Author Topic: Batman - The Dark Knight Rises  (Read 47652 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Batman - The Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2011, 11:17 PM »
The first teaser is apparently attached to Green Lantern this weekend, and has - for the moment - shown up online:

http://comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/news/?a=39689

Nothing to get too excited about, no footage or anything like that - sort of similar to the first Dark Knight trailer if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was revealed that this was apparently a fake (I know it wasn't attached to GL when we saw it).

Hmm.  Well what about this one?

Actually, after watching it again, I'm a little skeptical.  Seems fishy they'd release a trailer that is 95% footage from the other movies.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:21 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2011, 02:52 AM »
Charlie Bros is pulling all of the official trailers from the internet... no clue why
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2011, 07:45 AM »

Hmm.  Well what about this one?

Actually, after watching it again, I'm a little skeptical.  Seems fishy they'd release a trailer that is 95% footage from the other movies.

That one is the real one - apparently it's attached to HP7 part 2.

As for reusing footage, remember it's only a teaser - just enough to get the fanboys excited (not that this movie needs the excitement).  And remember the teaser from The Dark Knight - it was mostly words from the movie with the Joker laughing at the end.

And the teaser poster
Common sense isn't so common

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52 AM »
There's something about that poster I really like.
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2011, 11:14 AM »

Is it the subliminal unicorn?

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Batception!

Also it took me like 5 minutes to notice the Batman logo when I first saw the poster. :-[
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2011, 01:51 PM »

Is it the subliminal unicorn?

Well, when you put it that way...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2011, 07:20 PM »
I don't know. I still see the unicorn.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2011, 11:55 AM »
They ran a trailer in front of Harry Potter last night.  Scenes from previous films with a voice over, then they cut in a few bits that look to be from the new film, including Gordon speaking to, I'm assuming, Batman, and a quick shot of Bane.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2011, 08:31 PM »
Saw the teaser today in front of HP as well.  Not a lot of new stuff obviously, but still kind of cool just knowing it is on the way.  Seems like they are really pushing the "end of the Dark Knight saga" type of angle, with this being Nolan's final film.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I know Nolan has said it's his last film, but I find it hard to believe that they won't take a couple year break and come out with a fourth one if the money's right.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2011, 09:34 PM »
I'm sure there will be another Batman film after this one.  But it won't have Nolan and it won't have Bale and it'll probably be some type of "reboot" that may or may not backtrack on anything we've already seen.  You know, just like every other franchise that makes money for the studios.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2011, 10:13 AM »
Yeah, I have a feeling that if Nolan/Bale are indeed done, this franchise will get a sort of semi-reboot as well (similar to Spidey).  I know everyone dreads the reboot word, but I think that may be the future of a lot of comic book movies as actors get too old or directors want to move on.  I guess in some ways it is similar to comic books when the creative teams move on.  The thing is, for many of these heroes, I think it would help if they didn't have to re-hash the origins over and over again.  There might be less complaining then.  I have to say, for as much as I love these Nolan Batman movies (and they are great), if they do start somewhat fresh next time I wouldn't mind seeing a little more "fun" version where the Robin (Dick Grayson) character could actually be introduced and not be stupid.  Definitely not like the horrible older movies, but maybe a shade lighter than the Dark Knight saga as well.  Anyways, still looking forward to "Rises" next year, and I'm sure it will be great.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: August 4, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Yeah that fight's taking place on the steps of CMU's one building.  They had 5th Avenue through the Oakland section of Pittsburgh (where all the colleges are pretty much) shut down for filming.  It's a giant fight/riot scene.  Lots of people and fake snow (which it's been blue blazing hot here and humid, so I weep for those people in the coats).

They've also been shutting Bigelow Blvd. down a lot which runs above the Allegheny River kind of, into the same general area as 5th Ave.

One of our local news guys got married the one day they were filming and was allowed to have a pic with his new wife in the Batmobile, which looked like it had tan or grey camo on it or something.

A couple of the guys are going to Heinz Field on Saturday while they film a fictional football game with the "Gotham Rogues" there, and one of the local collectors got a paid extra gig with costume fittings and stuff.  He's quite ecstatic about that. ;D  I'm too busy to make the trek down at all, but wanted to try for an extra's part.  Would've been fun.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77