Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 252419 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #30 on: December 3, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Mine didn't come in the mail today :-[

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: December 3, 2010, 11:28 PM »
Photos from Rebelscum forumite Bantha5:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 3, 2010, 11:45 PM »
A... good... rebel... fleet.... trooper?!?!? *gasp* Such a thing cannot truly exist!  :P

I'm looking forward to all of the figures, and will DEFINITELY be army building the Rebel Trooper. The Rebel doesn't look too much like the Scrambos, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Bom looks badass, especially with that cool looking rifle. Also, is Barriss from the cartoon series? I know the picture is from the cartoon, but the figure doesn't look animated.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 3, 2010, 11:45 PM »
Jesse, please tell me this RFT puts a smile on your face...  :)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 4, 2010, 01:21 AM »
Bom looks good, see he has the obligatory holster.

Weequay I'll hold judgement on until final product.

Rebel Trooper, I fear, as others do, he'll be too tall. *crosses fingers*

Barriss Offee looks okay. This is her first action figure. Yes, something was released years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was a 3 3/4" statue.

Evazan might turn out well...heck, couldn't be worse than the old version.

Bastilla Shan...no idea who that is...reserve judgement on...even though no EU character should be made before Mosep. Or Solomahal for that matter. It's okay if they release Ms. Shan before Reegesk and Tzizvvt, but one them should be in the wave immediately after her.

VIVA MIXED WAVES, btw. No a Solo or Kenobi or Skywalker in sight. (I'm daydreaming, they'll appear! EN MASSE.)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 4, 2010, 02:02 AM »
Is it me, or does that Weequay Skiff Master look overly bulky? Is that supposed to be a part of his design?

Although it's too early to tell so far, Bastilla looks great so far. There's a lot of movement sculpted into the robes, which is a good sign that Hasbro's at least trying to deliver a good sculpt for a Fan's Choice figure.

Rebel fleet trooper... awesome! That's all I can say...

Would have liked Aayla Secura in place of Bariss, but it's also a good sculpt. Her cape looks a tad bulky, probably because of the material, but it's alright, I guess. To answer someone's question above, no, it's not based on her animated appearance, but on her Ep.II appearance.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: December 4, 2010, 02:45 AM »
I'm kind of tied up this weekend, but once I see that the helmet's removable, the holster functions and holds the blaster nicely, that the holster actually connects to the belt, that he isn't goony tall, and that the finer details are all nice and done well, then sure I'll say he's good enough.

As of right now though, I like the articulation, the colors look good, the sculpt looks nice and crisp/up-to-date.

The rest remains to be seen (for sure).  After 11 years, i'm hardly going to jump for joy at simply a photo.  ;D

Right now, if I have a complaint, it's that the vest is now molded-on and non-removable.  Hasbro's gotten away from removable vests and it sucks a bit.  I could be wrong again, photo's tough to say, but I'm guessing it's all one piece.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 4, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Would have liked Aayla Secura in place of Bariss, but it's also a good sculpt. Her cape looks a tad bulky, probably because of the material, but it's alright, I guess. To answer someone's question above, no, it's not based on her animated appearance, but on her Ep.II appearance.

Sure is confusing based on their picture choice...WTF?

I don't recall that outfit but I probably blinked and missed it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #38 on: December 4, 2010, 09:31 AM »
WOW!  Now that's what I want to see!  NEW OT figures.  See?  It's not hard to put a smile on my face.

These look really nice.  Weequay is a bit bulky, but after the mazing Wooof, I trust this will look slightly better in person.  I think that the rebel's vest is sculpted on so that his collar can go over the vest, which makes sense to me.

Ezavan looks prefect.  The gut, the crooked belt, the shirt hanging below the belt.  Perfect.  Thes are going to be amazing on the cards!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: December 4, 2010, 10:06 AM »
I see in the article that Tarkin, Dash Rendar and Guri are on their wishlist to do next from the poll.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2010, 10:14 AM by Scott »

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 4, 2010, 10:50 AM »
Rebel Fleet Trooper looks like it could finally defeat that deal done by Hasbro with Satan.

The others mean nothing to me but look well sculpted.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 4, 2010, 10:55 AM »
After an unexciting wave 4 and a blah wave 5, I'm excited again. Can't wait for better pictures of the RFT, but it looks very promising.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #42 on: December 4, 2010, 11:06 AM »

Bastilla Shan...no idea who that is...reserve judgement on...even though no EU character should be made before Mosep. Or Solomahal for that matter. It's okay if they release Ms. Shan before Reegesk and Tzizvvt, but one them should be in the wave immediately after her.

Bastilla Shan is one of the main characters from the Knights of the Old Republic game.  I'm really looking forward to that figure!

The RFT looks like it has swivel elbows a opposed to ball and socket.  To me that is unacceptable, I hope the picture isn't showing the elbows correctly.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #43 on: December 4, 2010, 11:20 AM »
I think it is just the angle of the photo. I can't imagine that in this day and age that they'd produce a new figure with those angle cut elbows.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #44 on: December 4, 2010, 11:49 AM »
The magazine sort of twists right where his elbow is, which will skew the image.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com