Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43289 times)

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #105 on: April 9, 2009, 12:57 AM »
Just got wave 7 a few nights ago, so I'm all caught up (for now).  Wave 7 really impressed me, but I do have one complaint about it.  Kid Flash is freaking tiny.  I guess they used the same body as they did with Robin.  Which is fine, unless you want to put him with Cyborg and Starfire in the hopes of building a Titans lineup.  Then he is ridiculously out of place.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #106 on: April 12, 2009, 12:10 AM »
Interesting to note that I saw wave 6 at both our TRUs, Drew.  $14.99 a piece and both variants were in stock as well.  Nice to see them and realize I can do without any of that wave.  Now I'm hoping wave 7 shows locally as well, but we'll see about that. 

Stupid Atom is running $40 now ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Now I'm hoping wave 7 shows locally as well, but we'll see about that. 

Sent you a PM.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2009, 12:12 PM »
I don't know if this helps you or not Brent, but TRU.com has periodically had some of Wave 7 in stock (The Flash and Captain Cold are currently in stock over there now).  Just thought I'd pass it along in case anyone was looking for these.  They've only shown up at TRU locally, and our Wal-Marts still don't carry this line at all.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2009, 12:39 PM »
Thanks Brian, but MetalJedi picked up just those two for me, so I'm good on them.  Big relief too as I kept passing on the Alex Ross version of Captain Cold and this is the first decent Flash, so quite anxious to get both. 

I've more or less given up on the Atom for now.  $40 for an action figure ain't going to happen for me. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2009, 12:00 AM »
TRU had some two-packs of some harder to find figures today.  Batgirl/Azrael, Cyborg Superman/Mongul and a few others.  Some of the figures never had wide distribution up here, so I can imagine them selling ok.  I think they were $29.99.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2009, 09:44 AM »
Yeah, I think those two packs were supposed to have shown up here in the U.S. last year (or did in some areas).  The only one I ever personally saw at our TRU was an Orion/Lightray pack.  Never did see the others (I think there was a Hal Jordan/Abin Sur pack as well in that wave).

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2009, 09:54 AM »
My TRU still has the Orion/Lightray and Batgirl/Azrael two packs.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2009, 09:56 AM »
Also, I got notice from BBTS yesterday that a couple Series 8 figures (Hawkgirl, Dr. Fate) had been added to my "pile of loot", so those must be close to shipping to retail as well.  Seems like Wave 7 just started showing up - and only at one place so far here locally (though I can't complain, as last year I was lucky to see the waves at all).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Yeah, I think those two packs were supposed to have shown up here in the U.S. last year (or did in some areas).  The only one I ever personally saw at our TRU was an Orion/Lightray pack.  Never did see the others (I think there was a Hal Jordan/Abin Sur pack as well in that wave).

Yup, Orion/Lightray and Hal Jordan GL/Abin Sur were both there.  If I didn't already own the Jordan figure, I'd have bought the Abin Sur two pack.  Just didn't feel like paying $25 for Abin Sur (might get $5 for Hal loose). 

I can't recall if there were any others.  None stick out in my mind, so maybe just the four sets.  Nice display tube/box too.  I'd have jumped on the Batgirl/Azrael two pack had I seen it a year ago.  Fortunately I was able to pick up the Azrael from the previous line (only one box of that wave seemed to make it up here to our TRU) and then scored the Batgirl from the Target two pack. 

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2009, 03:28 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Brent, I picked up the batgirl 2 pack yesterday.  Pretty sad to see Mongul/Cyborg supes there.  I went the ebay route for him about a month ago, and paid quite a bit more.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2009, 04:49 PM »
I hear ya, I went ebay for the Batgirl/Batman Target two pack and ended up getting it for about $15 and then shipping, so about the same as I paid here.  Benefit was I got a Batman I didn't otherwise have rather than getting another Azrael.  I'd really love to see them release a Catwoman/Two-Face two pack in that format.  They could also easily do a couple of other villains from those Mattel waves that were rare everywhere and make a lot of people happy. 

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2009, 05:30 PM »
I hear ya, I went ebay for the Batgirl/Batman Target two pack and ended up getting it for about $15 and then shipping, so about the same as I paid here.  Benefit was I got a Batman I didn't otherwise have rather than getting another Azrael.  I'd really love to see them release a Catwoman/Two-Face two pack in that format.  They could also easily do a couple of other villains from those Mattel waves that were rare everywhere and make a lot of people happy. 

Ooh - I don't have either of those, so that would be nice.  There are a number of figures I missed from the earlier line that I would like to get - but they are way too pricey now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2009, 08:45 AM »
Anyone need a modern Booster Gold?  Both the classic and modern versions were included with my CSC order and I only need one.  Shoot me a PM if interested.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2009, 01:40 AM »
Can anyone explain to me why they have not done a Classic normal Superman.  You know...the guy everyone kid knows since he was 2 and wants to be?  My boys would love love love to have a normal classic Superman and there has not been one to be found for years.  It is just baffling to me is all.  It would be like not releasing a Darth Vader until 1980 but having Walrus Man and Snaggletooth covered.