Author Topic: DC Universe Classics  (Read 43287 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2009, 01:42 AM »
Just to build off Brian's news, I ordered Green Arrow and Black Canary as soon as they showed up as available on the site I order comics from.  Got my shipment of comics this week with a letter stating that they weren't going to be able getting ANY of these two figures and had to cancel everyone's orders. When I called to see if they would be getting them in at a later date, the CS person said they would not be getting any of this wave and that they knew of several other merchants that were not getting their S9 figures either.

I bit the bullet and ordered the two of them off Ebay for $38 shipped from someone who already has them in stock.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Wow, thanks for the news guys.  Really all I want is Black Canary, and while I've been pondering buying one on eBay I've been holding off in the hopes of finding one at retail.  Better get one buying one now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2009, 12:40 PM »
Rumored wave 13.  No pics or official confirmation yet.

-Superboy
-Cheetah (with variant)
-Blue Beetle (new Jaime Reyes one)
-Blue Devil
-Negative Man (with variant)
-Donna Troy
-Cyclotron

C&C: Trigon
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2009, 01:19 PM »
This wave 9 situation is really annoying. It just gets worse and worse. Why ca't mattel get these figures out?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Yeah, hopefully they can get this wave out there later, because it seems to have so many characters people were looking forward to (Green Arrow, Black Canary, Deadshot, Black Adam, etc.)  I've got some on the way from BBTS this week (those four), and only missed out on Wildcat, which I guess isn't a real big deal since I was sort of back and forth on him (which is why I preordered him later).  I will say with these new wave lineups (or rumors) on how diverse the line continues to be.  I guess they are doing a good job of keeping "big guns" held back for later on, but waves 12 and 13 (and arguably much of 11) are somewhat obscure, especially to casual buyers.  We really haven't seen a lot of new/slightly tweaked Batmans/Supermans/etc. that these lines usually have.  I'm also surprised we haven't seen some of the rarer or more popular figures from DCSH just stuck into a DCUC wave with one of the CnC parts (like Two Face, Catwoman, Clayface, etc.)  Anyways, still a really great line though, can't wait to add some more to the shelf.  Still, we're looking at being 12/13 waves in now, and still no Martian Manhunter (and I'd like to see others like Zatanna, Poison Ivy, and Huntress - who I thought was coming at some point?).

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2009, 10:46 PM »
See, I don't really understand the logic behind this. If they grossly under produced wave 9 can they simply not get the factory to make more and send them out at a later period? Whats the problem?

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2009, 12:05 AM »
Man, Mattel really pisses me off.  They make great product, but the seem to consistently have issues with production and availability.  I thought one of the main reasons that Diamond pre-solicits things a number of months in advance is so that the manufacturer can adjust thier production runs accordingly.  I pre-ordered a set of wave 9 a LONG time ago.  Since then it's shown up at a local dealer - but because I was commited to the pre-order I didn't pick it up.  Now I find out there's a chance that my pre-order may not be honored because mattel screwed up thier production runs?  >:(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2009, 01:44 AM »
See, I don't really understand the logic behind this. If they grossly under produced wave 9 can they simply not get the factory to make more and send them out at a later period? Whats the problem?

I know on the food side of consumer packaged goods, something like that would drastically impact the profit margin built into these items.  The plant(s) and machinery for production aren't held in place and other production is scheduled way in advance.  If you were going to have the factory reset machinery off schedule and probably pay overtime to workers, then it's likely not worth making any more (in fact, they'd probably lose money on the deal).  I'm sure they would love to sell more units, but additional unplanned production runs are VERY expensive.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #203 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09 PM »
I received a few of the Wave 9 figures via a BBTS order today, and it looks to be another great wave.  I certainly hope it can get out to retail channels, or even better online distribution, eventually.  Green Arrow is one of my favorites of the line, and just about perfect I think.  Black Canary looks very good as well, although the figure I have does have pretty loose joints (one of the first times that has happened with a DCUC figure for me).  I also got Deadshot and Black Adam, and both are great.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2009, 01:34 AM »
I happened across a gold Dr. Fate today (s8?).  Anyone need one?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2009, 12:28 AM »
Anyone seeing wave 9, I'm not having any luck. I am more than happy to takje a Green Arrow and the 2 mantis figures off your hands  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2009, 01:10 AM »
Anyone seeing wave 9, I'm not having any luck. I am more than happy to takje a Green Arrow and the 2 mantis figures off your hands  ;D

Haven't seen them at retail, but I got my Canary and Green Arrow from Ebay in the mail yesterday.  These two are amazing pieces - totally worth the few extra bucks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2009, 06:57 PM »
I've read that a few people have found Wave 10 (the Wal-Mart exclusive wave).  Has anyone here had any luck?  I'm not very hopeful, as we never saw the last WM wave here at all, but our local store actually carries DCUC now, so hopefully that will help (the pegs are currently full of the Flash wave).  Also, not that I'm likely getting any of them, but you would think Target would want their exclusive "Public Enemies" wave out on pegs the same time as the movie release - but I haven't heard of any finds there.  They have more of an animated look to them, so I'm not sure if I'll grab any or not, I just thought it was silly to not have them out now on an endcap or something alongside the DVD release of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #208 on: October 1, 2009, 01:18 PM »
I noticed that Matty has posted pics of both DCUC Wave 11 (Kilowog) and the Target Public Enemies waves, and you can check them out HERE.

I had to cancel my entire wave preorder for Wave 11 (can't afford it all at once), but I really hope I'm able to eventually build Kilowog over time and the wave is readily available either at retail or online.  That figure really looks amazing.  Still not sure if I'll be picking up any of the Public Enemies stuff or not, but Wave 11 is really nifty.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
DC Universe Classics
« Reply #209 on: October 3, 2009, 07:49 PM »
I was surprised to see Wave 9 show up at our local Target this week, and even more surprised that aside from one Green Arrow, the entire wave was still sitting on the shelf four days later.  Maybe this line just isn't super popular in my area, or maybe people just haven't been checking the stores for it very regularly anymore.