under all the stuff is very "commando" type sweater..and not the GI Joe version of commando, where they are also Ninja, Pilot, Scuba, Genies....but more the 80's-90's sweater with the shooters shoulder patch.

In the next wave is Sgt. Stone, Ripcord, and a couple others...  I will post pics when I can.

Vlad...go to toynewsi.com they have the pics too..