Author Topic: Look at what I just got or have thread  (Read 51060 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Look at what I just got or have thread
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2012, 11:50 PM »
Yeah, that wave's been hitting my local TRU pretty hard. SS is always gone, but it's nice to grab a Techno- or Hazard Viper when I see one. (For the record, I have SS, but I know peeps still looking for one.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 1, 2012, 08:55 AM »
Scored a SkyStriker, Renegades Scarlett, Tunnel Rat and Rip Cord all for a shade over $20 on clearance at Target.  The SS was $10.48, and I expect that those that have been sitting at full price and then at $17 will move at this price.  This goes into the "future toy box" for my son.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2012, 08:58 AM by Qui-Gon Jim »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Finally found the Dollar General Joe figures yesterday afternoon.  Stopped at a DG on the way back from a tech call.

The figures were not on pegs, they were standing up on a shelf.  They had all 6 so I bought them all because I'm not sure when/if I'll see them again.  I didn't ask if they had more, even though I'd take a couple more Cobra troops and another Duke or two for head swaps.  $40 enough to spend in a "dollar" store...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2012, 10:01 AM »
I started playing on eBay for a somewhat decent price but no dice yet.

Finally hit the POL button....yay
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2012, 12:49 PM »
Man, I need to buy those Resolute sets before they disappear...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2012, 05:27 PM »
Had no clue Shockwave's box was as big as last years Screamer...thought HTS sent me something extra, but here's my haul...I so suck as a photographer as does my camera.

**Sorry for posting this - didn't mean to gloat or rub it in anyones face or anything..   :-\
« Last Edit: August 2, 2012, 09:14 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 5, 2012, 12:56 PM »
Nice. How is the Shockwave Tank? I haven't seen any review on it yet, though I really like the new HISS mold.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 5, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Staying in the box just like Starscream.  Most all of my TF/Joe stuff gets opened, but there are a few special ones that I like to keep in the box like my old days of SW collecting (which was pretty much everything)  I didn't really like the new tank mold compared to those with real working treads so he shall remain a coffin in my collection.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: August 6, 2012, 01:34 AM »
Came home to see a box from a certain someone around these (and other parts) had arrived...  Thanks to him, my brother's got the Jinx figures in his collection, and I really appreciate it!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2012, 12:46 PM »
Guys, those DG Joes seem to be showing up on armybuildable numbers this last week or so, just tryin to drop you guyse some actionable Intel.
And I have saw the Star wats MTT in the wild now

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2012, 02:17 PM »
Doesn't really matter to me.  I have 1 DG that's pretty far out of my way (in another state) and struck out twice going there.  Actually just got my set delivered this morning (ebay) so I can wash my hands of this.  Hope the repaint wave hits Marshalls or TJMaxx.  Would be nice of Hasbro to throw us a bone especially since the movie stuff is almost gone.

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2012, 10:49 AM »
.....bought three fangboats or 8 bucks eack at K marts.
Now I has a Cobra navy!

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2012, 11:24 AM »
This is one of the first times I really wish I could take pics and share with you guys, putting different squads of cobras on these boats.
Regular 30th / POC Cobra troopers look bad ass with about four on each boat, I have enough Black DG troopers to do one whole boat in them.
But the baddest look of all is all three boats loaded out with 30th/ POC Vipers, the colors are just perfect

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2012, 12:57 AM »
Yeah, the Fang Boat is pretty badass. They were all sold out at my local K-Mart (I'd like to get another), but I got a couple other goodies:

Grabbed the Cycle and AWE Striker at K-mart on clearance. Wasn't going to buy them, but I'm kind of weird about collecting drivers, even if they have reduced articulation. Scored the JV at Walgreens, which I'll have to start checking again, because they're restocking with POC stuff. The Steel Brigade and Zombie came from TRU, which is also restocking with 30th Ann. wave 4.

The AWE Striker is awesome. Hasbro gave it a new rollbar, so you can do this:

Thinking I'll go back to K-Mart and grab the other one I saw and customize it to get rid of the Arashikage symbol on the front. It's only $8, but probably gone by now.

Also grabbed these:

Neither of them considered GI Joe's finest moments, but they complete sets. Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 01:03 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2012, 02:17 AM »
This is what happens when I haven't been spending money on Star Wars figures.

E...