Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410973 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2670 on: May 15, 2007, 04:35 PM »
I saw via the Fwooshnet forums that CornerStoreComics is having a big Marvel clearance sale, with a lot of past Legends and other stuff on clearance.  I've personally never ordered from them, so I don't know much about them, but I thought I would pass it along in case anyone is interested.

Thanks Brian for the link.  Nothing there I want now, but they say they're down about 70 items or so already, so maybe I missed something good.  Prices aren't that great, but could beat ebay if you're missing some of that stuff. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2671 on: May 15, 2007, 04:42 PM »
I've read Destroyer sold out in like 5 minutes.  Figures.  ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2672 on: May 15, 2007, 04:51 PM »
That would figure, wouldn't it?  It would be pretty tragic if I missed something I actually wanted, which I probably did.  I still need that Sentinel Series Spiderman.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2673 on: May 17, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Anyone want to save 25% and get free shipping at hasbrotoyshop?  Enter code FNFSPR7 at checkout.  I just used it to order She Hulk, Yellowjacket and Quicksilver.  Total came to just over $23.

I'd imagine it would work on anything.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2674 on: May 17, 2007, 12:02 PM »
Thanks for the tip Mikey...finally corss those suckers off the list!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2675 on: May 17, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Finally saw Quicksilver in person today.  This is one of the few figures in the current HML wave that I was looking forward to.  It's okay, but it seems to be kind of generic as far as ML figures go.  It was not worth the $12 that the store I was at was charging.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2676 on: May 17, 2007, 09:29 PM »
Anyone want to save 25% and get free shipping at hasbrotoyshop?  Enter code FNFSPR7 at checkout.  I just used it to order She Hulk, Yellowjacket and Quicksilver.  Total came to just over $23.

I'd imagine it would work on anything.

Thanks for the tip.  I looked thru the SW, T-Formers, and Marvel stuff, but couldn't find a single thing that I wanted in stock.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2677 on: May 17, 2007, 09:45 PM »
She-hulk, of course, is out of stock ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2678 on: May 18, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Some larger pics of the upcoming Spider-Man (Spider-Man Classics) line Black Cat and Shocker, the 5" scale versions, if anyone is interested.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2679 on: May 18, 2007, 01:06 PM »
That's not a bad version of black cat.  The "mask" is off, no need to turn up at the sides, but it's a little better than the box set version.  Oh wait, 5" scale, that's right - pass ::)  Thanks for the link Brian.

BTW, She-Hulk popped back up on the site today and Mikey's code is working still, so thanks Mikey.  I ordered She-Hulk ;D, Quicksilver and Yellowjacket.  Tempted to round out the rest to finish off Blob, but not that interested in the movie figures or yet ANOTHER Thor.  I also ordered some galactic heroes because the new ones were there.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2680 on: May 18, 2007, 01:40 PM »
I would consider the Thor, i think its a pretty good figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2681 on: May 18, 2007, 02:40 PM »
I think it's a fine Thor too, but I have absolutely zero need of a 4th Thor.  I got the first (which is still my favorite) and I got the one from the Giant Man BAF series.  I consider Beta Ray Bill to be a Thor or at the very least close enough (yeah, yeah, it's a wholly different character, I know).  But I just don't need another Asgardian wearing the same garb again. 

It would be ok to get it for the BAF part, but I don't think that's worth the price really.  I'd pay half of the sale price ($4) for the BAF part, but then I'd have to go and chase down the rest of the wave too.  I need to find an X-movie fan that doesn't want the BAF but how likely is it an X-fan isn't going to want the Blob BAF? :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2682 on: May 18, 2007, 02:45 PM »
That's the same problem I have Brent.  I'd like to get the BAF Blob, but I just don't want the other figures in the wave.  Plus, I can't afford to be buying figures I don't want or need.  The only one outside of the ones I already picked up (She-Hulk/Yellowjacket/Quicksilver) that I would consider would be Thor, but I don't necessarily need that figure either.  I don't want the movie figures, the fugly Wolverine, or really the Xorn figure either.  I might be more willing to spend more to get all of the BAFs if this was the only line I collected.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2683 on: May 19, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I'm a little shocked at all the complaining about the BAF figures.  If Star Wars had something where you get a free tauntaun or wampa part when you buy each figure, I would be all over that.  Obviously the strategy is to get you to buy everything in the wave to build the BAF.  If there's stuff you wouldn't normally have bought, but you did to get the BAF, then their marketing dept. is doing their job.  ::) This is no different than having to buy one of each vintage style SW figure to get your mail-away Lucas is it? 

And yet people whine that they have to get a few extra figs for the BAF.  You know, Hasbro could just stop putting BAF parts in with the reg figs. They'd charge the same price, you'd still get the figures you want, but instead of having a chance to build a BAF you'd have nothing extra.  Then they could make Blob a Target exclusive and charge you $25 for him.  Orrrr, you could just spend a few extra bucks to get the couple of figures you really don't want, use them to make Blob, and get rid of the extra figures on here or Ebay or use them for customs or whatever. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2684 on: May 19, 2007, 10:15 PM »
All I care about is the Spidey stuff. I hope we see images of the 6" Spidey-3 figures soon, those sound better than the basic line stuff.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m