Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 93791 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #150 on: November 23, 2008, 09:26 PM »
The Experience is set to open in Neonopolis, a development near Fremont Street in Vegas. So that will be great- geek it out at the Experience, then soak in the unadulterated fun Fremont Street has to offer.

I haven't heard a date for it to open, but I'll bet it's around the time the movie opens.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 24, 2008, 11:58 PM »
I have a bunch of rarer, 90's Star Trek figures.

You're lame.

C'mon Mike, you know you want them.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 25, 2008, 12:04 AM »
Too bad about the Star Trek experience. The cool thing about that was that the bridge set was 100% to scale to the actual set.

I never went even though I lived out there for a number of years.  Heard it was okay though.

I went back in '98 and enjoyed it even though I wasn't all that much into Trek.  It was a very strongly themed DS9 at the time and I really wasn't into that and even less so into TNG.  Quark's Bar was cool, and about the only place in the Hilton I could afford to eat at the time.  I have a picture of me somewhere with two very, very tall Klingon women. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #153 on: November 25, 2008, 10:35 AM »
I've wanted to go to the "Experience" but never get to Vegas...  I love TNG/DS9 though and that was the era it was mostly centered on I thought.  I'd love to check it out if they're making a new one or something, but chances are slim of me making a Vegas trip.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 7, 2008, 01:56 PM »
DST Star Trek toys coming to US TRUs.

This is awesome. Maybe it'll make the prices a little more fair on those starship replicas which online retailers and comic shops seem intent on charging $40 for.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 7, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Anyone interested in this tasty nugget?  It's just taking up space in my basement, so I'd love to give it a new home if anyone wants to trade for it or but it...

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2008, 09:31 AM »
DST Star Trek toys coming to US TRUs.

This is awesome. Maybe it'll make the prices a little more fair on those starship replicas which online retailers and comic shops seem intent on charging $40 for.

That's cool. I've been wanting to pick some of those up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2009, 11:47 AM »
Fedex would be a killer on this puppy!  ;D

Star Trek Classic Captain Kirk Chair Replica

Model not included.  :P

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Star Trek Barbies for the new flick.  :D

First look: 'Star Trek' toys boldly go nouveau

Command Collection figures: Original Spock, left, McCoy, Kirk, young Spock and Nero.

FIRST LOOK: Check out exclusive pictures of the new toys

The link above shows the Transporter Playset, Bridge Playset, Communicator & the Enterprise. The Enterprise looks interesting.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Not bad stuff. I kind of like it, but unless the movie is religious experience, I probably won't pick them up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2009, 09:53 AM »
That bridge playset has almost enless possibilities when it comes to customizing command centers for GI Joe, Star Wars or any other 3.75" property.  And it's not that expensive at $25.

The transporter playset looks fun as well.  I still have the transporter room for the 6" figures that Playmates released in the 90's, it's a fun set.

I'm assuming the Command Collection is the 12" line based on the soft goods.  The figures look okay but unless they have a lot more packed in with them, that isn't shown in the picture, $30 is a little high for them.

The 3.75" figures look okay but nothing about them looks overly impressive.  Not enough to get me to buy.  I wish Playmates had done that scale for the TNG and DS9 line. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2009, 10:14 AM »
I'm assuming the Command Collection is the 12" line based on the soft goods.  The figures look okay but unless they have a lot more packed in with them, that isn't shown in the picture, $30 is a little high for them.

Yup.

Playmates Star Trek Movie Toys Revealed

I still have the Transporter & the Bridge Playset from the 90's. $25 for the Bridge is sure a hell of a lot better than what I paid for the 90's release.  :-\

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 22, 2009, 10:29 AM »
I have the 90's bridge also.  I got it cheap on sale from JC Penny as I recall, that's the only reason I bought it.  I have the Transporter and also the engine room playset which I think released for ST: Generations as I recall.

I collected the TNG line pretty heavily and added some DS9 characters.  I also have Captain Janeway from the Voyager line with maybe one or two other characters, but I was getting out of that line by then. 

I know I have some of the ships that were released.  I forget exactly which, they're all in storage, but I know I had a Klingon Attack Cruiser, Romulan Warbird, a couple Enterprise ships and I think the Excelsior.  I had the DS9 playstation but I sold it.  Kind of wish now I hadn't, it was a cool toy.

I never picked up the Defiant or Voyager but it would have been cool to have all the major NCC ships that were released. 

There were some good, solid items released from Playmates back then. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 22, 2009, 10:51 AM »
I collected the ST Playmates & Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds/Capt Scarlet line long before SW came out in 95, it was the only thing interesting to collect at that time for me. Had quite a few of the figures, ships, 9" line etc... Sold a lot of them, just a few 9" figs left, the Transporter & Bridge, Classic Bridge Figure box set & a loose Voyager ship due to the rarity at the time, still is. I also have some Galoob figs carded.

A lot of ST toys never made it up here so the bay was the way to go but by that time SW was the new focus.  ::)  ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 22, 2009, 12:41 PM »
More pics:

Sulu, old Spock, Uhura, and Pike in the 3.75" scale.

I assume we've all seen this one of the 6" Kirk:

I think I'll stick with the 3.75" stuff.