Author Topic: Captain America (Movie & Sequels)  (Read 67388 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Captain America (Movie & Sequels)
« on: February 8, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Some Capt. America movie plot points from the director - spoilers apply

... I can't wait to read what the Marvel guys have to say about the new Cap origin.   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Captain America (Movie & Sequels)
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2010, 05:17 PM »
Yeah, no complaints here.  Hopefully the USO bits will be about American Superiority in some respect... raising spirits based on our scientific superiority... and not him up there singing and dancing.

PS:  You guys need a "Spoiler" font color in the list.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 8, 2010, 05:20 PM by BillCable »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2010, 05:48 PM »
If it's based during WWII, I'm guessing it will be more about the old song and dance.  
« Last Edit: February 8, 2010, 05:48 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 9, 2010, 04:04 PM »

PS:  You guys need a "Spoiler" font color in the list.  ;)

The best solution I've seen is to post your spoiler in teeny tiny itty bitty font.  Then if someone wants to read it they just have to click the "quote" button.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Wow, interesting choices for Cap.  I'm definitely not a fan of JK playing him - I just can't see it. 

And for the record, David Hasselhoff makes an awesome Nick Fury.  It was the plot, directing, and rest of the cast that ruined that film.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 09:23 AM »
As much as I love John Krasinski in The Office, I can't see him as Cap either.  Cap isn't the "aw shucks" type of character.  He's completely intense and driven, something I don't see Krasinski pulling off.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 10:38 AM »
I saw that list too, and thought the same thing.  I really like Krasinski, particularly in the roles he's been in, but I don't necessarily picture him as Cap either.  Of course, there have been stranger castings that have worked out too.  I also read an "update" this morning saying that they were really hoping to get Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) for the role, but there were scheduling conflicts.  I don't know if anyone knows who he is, but we watch Supernatural, and he is excellent on that show.  It will be interesting to see how this pans out.  I could see someone like Krasinski being out as he would likely cost a bit more than some of these other relative unknowns (same could be said for that dude from Gossip Girl that is on some of the lists).

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 10:43 AM »
Jensen Ackles would be FANTASTIC.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Patrick Flueger is an interesting name in the mix.  I liked him on the 4400.  Put him in the gym for a couple of months and he'd make a good Cap.  Scott Porter may not be a bad choice either, but that guy's name has been kicked around for several superheroes, including Superman in that JLA movie that seems to have died.  

I really don't know how John Krasinski's name ended up on that list, though.  Love that guy, but as a superhero?  Man...that would be epic casting if they picked him, and he pulled it off.  That would rank up there with Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 11:53 PM »
I will wait to pass judgment on Krasinski.  To me he seems like a horrible fit...but Downey Jr. and Ledger didn't seem like good fits for Iron Man and The Joker to me either and I was *way* off on that.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 1, 2010, 11:06 AM »
I will wait to pass judgment on Krasinski.  To me he seems like a horrible fit...but Downey Jr. and Ledger didn't seem like good fits for Iron Man and The Joker to me either and I was *way* off on that.

Really?  I'll agree with you regarding Heath, but I always thought that RDJ would be a great Tony Stark.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2010, 11:06 AM by Neal »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 1, 2010, 11:37 AM »
I will wait to pass judgment on Krasinski.  To me he seems like a horrible fit...but Downey Jr. and Ledger didn't seem like good fits for Iron Man and The Joker to me either and I was *way* off on that.

Really?  I'll agree with you regarding Heath, but I always thought that RDJ would be a great Tony Stark.

Agreed.  Ledger was a surprise (and a welcome one), but RDJ is the perfect look for Tony Stark.  I was surprised they went with him and surprised what a good actor he is, but physically and behaviorally he seemed like a great fit beforehand.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 9, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Krasinski favorite to win 'Captain America' role

Its already been discussed on here, but it is being reported again that he is the current favorite and has even tested multiple times so far.  Like I said before, I really like Krasinski in the stuff I've seen him in - and he seems like a genuinely likeable guy - but I wouldn't have ever thought of him for Cap.  That being said, I'll keep and open mind and wait and see.  As it has often been mentioned, people thought the same things with choices like Health Ledger, Tobey Maguire, and even Robert Downey Jr.

UPDATE:  Another report is now saying that Krasinski is not the frontrunner, and may not even be being considered at this point.  They list the following currently under consideration:

Wilson Bethel (HBO's Generation Kill, Young and the Restless)
Chris Evans (Fantastic Four, The Losers, Push)
Mike Vogel (Cloverfield)
Garrett Hudlund (Tron Legacy)

Honestly, outside of Evans, I'm not real familiar with anyone on this list - although I've seen them mentioned before in some cases.  Hopefully they get this cast pretty soon.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 09:50 AM by Brian »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:00 PM »
Krasinski favorite to win 'Captain America' role

Its already been discussed on here, but it is being reported again that he is the current favorite and has even tested multiple times so far.  Like I said before, I really like Krasinski in the stuff I've seen him in - and he seems like a genuinely likeable guy - but I wouldn't have ever thought of him for Cap.  That being said, I'll keep and open mind and wait and see.  As it has often been mentioned, people thought the same things with choices like Health Ledger, Tobey Maguire, and even Robert Downey Jr.

UPDATE:  Another report is now saying that Krasinski is not the frontrunner, and may not even be being considered at this point. 

Good.  "Jim" from The Office would have ruined Captain America for me.

We need somebody that nobody knows.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda