Author Topic: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs  (Read 66445 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 Target Geonosis Arena Showdown 2-Packs
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 08:15 PM »
The package makes some sense too, since it was re-useable as a display.  I hung onto mine with the thought I MIGHT assemble an arena thing with it, but that's becoming less and less likely, haha. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 08:23 PM »
link  

^ Looks even better than the sets that Target had this past year.

edit: changed pic to link - TNI does not allow hotlinking of images. ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 08:28 PM by Jeff »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 08:33 PM »
Meh...I'll get them all probably but...meh.  3PO is cool I guess, I've never been big on Arena Jedi for some reason.  I'd have liked to have seen Barris instead of Shaak Ti but again...meh

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2010, 08:41 PM »
I'm kind of on the same page as Scott with these...meh.  They look neat, and I'm glad to finally get a better AOTC C-3PO, but I'll probably pick and choose with these like I did with the last round.  If I had the budget for everything, I'd probably get them all (they look like they all use pretty nice figures), but more than likely I'll just pick and choose again.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09 PM »
My jaw dropped at the sight of the Shaak Ti set - amazing set. Shaak Ti's been a very wanted upgrade. And the Geonosian is worth buying again, thanks to the accessories.

The Obi-Wan and Anakin sets are definite passes for me. How many times have we seen both Jedi repacked? And it seems AOTC Anakin is getting repacked again in TVC basic figure lineup.

Not too thrilled that the Rodian Jedi once again uses the Luke body, but whatever. Looks cool.

As for the Dooku set, I'm pleased because when I first saw pictures of the Jedi included, I wasn't too happy with the Mace body repaint. But now he includes a cloak! Initial pictures also showed him with Mace's lightsaber hilt (cast in green), but latest pics show him with a different hilt.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 10:27 PM »
The Obi-Wan and Anakin sets are definite passes for me. How many times have we seen both Jedi repacked? And it seems AOTC Anakin is getting repacked again in TVC basic figure lineup.

The Anakin has a new head so it's not a straight repack per say. The only one that I am passing on is the Obi-Wan set, that one is a wasted slot. Dooku appear to have a new head too. My only real gripe is the reuse of the Mace Windu and Evo Luke bodies but I am happy these are getting another run.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Is that a new Dooku headsculpt? I might just pick up the Shaak Ti set (for some reason I don't own a figure of her) and wait for the inevitable 3PO repack, mainly to avoid buying another R2. :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Big whatever on these.  Shaak Ti is great, and I'm suddenly glad I held off on the ROTS version all these years.  The rest is disappointing.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2010, 11:14 PM »
The red/white LC packaging confuzzles me. With TVC and TCW out, it'll be strange to see the ghost of LC as well. But it is nice to see "2010 Edition" on the side.

As for Dooku, he does seem to have an all-new headsculpt.

And I agree that the Obi-Wan set is a wasted slot, we just got SBD w/ Mace Windu in the previous wave.

And I'm also tired of the Mace and Luke body repaints. Oh well.

AND, isn't it worth noting that Obi and Ani shouldn't have their actual lightsabers, as two random Jedi tossed them an extra saber?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Yakface has a great shot of Dooku, the new head sculpt looks great! I like the Evo one but it looks nothing like Lee. The Anakin head look nice but there is still no good up close shot yet. These sets are growing on me sans the Obi-Wan one. I love that they are perfecting great sculpts like Dooku, that's what I appreciated with the last set of these with upgrades to figures like Kit.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53 AM »
I will pick and choose but the Shaak Ti set it really nice.  I think they could have gave us something else besides the R2 and 3PO pack.  I'm just sick of seeing C-3PO and the battle droid head swap thing yet again.  Although that is their "big" scene in the arena so it makes sense in that regard.  I was kind of hoping for Bariss Offee or even that white female Jedi (can't remember her name though so I must not want it that bad).  The Rodian is a surprise but I can't say that really anyone was actually wanting it?  They are decent sets but I'll probably track down other stuff with more enthusiasm. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Most excited for the Shaak Ti set.  I don't have a ROTS one anymore as it was victim to my dog back in the day when he was a puppy (along with vintage IG-88 and Vintage Jabba's right arm and maybe some others).

I think the Rodian is pretty cool.
I also like the Dooku/Jedi set.

I am on the fence with the others - except Obi - no go on him.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2010, 08:20 PM »
Color me surprised they did NOT do the other Jedi that tosses sabers to Ani/Obi.  Maybe if they do another round I guess.  It feels empty without him now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I will get Shaak Ti, Rodian jedi, & 3po other than that pass on the rest. I will get the jedi knight that comes w/ dooku on ebay.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2010, 10:11 PM »
For those on the fence Galactic Hunter has a great shots of the new Anakin head sculpt, it looks great as does Dookus. I cannot believe they are not going to use this for the VC single card line, it's so much better.