Author Topic: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)  (Read 91961 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe Pursuit of Cobra (POC)
« Reply #270 on: August 6, 2011, 02:06 PM »
A similar thing happened at my local WMs, E.  We got several cases (over a period of about 3 weeks) of the wave 5 figures (Cobra Trooper, Blowtorch, Hawk, etc), and they sold out quickly (with the exception of Blowtorch).  When the WMs restocked, it was with cases of either w1 (Beachhead, Snow Job, etc) or w2 (Recondo, Jungle Viper).  Which, sadly, meant there were even more Arctic Destros than before. 

I did, however, luck out at Target earlier this week, just prior to their reset, and got the 4 figures from w6 I wanted (first time I'd seen those at all).  When I got to the register, they didn't ring up, so they sold them to me for 3.99 apiece, which thrilled me to no end.  Kind of disappointed in the Rock Viper, but the others were pretty cool.  Now, if I could just find that Money Bag Destro figure, I'd be done with the POC stuff completely.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 6, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Well, I just went on a toy run out of town and hit a TRU, Target, WM and KMart that I only get to every couple of months.

TRU, Target and WM were a bust for Joe figures but I scored some more wave 6 figures at KMart.  They had 2 each of the Iron Grenadier and Rock Viper and one each Crazy Legs, Croc Master and Viper.  I also found a Beachhead and Firefly that I'm pretty sure where there last time I stopped which was a few months ago.  Oddly enough, of the W6 figures, there were no Temple Guardian SE figs and only 1 of the Vipers was missing.

I checked the entire store and didn't find the missing figs so I'm assuming they sold.  The figures were on two different end caps hanging on bare peg hooks with no price tags or anything.  It was kind of wierd.  But, I happily snagged the IG and Viper figs.

The Target I stopped in has 9 Arctic Destro figures on the pegs along with two others.  One is a tornado kick SE and I didn't pay attention to the other.  That's actually great news for that store since they had 11 Destro figs on 6/26.  ::) They did have the Skystriker, though. 

WM had exactly one Joe figure, wave 3 Duke, and that was it.  The TRU I stopped in had at least 8 wave 3 Duke figures...a whole peg full.  It's pretty ridiculous.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2011, 11:24 PM »
Found Wave 6 today at Target. Full case when I walked in, I almost grabbed both Iron Grenadiers but settled on both Vipers instead.  They weren't in the computer but the peg price was raised to $7.99.

This is the first new stock at Target since they had some wave 3 back in January.  Hopefully these sell through and that elusive Wave 5 drops in, I'd like a few figures from that and haven't been able to talk myself into buying online.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2011, 12:08 AM »
My store stocked up with two new cases of Skystrikers today.  I think we moved one from the first case and we'd had one on the shelf since then, today the shelf was full.

Surprisingly enough, the 12" figures have been selling well.  Well, except for the para set which is about $10 more than the others IIRC.

Unfortunately I stopped in Walmart again last night to investigate the new aisle set further and found that my store is not carrying either of the vehicle lines.  So, again, no VAMP for me from that store.  And no Skystriker, which I don't care as much about since Target has them.  They were just my last hope for locally finding that midsize vehicle series.  Hopefully I'll spot them when I'm on the road somewhere, or they'll show up during one of my infrequent weekend toy runs out of town.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 12, 2011, 12:04 PM »
I see Joes are on sale for $6.99 from 09/11 - 09/24 at Target.  Haven't looked at the actual tag in some time, but had no clue they were charging $8.39.  Good time to army build those Destros kids!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13 AM »
Saw the 30th Stalker and Cobra trooper at Wal-Mart. They scanned as "see associate..." there wasn't even a spot for GI JOE items in the store, either.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #276 on: September 16, 2011, 11:22 PM »
Hate to ask again, but does anyone have an extra Low Light?  I've got the Cobra Shadow Tracker guy, would love to trade, but I'll buy too if anyone has one.  I never saw that wave except the ShadowTracker I picked up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Sorry - I've never even seen Low Light at retail and frankly collecting this line is um...not the same as it was in years past.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 17, 2011, 12:20 PM »
Jesse I found one today for you.  PM inc.   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2011, 02:02 PM »
Danke Smash! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 10, 2011, 01:04 PM »
not a huge find but i did score the gi joe mech suit @ Ross on Friday for $7.99.  no sign of any other Joe stuff tho.  I'm still holding out hope that some of the stock pulls from Target/Walmart will end up at Ross and the likes.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #281 on: October 12, 2011, 10:59 PM »
Picked up a ton of stuff for my bro the last couple days at Target...  Got Renegades Duke/Firefly tonight, Hazard Viper, an extra Cobra Trooper...

Picked up Stalker the other day too...

Great figures, each and every one.  Got a Duke and Firefly for myself too, and both are outstanding.  That'll be my only Duke I have on my desk, and I buy every Firefly because he was my favorite baddie.

Great figuers though.  Renegades Duke = awesome custom fodder figure if you're into customizing Joes.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 3, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I just got two HISS Attack Scouts at Ross. Weird looking, but I had no idea these even existed.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2012, 09:07 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 4, 2012, 02:25 AM »
They almost didn't.  They were basically cancelled along with the Cycle Armor/Ashiko set.  Then they showed in Canada and now, finally, at Ross.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 4, 2012, 11:13 AM »
Not this Ross thing again...    :-\