Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281568 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1320 on: July 13, 2012, 10:50 PM »
tomorrow 7est for MU panel.

Also, member Onyx of marvelousnews.com just scored two of the new comic packs doom/spidey and she hulk/wolvie at his LCS.  Weird thing is they all have TRU stickers on them.  Then someone over at the same site said he asked a Hasbro lady and supposedly the 4 comic sets are indeed exclusive to TRU...

I guess onyx saw all of these including the 2 above at his LCS:
Maskless Juggy vs. grey colossus,
Mandarin vs. silver centurion,
Capt. vs. 80's Magneto,
Hulk vs. first appearance wolverine,
Rhino vs. Spidey
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 10:59 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 14, 2012, 08:11 PM »
thought the SW panel was bad?  well the MU panel was worse.....  what is new for MU?  from the panel:

2012 Digital Comic Exclusive will be Marvel Universe Old Man Logan with baby Hulk. This will be offered at NYCC when you sign up for Marvel's Digital Comics.

MU Team Packs, Colossus as Juggernaut, Emma Frost and Cyclops

and thats it.

true they did surprise us with Elektra, Rhino and Mysterio.  But other than that, this is it from the show that we hadn't already heard about

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 14, 2012, 10:40 PM »
We have to remember though that we're like a year behind with MU as well, based on everything shown, we know several waves of figures that are coming between now and first quarter of next year, which is roughly the amount of info we get for most other lines. It's just not as exciting since we saw most of this stuff last year. Though I do agree, the panel was mostly lackluster.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 15, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Been workin' on a little stretchy-twisty-headed Reed Richards action.

I've been tinkering with a few things (chopping up old Legends and FF Movie figs, even the Superhero Sqaud version), trying to make a stretchy Mr. Fantastic, but nothing that looks decent.  I'd love to give him one or two stretched out arms...any tips?
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 15, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Could you use a gumby figure or something similar?  Seems like that would be strong, yet pliable enought to shape and relatively light.  You would have to just shape and harden to avoid paint issues I think...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1325 on: July 15, 2012, 04:00 PM »
2012 Digital Comic Exclusive will be Marvel Universe Old Man Logan with baby Hulk. This will be offered at NYCC when you sign up for Marvel's Digital Comics.

Hulk baby is a repaint of the Luke/Leia baby from TSC/TAC Obi-Wan & Bail figures  :D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1326 on: July 15, 2012, 05:36 PM »

Hulk baby is a repaint of the Luke/Leia baby from TSC/TAC Obi-Wan & Bail figures  :D

Thats what i thought as well.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: July 15, 2012, 09:07 PM »
I noticed that too.  Overall, I was a little let down by the news for this line at SDCC (much like SW).  I guess I can understand it since they basically have the next few waves (that were announced at TF), still set to come out and haven't really hit anywhere yet as far as I know.  Just disappointed that we didn't see much (a few figures, like Mysterio) beyond that.  The comic packs and team packs look pretty nice though, so that is exciting.  I wonder if the whole "line is ending" thing was just another one of those rumors or if there is a steady slow down of things here too since we didn't see much for 2013 (although there is always NYCC).

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: July 15, 2012, 09:32 PM »

That's quite a coincidence, considering the subject of my latest Marvel Universe Photonovel....
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: July 18, 2012, 01:36 PM »
My X-Factor 6-pack arrived in the mail today ... and I was able to order the Masters of Evil 3-pack through HTS.com.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: July 18, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Thank goodness my little bro picked me up a MOE pack at SDCC, because those came and went before I checked.  Missed out on Jinx, though.  Bummer about that, but am excited to get Baron Zemo.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: July 26, 2012, 10:53 PM »
I picked up the Spider-Man/Doctor Doom Comic Pack tonight at TRU.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: July 27, 2012, 10:03 AM »
My SDCC Masters of Evil set just arrived.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: July 27, 2012, 11:55 AM »
The super Helicarrier was still in stock at HTS this morning.  And after looking at the pics, I have to wonder this:  why did Hasbro produce TWO different Helicarriers?  Especially since the exclusive one seems to be so much bigger!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: July 27, 2012, 12:10 PM »
The super Helicarrier was still in stock at HTS this morning.  And after looking at the pics, I have to wonder this:  why did Hasbro produce TWO different Helicarriers?  Especially since the exclusive one seems to be so much bigger!

That's actually an Avengers toy, not Marvel Universe.  There's some discussion as to why in that thread:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=21894.165

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today