Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413286 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3150 on: April 14, 2008, 04:42 PM »
I noticed last week that Entertainment Earth has removed their product listing for ML4 and Toy Globe marked it as cancelled as well.  I've put a word into my Hasbro contact but haven't received a confirmation one way or another.  CSC still had their listing as active as of last week, so that's very interesting to hear that they've also marked it as cancelled.

John

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3151 on: April 14, 2008, 05:02 PM »
This isn't a surprise to me. In fact this is a blessing in disguise. This line was worst than bad since Hasbro took it over. My hope is that it is the death knell for the entire series so we dont' have to muck around with this crap anymore.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3152 on: April 14, 2008, 06:42 PM »
I think they are just reowrking the waves and the line in general. I guess we will find out this weekend.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3153 on: April 14, 2008, 10:54 PM »
This isn't a surprise to me. In fact this is a blessing in disguise. This line was worst than bad since Hasbro took it over. My hope is that it is the death knell for the entire series so we dont' have to muck around with this crap anymore.

Well, you could just stop mucking around with the line regardless of What Hasbro decides.  Personally, I'm still looking forward to a few more Legends scale figs for my Avengers team and hope that we continue to see 6" Marvel Legends in some form, regardless of how long it takes them to get to the shelves.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 02:42 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3154 on: April 14, 2008, 11:01 PM »
Frankly I'm hoping that they decide to either cancel the line outright, or they've paid attention to the feedback and are planning on dedicating the actual resources to the line that they paid for.  I'm guessing most collectors are mostly like us around here and feel Hasbro has screwed the pooch with the line, trying to rest on its laurels and doing little with it.  ToyBiz made an effort; Hasbro inherited the line and seemed to believe we'd buy anything they threw at us.  Oops. 

So better quality with better sculpts (noting not all the H stuff was crap) or kill it outright.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3155 on: April 15, 2008, 12:09 AM »
Being relatively new to the ML game, it was only recently that I realized how much better Toybiz's stuff was over Hasbro's.  When I decided to start the ML figures the Hasbro stuff was out there and easy for me to begin with, but recently I've picked up some Toybiz figures and there's a definite difference.  Don't get me wrong, I think Hasbro has done some good figures, but Toybiz's were for the most part more interesting, had more character and were just in general better quality.  You can see that in the carryover into the Legendary Heroes line.  And the ML variants...it didn't take me long to realize that Hasbro's are pretty bloody lame.  ;)

John

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3156 on: April 15, 2008, 02:44 PM »
And the ML variants...it didn't take me long to realize that Hasbro's are pretty bloody lame.  ;)

...And rather impossible to find.  I've seen some of the W3 variants, but never ever a green quicksilver or gold yellowjacket.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3157 on: April 17, 2008, 10:18 AM »
And the ML variants...it didn't take me long to realize that Hasbro's are pretty bloody lame.  ;)

...And rather impossible to find.  I've seen some of the W3 variants, but never ever a green quicksilver or gold yellowjacket.   >:(

For a while here in MN I was able to find nothing but Marvel Girl's in Black and the Variant Hydra guy. At least with Toybiz if you were presistant enough you should have been able to find all the variants in each wave when it was released. With the Hasbro line - FORGET IT!!!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3158 on: April 18, 2008, 11:12 AM »
I saw in this thread at the TNI forums, someone found pics of a couple more of the 2-packs (and Hulk figs) at the Wizard Magazine toy shop.  The 2 packs include:

Elektra and Ronin
Cap and Nick Fury (Ultimate)
Mr. Fantastic and The Thing
Wolverine and Forge

Pics at the link, if interested.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3159 on: April 18, 2008, 01:27 PM »
I saw in this thread at the TNI forums, someone found pics of a couple more of the 2-packs (and Hulk figs) at the Wizard Magazine toy shop.  The 2 packs include:

Elektra and Ronin
Cap and Nick Fury (Ultimate)
Mr. Fantastic and The Thing
Wolverine and Forge

Pics at the link, if interested.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3160 on: April 18, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Speaking of being sucked back in...

NYCC Mrvel Legends

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3161 on: April 18, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Thanks for posting that evenflow.  Interesting news...a few highlights (and pics at the link evenflow posted):

-Nemesis Wave now pushed back to December, and is Wal-Mart exclusive

-Target Exclusive Wave (in September) consisting of: Red Hulk, Spiral, Adam Warlock, Union Jack, Silver Savage, Black Spider-Man, and Wolverine Black

-Eight 2 Packs on the way, three to still be revealed (the Four posted above shown, as well as Skrull/Kree pack, Fury or Shield Agent/Hand Ninja pack)

-The two upcoming Hulk/FFF waves will be wide distribution with first wave in August and 2nd in Sept/Oct

EDIT: Oops, started a new page, so here's the link again: Marvel Legends News and Pics
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:04 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3162 on: April 18, 2008, 04:25 PM »
A little more info I saw over on the Fwoosh forums:

-The alternate blonde head goes with Ronin, its Clint Barton

-The card for the Hulk waves show the wrong pricepoint, they will be $14.99 each (yikes), not $19.99

-Sunfire will be a HTS exclusive

-Red Hulk is the BAF for the Target wave

-Tarantula is coming, but not ready for display (probably at SDCC)

-5 Waves of SMC this year, Wave 3 is new to NYCC, 4 and 5 will be at SDCC

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3163 on: April 18, 2008, 08:50 PM »
I was at work when i posted the link and was a little busy so i didnt get to comment. I think the long wait Hasbro has given us seems to have paid off. I think the Red Hulk looks awesome and my #1 most wanted Legend is finally coming out; Adam Warlock and in the costume i wanted.

I am glad to hear the FFF wave is 14.99 and not 19.99, i thought that was just out of hand. I really hope they find a way to work in the Red King somewhere. I really wanted that figure.

The one thing that sucks is that there is anouther walmart wave. My walmart never gets anything (i have complained here in the past so if anyone wants to help with tose let me know  ;D ). The target wave is the wave i want more but if someone can post the DPCI number i hope to use that trick.

Much better for Hasbro this time around.
 ;D

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3164 on: April 19, 2008, 07:21 PM »
The Sunfire is up for preorder at HTS, dont forget to use the GETOUT20 code.

Sunfire