Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43564 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Yeah, everything continues to look great for this line.  I've gone from picking and choosing to starting to consider picking up whole waves again.  I'd really like to get that Kilowog BAF, so I'll likely be in for that wave if possible.  Like others, I really hope this Wal-Mart wave is much, much easier to find.  The last one never came around here (or even in our state as far as I know), and this one has even more "must have" figures for me.  It is surprising to me that they put out such a big hitter like Joker in a store exclusive wave.  It is amazing how Mattel has such a crappy history with handling of lines (distribution, repaints, case packs, etc.) and now they seem to be putting out two of the better lines out there in DCUC and MOTUC.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Walmart 5 pack
Batman
Two Face (green face, orange suit)
Lex Luthor (purple & green Super Friends version)
Catwoman (purple version, really looks like ****)
Superman

Maybe I just missed them, but are there pics of this pack up anywhere?

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #154 on: July 25, 2009, 01:18 PM »
Yikes... not liking the body or costume at all.  Waiting for the Movie Masters.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2009, 12:56 PM »
Just thought I'd post it here, as it fits well enough....just double checking, but do Mattel's SDCC exclusives go on sale on August 3rd?  I thought I had read that somewhere, but wasn't sure.  I'd like to probably pick up the Wonder Twins, as well as the JLU Green Lantern 3 pack.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2009, 10:52 AM »

And I agree 100% completely with you about the Wonder Dorks.  Without the frigging monkey, they're useless.  I was going to buy them, but not without Gleek.  So I'll have to beg someone going to the show to grab one for me or Mattel's not getting my money (and this seems like a common theme on most boards).

Guess I'm buying the Wonder Dorks on Monday.  I just won a Gleek from Fwoosh's contest.   ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2009, 02:56 PM »
I was at the show and couldnt even get Gleek.  One day they ran out of the Twins, the next day they ran out of Gleeks but still had the twins. The next day nothing. All sold out. What a mess. If they had put Gleek in the same package as the twins, this wouldnt have been a problem. But he was in a seperate little baggy and they seemingly had no control of how much of each they would get into the booth each day.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #158 on: August 4, 2009, 12:32 PM »
http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FDC_Universe%2FDay_2%2FDCUC_6_Inches&pic=IMG_9565.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

I actually kind of want to buy it, that Lex is cool.

That's a great set but I'm not too anxious to see what the cost is going to be (particularly given that I don't need another Superman or Batman).  I'll probably end up picking it up though...I've been hoping for a Two-Face (well, really any Batman villain) since this line was announced.

Found one of the wave 8 assortments yesterday - got both Parademons, both Dr. Fates, Hawkgirl and Gentleman Ghost.  GG and the red Parademon are pretty fantastic.  Still need to find an assortment with Vigilante, Commander Steel and Mr. Terrific.  I hear it's hit TRUs in our area so hopefully I'll have some luck.

John

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #159 on: August 4, 2009, 01:01 PM »

That's a great set but I'm not too anxious to see what the cost is going to be (particularly given that I don't need another Superman or Batman). 

It was listed in Walmart's computers at $55, which isn't all that bad I guess.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #160 on: August 4, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Sadly I'd probably pick up that box set, if I ever found one, but I doubt it will make it up north.  I'd like to get the Two Face and the Luthor, plus another Catwoman is always welcome.  Don't need a Supes or Bats though. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #161 on: August 4, 2009, 03:41 PM »
I'm definitely interested in that box.  If I see the pictures correctly, another batman and supes wouldn't be too bad.  It looks like the batman is the one from the clayface two pack without the mud.  And the supes seems to be the one from the brainiac two pack without the red eyes.  I wouldn't mind either of those (though I still want a definitive superman - and he needs to have a slightly wider/larger "S" shield on his chest).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #162 on: August 4, 2009, 07:00 PM »
I saw the Animated Batman DCU figure at Wal-Mart today - is that an exclusive?  I've never seen that one before.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #163 on: August 4, 2009, 11:49 PM »
By animated are you talking the black Batman Beyond?  If so, he's from wave 4 - but there was an "unmasked" version that I believe was a KB toys exclusive.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #164 on: August 5, 2009, 12:01 AM »
By animated are you talking the black Batman Beyond?  If so, he's from wave 4 - but there was an "unmasked" version that I believe was a KB toys exclusive.

This is an unmasked version of Batman Beyond - he is holding his mask in his hand.  And I saw it at Walmart.   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today