Author Topic: 30th Anniversary Line  (Read 50166 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: 30th Anniversary Line
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2012, 01:14 AM »
Well, I was getting too scared about not finding a Storm Shadow for a decent price so I went ahead and ordered a case of wave 3 from BBTS tonight.  I already have Tunnel Rat, Ripcord and Scarlett so I may return those three if I can track down my receipt.  I really only was after one Techno Viper and wasn't sure about the Renegades Cobra Trooper so I'll have to make a decision on those.

But I'm not sure what to do with the Snake Eyes, Firefly and Hazard Viper figures so those may end up for sale.  We'll see. 

Now I have to make a call on wave 4 because I still need Airtight, Law & Order and Lifeline and maybe another Zombie Viper. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20 AM »
I still need Lifeline for myself and my brother...  :(

I found everything else, just need to nab those.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2012, 09:33 AM »
Starting to get worried...Still haven't seen any of the new "classic" Joes out in the wild (or the new Renegades for that matter)  I scored a few Techno Vipers off BBTS a week or three ago, but ya...sucky.  3-4 of my local Targets have had 2 or 3 Joes on the pegs for the past three weeks or so with no restock in back and I need not mention the other store that stopped carrying this line.

Any good places left online to pick these guys up at a decent price?  Not wanting a full case.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2012, 11:12 AM »
Any good places left online to pick these guys up at a decent price?  Not wanting a full case.

No?  Not really. 

Every place I've looked, the singles are sold out except for the army builders, carry forward figures or the ones I was able to find, like Ripcord and Tunnel Rat.  The sets are also either sold out or, and this is probably smart on the sellers end, the sets have been built in such a way that you can't just buy, say, Sci-Fi/Airtight/Law & Order/Lifeline and leave the other stuff.  Sets are like, Airtight/Lifeline/Steel Brigade/Tunnel Rat and then Zombie/Scarlett/Ripcord/Sci-Fi.  So you're basically forced into buying a case anyway since you can't just buy the "new" stuff.

I don't know if I've seen any reports of Target getting wave 3 or newer.  It seems they got wave 2 several times and then nothing leading up to Christmas.  My store has a lone Iron Grenadier on the pegs and that's it.  My Walmart got wave 4 once and a Walmart up the road got either 3 or 4 but I'm leaning towards 3.  I've managed to buy Ripcord, Tunnel Rat, Scarlett, Zombie Viper and Sci-Fi off the pegs but that's it.  Probably should have bought that second Zombie Viper but I'm not going to loose sleep over it like I am Lifeline and Storm Shadow.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2012, 11:53 AM »
I haven't checked lately for single figure availability, but again, I'd recommend looking over at Nerd Rage Toys.  After the discount, the figures cost about the same as they would have at retail, and they were all carefully packaged and minty (if you're into that thing).  They also threw in some vintage figures as a free first time customer bonus or something (nothing I really would have picked, but hey, free's free).

I was worried about this wave being like the Low Light wave, which was scarce at retail, so I preordered and it's a good thing...it's an outstanding wave.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2012, 12:18 PM »
still only saw remnants once teh week of kissmass

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2012, 10:39 PM »
I bought wave 4 when I saw it at TRU, before this I also pre-ordered a case from BBTS and it is on the way to me now.  I only want 1 of each figure (except the Zombie Viper) and I was planning on returning my extras to TRU but I would be glad to help out if someone wants to buy the extras from me for cost plus shipping. 

ps - I will add that I still need a Renegades Storm Shadow
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:48 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2012, 12:11 AM »
I just need the 2 Lifelines if anyone has them...  Beyond that, I'm pretty well set thanks to a lucky WM walk-in right before Christmas.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2012, 11:30 AM »
all I have found sine wave 2 is ONE Zombie
I really wantmost of wave 4
and a damn Storm Shadow~!!!!!!!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2012, 12:12 PM »
I hear Walgreens "kinda" carries this line for $10-$13 a pop so I may try there and see what turns up.  They don't get full on cases though - just scraps here and there from their distribution centers.  None of my fellow "tanker" guys have had any luck finding new stuff locally either so....we got sharted...

I guess HTS threw up a buncha cases last night or this morning, but they all got gobbled up.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 12:23 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2012, 04:09 PM »
hey guys
have the Wal Marts near you finished the reset they are doing recently? if they have, did they pit out any wave 3 or 4? or any Joes at ALL?
Im wondering if I shold try and be at ne the morning after they set the new style up...thanks in advance for any help

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2012, 08:58 PM »
I went to my local super WM today and it has been reset.  Joe figs were on the plannogram but the pegs were empty.  This particular WM used to be decent about stocking toys but it has gone down the crapper since Hasbro reps came through and did their purge.  They seriously only had 2 Vintage Obi Wan figures on the pegs for months.  Perhaps they are catching up because they did have TPM wave stocked this afternoon in the SW section.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2012, 12:27 AM »
My local store did the reset, but no new stuff on the pegs. I received my wave 4 from a seller on ebay late last week, so I'm caught up myself. Just keeping my eyes open, though.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2012, 12:46 AM »
Same here, aisle reset but no stock.

E...

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2012, 09:04 AM »
I am waiting to hear back on a possible trade opportunity, but after I get that squared away I should have close to one of each, if not all of a case of wave 4 up for grabs.  Figures will be for my cost, $9.62 each, plus shipping

just thought I would throw the possibility of this option out there for those still looking.  Whatever no one wants I will just return to TRU.

I will post an update after I hear back on this trade hopefully today.