Author Topic: EE Exclusive Comic Packs  (Read 30677 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: EE Comic Packs
« Reply #15 on: July 1, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Hmm, I would have rathered the Noghri set than Mareal/Montross, but oh well - I'm happy that we're gonna get Deliah Blue, Darth Nihl, Ysanne Isard, Roland Dyre and Jarael - I guess the rest just come along for the ride.

Kudos to EE for bringing them in at a decent price.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: July 1, 2010, 08:07 PM »
I assume these will still be in the red/white Legacy theme packaging? Also, Baron Fel says he includes a helmet - which one or is that left over from the previous Fel comic pack descriptor?
« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 08:10 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 1, 2010, 08:21 PM »
Well, they aren't a higher price; $59.99 for the set of 4 which is $14.99 each, or about retail.

EE Exclusive Comic Packs

Looks like they are showing at $69.99 now...

Hmm, I would have rathered the Noghri set than Mareal/Montross, but oh

Hasbro mentioned using the Noghri/Ralrra set at 2011 convention, so maybe they kept it for that reason?  (that's what I'm hoping anyway  :-\)
« Last Edit: July 1, 2010, 08:38 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #18 on: July 1, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Well, they aren't a higher price; $59.99 for the set of 4 which is $14.99 each, or about retail.

Hmm... they must have changed that in the past 30 min or so. I wonder if the lower priced pre-orders will be honored?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: EE Exclusive Comic Packs
« Reply #19 on: July 1, 2010, 08:49 PM »
That's BS.  I've lost count of the number of TF fans who are completely pissed off at the $10 price hike on the Seacons set, but it is what is...take it or leave it.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 1, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Hmm, I can't say I'm particularly pleased with the 2008 Juno Eclipse repaint for Ysanne Isard, but it makes sense.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: July 2, 2010, 03:23 AM »

Hmm, I would have rathered the Noghri set than Mareal/Montross, but oh

Hasbro mentioned using the Noghri/Ralrra set at 2011 convention, so maybe they kept it for that reason?  (that's what I'm hoping anyway  :-\)

This is my hope as well.  I like the Felt/Isard set a lot...  A) That's more a normal looking Fel compared to his TIE character, and B) Isard's kind of cool I guess.  Fel's cooler though.

The other sets are really icing, but actually I'm more interested in Montross/Mereel.  I played Bounty Hunter,  loved it, and just the fact that hints at Mereel's past a bit and has Montross in it as a major baddy, I loved it and can't wait to see how they do the figures.  I never read the comic they're from, but Montross was quite badass in the game, and Jango couldn't stand him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 2, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Hmm, I can't say I'm particularly pleased with the 2008 Juno Eclipse repaint for Ysanne Isard, but it makes sense.

I must have missed the memo - what's wrong with the 2008 Juno Eclipse body? It's got 14 points of articulation, what more could you want besides perhaps different feminine proportions?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 2, 2010, 09:31 AM »
I could have cared less about these sets ever being released until the Fel/Isard set was announced. Now I can't wait to get my hands on it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 2, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Yeah I might snag the Isard/Fel set. Maybe the Mandalorians depending on how they look. Glad to see EE offering them individually.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 2, 2010, 01:40 PM »

I must have missed the memo - what's wrong with the 2008 Juno Eclipse body? It's got 14 points of articulation, what more could you want besides perhaps different feminine proportions?

I never said there was anything wrong with the Juno figure. I'M just not particularly pleased with it. I'M not very fond of that figure - although it is a good figure.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2010, 01:58 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 2, 2010, 02:59 PM »
I never said there was anything wrong with the Juno figure. I'M just not particularly pleased with it. I'M not very fond of that figure - although it is a good figure.

Ok, fair enough.

I just think as far as Female Imperial Officers go, I doubt at this point in time, Hasbro could churn out anything better and since all female Imperials are EU, the chances of them ever revisiting a female Imperial body is slim to none.

I guess I've just become too complacent - it's got 14 pts of articulation, it can be posed in a variety of poses easily, to me there's really no need to update it,
« Last Edit: July 2, 2010, 03:01 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: July 2, 2010, 03:45 PM »

Hmm... they must have changed that in the past 30 min or so. I wonder if the lower priced pre-orders will be honored?

For those lucky enough to have gotten there orders in before the price change, looks like you saved yourself $10. For one of our forum members:

Thank you for your patience. It appears that Hasbro had initially announced a price of $59.99 for this item, so we queued up all of our marketing tools with that price point. However, right after we sent the e-mails out, they send us a new memo announcing a $69.99 retail price. So, the website was updated, but we cannot stop the e-mails already in the queue and being sent. We have adjusted the price in your order to $59.99 since it was "printed" in the e-mail you received, however the official retail price is $69.99…. The change will be reflected in your online account within 24 hours. Thanks for your understanding.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 06:02 PM »
We're offering this to EVERYBODY at the lower $59.99/set price, but only through the end of the day on Friday.  We've even got a countdown timer showing how long the sale is for so people know not to miss out on the pre-order special.  So yeah, order today, it's cheaper than it will be on Saturday!

...and the final 2 figure pictures went up. (When I edited this post.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:30 PM by Adam_Pawlus »
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Thanks....where was the love for the people who ordered a couple of days after you posted them?
This is the way.

I have spoken.