Author Topic: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases  (Read 193637 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Recent Vintage Collection Purchases
« Reply #1350 on: July 31, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Iím fine on the 14 day thing...  I think my over a month situation was just a sign of the current times, and I blame EE less than who they use because as I filed complaints, I noticed one consistency was that they seemed to not be getting a response from who theyíre using.  For me I was more afraid about having to contact my CC and do a charge back if EE wasnít willing to play ball on it.  I was def getting run around from their CS but I think itís because they didnít have an answer due to the shipper giving THEM the run around too.  But thatís the ****** part of using that service which I wish theyíd find something new or go to a different format. 

Funny then this week I got an item that shipped while that other item had still not arrived and it showed up pretty fast and like Jeff said the packaging was mint.

I buy a lot from China and Japan direct.  Iím amazed how quickly some of it gets here for reasonable prices and packed nicely too.  Never had much of a problem.  Even Wish stuff isnít too bad...  slow, but arrives safe generally.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Knight
  • Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 31, 2020, 10:44 PM »
The sad part is that 2 day UPS shipping for EE probably would cost less than $5/package.   I've helped negotiate corporate shipping contracts and they get pretty cheap when you ship a lot like they do. 

EE is choosing the cheapest, crappiest service, and charging us for it.  I wouldn't make excuses for EE.  They're making the choice of shipping vendors and can always change vendors if they would like to provide better service.

I love to support Jeff and the JD team, but will not order from EE if I've got another option.  I'd rather pay a Patreon fee to JD than get stuck with slow, slow shipping.  I'm an opener so EE's minty guarantee doesn't do much for me anymore.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 1, 2020, 12:47 PM »
Not a TVC purchase per-se, but I picked up an acrylic stand off of eBay for my Amazon Exclusive Big Slave one and couldn't be happier. Seller is surge38 if you need one.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 2, 2020, 09:56 AM »
Using the new TVC DPCI, I've been able to score pretty much everything I need from the K2SO/Power Droid/Commander Wolfe/Stormtrooper Luke wave. I have a pre-order for 2 more Power Droids and one for another K2SO - I might cancel the K2SO now that I have three open, but the Power Droid, I definitely want more of...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 2, 2020, 05:04 PM »
I pulled the trigger on a K2SO on eBay, for the purpose of doing a stop motion review before my case assortment arrives.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 2, 2020, 11:39 PM »
I found a lone Power Droid on Saturday and ended up stashing him for a friend. Looked nice.
A characterís face is melted by fantastical energy