Author Topic: G.I. Joe Toys Thread  (Read 103478 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2009, 12:34 PM »
Hmmmm....Exclusive?  Wonder if they'll pull the listing back down again?  I have no clue what happend to the Joe QnA's, but I'd like to know what's up with w5 and I'd like to have them before the line relaunches itself in a year or two.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Wow....This thread sure dried up.  Anyone getting anything else before the movie crap hits or has Toy Fair left a very nasty taste in your mouth?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2009, 01:08 AM »
I tried to buy the Shockwave/Destro comic pack at WM a couple weeks ago, but the $13 price and the ****** Destro made me leave it there. Other than that and the 7-packs, this line is pretty much done for me. I'm unable to bring myself to buy the vehicles I don't yet have, and now that wave 5 of those is back on, I'm torn. I already have all the single-packs I'm looking for, which is good since the local retailers are loving the **** out of that repacked wave 4 these days. I wanted a couple more Eels, but building any kind of army is just too expensive to consider it. The one I have is good enough.

I didn't even bother looking at all the Toy Fair pics. I wrote that line off a long time before I saw anything from it. It's really wretched that Hasbro is going to break up this great 25th Ann. run with that bull****.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2009, 12:03 PM »
I've lost a lot of interest in this line lately... do have some moderate interest on those 7-pks coming out though.  Maybe one Joe set and two Cobras.  Not really sure yet though... and if I see the Stinger in stores ever, I'll get it.  That might be all I really want though... most of this stuff I don't really have room for.

I wish they'd put a Tele-Viper on a single card... that's one figure that I don't have that I want.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:04 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I really needed to cut down on the Joe stuff I was buying so the change to the movie line will actually be a good place for me to stop.

If that wave 5 had made it to stores already I probably would have picked up a Stinger and maybe the FLAK set just for old times.  But I'm not going to order it online unless HTS.com sold them individually for a decent price (are they?  Haven't checked).

I actually have some carded figures that I don't really need so I may even sell off a few and keep just the loose that I have open already.  I do still want to get that last DVD set so I can complete the MASS Device, though.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2009, 02:36 PM »
I'm still collecting the 25th stuff I haven't found and the small amount still to come.  I finally found the Water Moccasin at Wal-Mart yesterday.  Still have to find the newest comic packs, new 5-Packs, fixed Vipers, Battle Damaged BATs and then the 7-packs and wave 5 vehicles later this summer.  I'm passing on the movie toys for the most part except for the 25th Motor Viper and a few other figures. 

It's good there is less coming out this year because I have to save for the August Joecon and all the great toys available at the convention.  This year it's going to be expensive with the apparent Red Shadows/Action Force theme.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #66 on: March 4, 2009, 04:26 PM »
God damn it.  It looks like Hasbro stepped on their dick again with this GI Joe line.  I walked into Target and found the Greatest Battles DVD set on the shelf, meaning that my store completely skipped the wave that must have had the wave 3 Best of the 80's pack with the final piece to the MASS Device that I need.

It's gone from HTS.com (has been for a while), gone from EE, gone from BBTS and going for over $40 on eBay.  ****, Hasbro, you stretch a series out over 5 $20 battle packs and then can't see fit to reward your customers by actually releasing the final piece in decent numbers?  And then skip to this terrible re-paint set?

I've about ******' had it with Hasbro's ****** distrubution, faulty wave lineups, multipe re-paints and seeming unwillingness to convince stores to support the 25th line. 

But I have no doubt that the craptastic movie line will be dripping off ever spare peg in stores come May/June so we can have yet another lot of Duke, Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow figures.  FYI, Hasbro, there are more than THREE ******* characters in the GI JOE universe.

E...  (who now needs the final DVD BP of the 25th line...or at least the final piece of the MASS Device should anyone have an extra)
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #67 on: March 4, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I'm seeing that Lamest Battles set everywhere too.  Worst set they've made, and an instant shelf warmer.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #68 on: March 4, 2009, 05:03 PM »
Ya and the figures don't even match the character artwork on the box.

Lame indeed.....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #69 on: March 4, 2009, 10:25 PM »
I can't believe Hasbro saw it fit to release a BP of Valor Vs. Venom **** when that line caused Joe to tank at retail the last time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #70 on: March 5, 2009, 04:25 AM »
I don't know if you've all seen these or not, but I got them tonight in my in-box... 

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #71 on: March 5, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Yuppers..

Resolute B.A.T. (from 5pack)

Comicon Black Suit Cobra Commander

Resolute Cobra Trooper (from 5pack)

Resolute Duke (from 5pack)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #72 on: March 5, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Yuppers..

Resolute B.A.T. (from 5pack)

Comicon Black Suit Cobra Commander

Resolute Cobra Trooper (from 5pack)

Resolute Duke (from 5pack)

Isn't that the Cobra Officer? The Trooper, I believe, doesn't have the silver emblem on the helmet.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #73 on: March 5, 2009, 10:05 AM »
ya ya ya....whatever   :)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #74 on: March 5, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Here is what is interesting, JJ's source usually sends pics of stuff that is "In production" or not yet released.

Does this mean we are going to get SDCC Cobra Commander Again?