Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6  (Read 93971 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 6
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2011, 11:33 AM »
I got my shipment yesterday from EE.com, a day quicker than BBTS...and a site sponser!!!! ;)

Cool, but I paid $16 less for shipping for two cases. That's worth waiting a day. (Can you tell I am pro BBTS?) Thanks for the reviews I cannot wait to get these in hand! I love the pace of the releases with no drought. Keep them coming!

I am a big fan of BBTS and Joel too and have been a customer since early in their game. But sponsorship has its privileges.

I'm loving the new Dagobah Landing Luke despite the lack of weathering. I didn't realize how dramatic a color difference there was between it and the Snowspeeder version. I glad they went that route though as it lends itself well to making a more accurate Snowspeeder flightsuit with the mis-match color of the pants and jacket.

I had not even thought about that.  I know what i am doing when I find a spare Luke!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:35 AM by Paul »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2011, 11:44 AM »
A quick photoshop mockup* (custom one in the middle):

*I realize he's supposed to have a lighter coat and dark pants but it's just to show how the colors look together.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:47 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2011, 04:04 PM »
I figured I'd start with the AOTC style Clone resculpt...  It's pretty impressive, however I don't think you need to toss your old "SA" (which "Super articulated" is now sort of funny by comparison), but I think they'll blend well enough.

As it turns out, the original 2003 SA clone sculpt and all of it's rereleases, which was the best clone to date, is still the best likeness and the best looking!

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2011, 04:09 PM »
JACKOFTRADZE, ARE YOU LISTENING?!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2011, 04:51 PM »
I like both sculpts...  The new one is really tall though, far more than I realized at first.  It's cool but it's almost another scale.  I'm going to get a couple more just to have some guys to blend in with my SA Troops...

If figures were cheaper I'd probably try to replace anyone who'd yellowed that I have though, but at $8.99 I won't be doing that much replacing, not by a longshot.  2 extras will probably be my limit on the new Phase 1 Clone.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2011, 04:55 PM »
I like both sculpts...  The new one is really tall though, far more than I realized at first.  It's cool but it's almost another scale.  I'm going to get a couple more just to have some guys to blend in with my SA Troops...

If figures were cheaper I'd probably try to replace anyone who'd yellowed that I have though, but at $8.99 I won't be doing that much replacing, not by a longshot.  2 extras will probably be my limit on the new Phase 1 Clone.

Yeah, he's too tall, he's too skinny (just a tad bulkier than the animated clones) and the helmet is inferior to the 2003 Phase I clone and all it's rereleases.

Still the best!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2011, 05:00 PM »
I don't mind the helmet actually, I kind of like it.  I just don't foresee me spending a ton to get a lot of this guy.  I like him though, I just can't justify the price of him, regardless of how much I like it.

I figure I have to prep for the RFT since he's the only figure I'll still buy a lot of.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2011, 06:11 PM »
About white clone trooper: tvc version is taller and slimmer than the original 2003 release.
The risk of slimmer versions is that they lose the appearance of a normal configuration
the slimmer the figure, the most it looks like animated style.

I want to talk about VC44 Luke Dagobah Landing

advance in depiction: the helmet has the most complete paintjob ever, only missing the part for the phone
it is also the first time a Lukeīs blaster comes with brown handle

Head sculpt is very accurate.

retreat in depiction
all silver buttons of the front of the figure are missing in the paintjob, specially on his utility belt.
the figure is a bit smaller than tlc snowspeeder version, which is based upon.

A

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2011, 06:17 PM »
an aditional thought about vc 44 Luke

It seems according to the pics on 2 websites, that there are 2 different paintjob finishes

on bantahskull, the version with the less accomplished paintjob: part of the interior of the holster is orange instead of brown, and the bands of the boots are very faded pinted.

On yakface we see the average version: holster brown in the interior and bands of the boots light gray.

For the advance of interpretation of the character, we will find more discerning versions when the Attakus metal Dagobah Landing Luke will be released. At current time we donīt have the finished work of Attakus to compare both figures of the same scale.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I got my case yesterday and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with what I thought was going to be a ho hum wave. 

The Clone Trooper is an exceptional upgrade.  Like most I doubt I will get many of him (I only have three of the 2003 version).

Luke is yet another knockout version of a character Hasbro spent years getting wrong.

Lando is a figure I did not need and yet he is also very, very good.

The Weequay is not as spectacular as say Giran or even Woolf but he's been on my all time list forever, so hell yeah.

The Jedi, didn't need him, awesome (notice a trend?)

The AT-RT Trooper - ditto.  Absolutely unnecessary, but another excellent offering. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2011, 11:28 AM »
Wave 6 in stock at HTS.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: March 11, 2011, 05:12 PM »
And they're pretty much gone it seems.   :-\  Didn't last long.  Lots of Wave 4 and 5 figures in though, for those whov'e had trouble getting those waves.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2011, 11:19 PM »
Dang. Well, I did get two Senate Guards and Kup from the TF line, so not a bad haul. HTS10 is still good.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2011, 03:50 AM »
Wave 6 is out and I haven't seen wave 4.

Fantastic.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2011, 12:31 PM »
tvc General Lando depiction is very cool
they made an effort to show details such as wrist watch, bandolier, buttons in the collar of the shirt, wich were already on saga version, but is the chance to test a superarticulated version

I think the solid sculpt of previous saga is not diminished with this version, it could serve for dioramas were Lando is stand up, like the briefing room.

This tvc version is ideal to fit in the BMF cabin... well playable figure, decent, fine.