Author Topic: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9  (Read 90027 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 04:10 PM »
According to us too, via our front page coverage from the presentation.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 04:47 PM »
According to us too, via our front page coverage from the presentation.   :-\

Sorry I missed it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 04:50 PM »
 ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2011, 11:35 PM »
that 2 vintage figures knock off the list (edited- I am talking about the deck officer and kitaba from wave 8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 11:38 PM by Matt R. »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 02:26 AM »
So the latest rumor is Darth Maul, Jar Jar Binks and R2-A5 being the second half of this wave.

R2-A5 is the Mos Eisley astromech droid that was removed from ANH and replaced by a Ronto's leg that looked bad.

I guess that's what they meant by deleted scene figures. I just hope they make original edition Sy Snootles so some folks can eat space-crow.  ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 11:14 PM »
When I read this rumor list I had to go back and do some research.  Because I could've sworn that R2-A5 had been covered in the EE exclusive Astromech 5-packs.  Much to my chagrin, I was mistaken.  I'm glad to see Hasbro taking on this particular R2 unit, even if it ammounts to a glorified repaint.  Astromechs may not be as common in the line these days.  But they're like Clone Troopers - an existing sculpt/tool that Hasbro can apply some different paint apps to, and voila!  New figure!

Darth Maul?  It's certainly not a surprise that Hasbro would touch on him.  He's a popular character.  Will it be the kind of Darth Maul collectors want?  That's debatable.  Because I could see this offering being a slightly different offering of the Evolutions Maul on a TVC card, and the selling point would be "It's the first Darth Maul on a vintage card".  But with TPM coming out in 3D next year, I could see Hasbro getting more of Darth Maul to market.  Perhaps a kid focused one, and then a collector focused one.  Perhaps my cynicism on resculpts of main characters is showing, but Hasbro has had quite a track record of doing this with SO many main characters that I refuse to be surprised by that sort of thing any more.

Jar Jar?  This is one that I am genuinely surprised to see on a 2011 rumor list.  Perhaps it will be part of some sort of TPM preview wave?  We haven't seen anything like that since early 2005, and maybe it's an idea Hasbro would like to revisit.

As for hopes for a theatrical version of Sy Snootles?  Hey, you can definitely be hopeful, scockery.  My own optimism for that is low.  And this is coming from someone who thinks the new "Jedi Rocks" musical number sucks, and that "Laptinek" was much better musically, and fit the Jabba's Palace scenes much better.  I think since there have been some changes at the Hasbro Star Wars team I have lower expectations from some of the marketing folks in that group.  And they're some of the ones that help steer character choices for the line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 12:40 AM »
Sy Snootles probably wouldn't make my top 20 list of most wanted figures, actually.

The mention of deleted scene figures doesn't cover a whole lot of ground (remaining  ROTJ sandstorm characters), unless there's some scenes no one knows about. I'm thinking original Sy has a better chance, then say the Amidala family from AOTC.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 01:28 AM »
If you thought Bail Organa and Breha Organa were pegwarmers, imagine what the Naberrie family would be!  That would be nothing short of a disaster.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jimree

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 01:42 AM »
I can't wait for Bastila Shan, bring on the Old Republic
Member of PA Star Wars Collecting Society
Twitter - @Jawa_Jim
Instagram - Jawa_Jim

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 09:01 AM »
It's interesting. I have no interest in picking up any of the EU figures, but just yesterday, my buddy, who could care less about SW figures, happened to see a picture of the Bastila Shan figure and asked me to pick one up for him when I see it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 11:20 PM »
I am *really* happy they're getting around to making R2-A5. It always bothered me that they deleted an entire character in the SE.

My most wanted Mos Eisley droid now has to be the R2 unit with the black dome w/blue panels that is seen cruising by 3PO while he waits outside the cantina.  Another pretty unique look that would make a great figure!

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #26 on: May 2, 2011, 07:51 AM »
I noticed the threads jumped from Wave 7 to Wave 9.  What is Wave 8?  Did I miss that thread?  Who's in it?
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #27 on: May 2, 2011, 09:32 AM »
I noticed the threads jumped from Wave 7 to Wave 9.  What is Wave 8?  Did I miss that thread?  Who's in it?

Wave 8

Final Line-Up is:
Kithaba
Dr Evazan
Aayla Secura
Nom Anor
501st Clone Trooper
« Last Edit: May 2, 2011, 09:33 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9 (or is it 10 now?)
« Reply #28 on: July 6, 2011, 03:54 PM »
More new pics:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 "Vintage" Collection Wave 9 (or is it 10 now?)
« Reply #29 on: July 6, 2011, 04:13 PM »
Incredible!