Author Topic: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 259121 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Collection Pricing - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #30 on: August 2, 2010, 12:09 AM »
Looks like I'll stop in Friday I guess and get it adjusted.  Weird that it sounds like ksome stores were starting it a little early though.  I didn't get to Target today, and now wish I had to pick up a Cloud Car.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 8, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Our local TRU had a sale going on the AT-AT today...$10 off, so $89.99 total. Cheapest I have seen it yet.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline snuffx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 8, 2010, 10:56 PM »
I went to my local WM tonight. They are way behind on putting figures out. One case of vintage and one case of clone wars was all I saw. They prices surprised me. Vintage 7.00 and clone wars 4.50. That is whats on the pegs and what they rang up for.

Offline snuffx

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2010, 08:53 PM »
All the WM prices were changed. Now all figures are 7.95.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45 AM »
All the WM prices were changed. Now all figures are 7.95.

Yeah, including Clone Wars.   >:(  Finally found the latest wave with Mace, but was not happy about paying $8 for them.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35 PM »
"Last weekend" one Target had the Vintage for $7.99 and SoDS figs for $6.99; wally had Vintage for $7.99 and SoDS for $7.49 while TRU had Vintage for $9.99 and SoDS for $7.99  here in NC.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 02:06 PM »
Got an email notice that Brian's Toys is offering $15 off a $75 purchase.  Their prices are silly on most items, but I found a 12" Thrawn for $79.99.  All together it was $75 shipped, which is a pretty good deal.

Promo code is SAVE15
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 8, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Hmmmm.  I see HTS has placed not one, not two, but three case assortments of Vintage wave 2 up for pre-order on their site - and not a single individual figure from the wave.

HTS has seemingly moved to selling only by the case for Marvel Universe figures for the past 3 waves now - could they also be moving towards selling only by the case for SW?  

If so - this sucks....

edit:  an after thought - they are however selling the cases for a pretty decent discount compared to other online sites.  $82.99 at HTS versus $99.99 at EE.  So, $6.92 a figure vs. $8.33 a figure (pre shipping on both)...    still sucks for me - and I think I am going to have to start relying more on retail and forum trades.

also - don't forget about figuring in the almost ever present HTS discount codes for even more discounts....
« Last Edit: September 8, 2010, 09:06 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 8, 2010, 09:58 AM »
I've noticed they seem to be going that way with Marvel Universe stuff, and that does make you wonder if we'll see that with Star Wars as well.  I guess the prices aren't bad, but it does sort of stink if they won't be offering individual figures anymore.  I know they have really been a good source for me over the past few years, particularly when picking up army builders or extras of figures here and there.  We'll see how distribution is going forward, but many times HTS is the only place I saw a lot of figures - or at least saw them more than once.  I know that was definitely a problem with the Clone Wars domination of the retail scene locally over the past two years.  I've had decent luck with TVC so far, and I think the big difference in cardbacks helps that a lot, so hopefully that continues.  I don't know, but I would think HTS would lose a lot of business if they discontinue offering individual figures.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 8, 2010, 12:09 PM »
just noticed that HTS has now created a new section under SW called "Value Packs" - and thats one of the places where the cases fall under.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 9, 2010, 06:12 PM »
A local WM dropped prices of Clone Wars and Legends figs to $6.50. The other in my area still has them (and Vinty figs) at ~$8.00. Might want to be on the lookout, as $6.50 is much more tolerable.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 10:59 AM »
Save $5 off any TRU purchase of $25 or more coupon

looks like I will be doing some receipt switcheroo with all of the MU stuff I bought at TRU yesterday.   ;D

edit:  just used 2 coupons and they worked like a charm    8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:58 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Not Star Wars speficically, but if you live anywhere there's a Meijer store, this friday and saturday there's a 20% coupon for any Toy Department item, excludes clearance.

Meijer 2 Day Super Sale

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 09:29 AM »
Saw the blurb about the TRU coupon on the front page, one day too late.

If I take this in, will they do a price adjustment for something purchased the previous day?

I thought I recalled hearing about people doing that, but not sure. Does it work?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 10:26 AM »
Yeah I posted about that coupon a couple of posts up on the 15th.

as for using it on a prior purchase thats a "your mileage may very" type thing - I have heard of people getting adjustments for things like this in the past at TRU.  Personally I never bother asking, I just go and rebuy it if they have it and then do a return the next time I go to said store.  I know some people in the collecting communtiy may frown on that but thats how I roll.

If they dont have anymore of said item then I most certainly would ask for an adjustment.