Author Topic: KB Tie Fighter is Shipping  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
KB Tie Fighter is Shipping
« on: July 21, 2003, 09:25 PM »
I just logged into my account at KBToys and it says that my Tie Fighter has shipped today. :)

On their site it also says in stock. So if you want one better go order one today.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: KB Tie Fighter is Shipping
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 10:00 PM »
Is this any different than the POTF2 version?
dustrho

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 10:19 PM »
The changed some of it to be more movie accurate. But they didnt change the Solar Panels.
I remember my dream now.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 10:20 PM »
More movie accurate?  Anyone here know exactly what has changed?  I already have the POTF2 version, and I need some details of the differences to justify buying the newer version.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 10:52 PM »
They just lopped off the little handle on the back of the main "pod"/cockpit section, that's been there since it's vintage days.  Now it's just a nice, round and accurate cockpit.  I believe the interior of the cockpit might've gotten a slight retooling or something to that effect as well.

But yeah, it sucks that the solar panels didn't get increased in size like we've all been expecting for the past couple of years.  I heard that the revised cockpit is slightly different in color from the Interceptor, so exchanging the cockpit portions of the two fighters doesn't work quite as well as we had hoped and as had been rumored...

Here's the link at KBtoys.com where you can order this Tie Fighter for $30...  There's usually a $5 off coupon for KB floating around the net, so do a Google search for it, and I'm sure you can turn one up!

Here's a picture of the resculpted cockpit back for you Chris, so you can see the difference:

« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 02:38 AM by JediMAC »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2003, 07:27 PM »
I like the body change, but would have much rather seen the wings fixed than the body changed. Probably 80% of the TIE Fighter complaints are in regards to its wings.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2003, 08:15 PM »
Yeah, the "change" wasn't what the majority were hoping for...  Especially when way back some Hasbro reps said they were hoping to do an "FX TIE Fighter" at one of the cons last year, or the year prior...  Even mentioned the bigger solar panels as I recall.

If I get this, it's with the hope that I can somehow reproduce the cockpit over and over to "spoof up" the TIE's I have...  Maybe make my own Solar Panels for it some day then to have the standard fighter.

Another one of those "Who were they listening to, because it wasn't us" moments I guess.  

Now, give the OLD cockpit bigger solar panels (to-scale ones) and I'd be buying these ships up at  $30 a piece.  I'd want at least 3, maybe more...  12 would look damn dandy I think.   ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2003, 11:21 PM »
I was thinking about ordering one, but I'll just wait for it to show up in the store.  I'll save on the shipping for one, and no annoying stickers on the boxes window panels, either.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2003, 03:28 PM »
I have my Tie Fighter. When I get home tonight I will open it up.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2003, 03:31 PM »
I have my Tie Fighter. When I get home tonight I will open it up.

Congrats on getting one David!  Did you order it online or did you pick it up locally?  Be sure to take detailed pictures of it (hanging from your ceiling, of course!).
dustrho

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 07:33 AM »
Got mine as well.  The removed battery compartment is a big improvement.  I as well would of liked new panels but I am still happy.  Especially since no Tie Fighters have been released in like 7-8 years.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 09:20 AM »
I ordered this ship when it was available at KBToys.com on Tuesday.  Even though they didn't change the wing size, I have never had a regular Tie in my collection, and wanted one since it is one of the main ships from the OT.