Author Topic: Marvel Legends 2010  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« on: June 7, 2010, 12:32 PM »
I've been in the process of condensing down and re-arranging the collection room, and recently worked on the Marvel/DC stuff, so I had to bump this thread up again.  I know we don't really see much in the way of Legends stuff anymore, aside from the occasional wave of 2 packs at TRU, but as I looked at each of these up close again when I was setting things up...it really was/is a nice line.  I've been one (of the few?) that's been collecting the Marvel Universe stuff, and although it has taken a big step up in quality in the last few waves (and Iron Man movie stuff), I have to say it still sort of pales in comparison to the nice run of Legends that we got.  I had to pack some of the "lesser" characters away due to space issues, but even the big guns and other team members look great.  There are still some I'd like to get to fill in spots (I wish Hawkeye wasn't so expensive on ebay most of the time), and I sort of hope we continue to see more of these two packs put out every so often.  After a rocky start, the Hasbro stuff has been fairly good recently too - at least from the ones I've seen and/or picked up.  Anyways, just had to bump this up in appreciation.  The 3 3/4" stuff sure is easier to display as far as space goes, but many of the Legends feel more like "collectibles" than toys - maybe a little bit better quality, at least in some cases.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I'm with you Brian.  I have a very extensive ML Avengers collection, along with a few odds and end figures, and they are one of my favorite displays by far.  The sculpts and articulation are really good - I wish the line had lasted a bit longer.  I'm picking up Marvel Universe counterparts and am really happy to see these in SW scale, but I agree - they pale in comparsion to the big Legends figs.  I've gone so far as to actually pick up a handful of core Avengers in the Icons/12" scale as well.  There are some really great 1/6th style pieces out there to help scratch that Marvel itch.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Just bumping this up after reading some notes from the Hasbro Marvel presentation HERE.  Sounds like Hasbro announced that Marvel Legends will make a full return in 2012 (as in, not just TRU exclusive two packs, but the regular line).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 06:41 PM »
Interesting to see the 6" line back.  Not a ton I'm looking forward to from Marvel - they'll have to do something pretty amazing with IM, Cap, and Thor to get me interested in those lines.  I guess an accuracte Captain America might do it.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:44 AM »
About ******* time.

If they release some of the characters that made into the way-overpriced-way-overhyped-that-pissed-off-and-******-over-loyal-6" Legends-fans MU line like the Wrecking Crew, Klaw, Enchantress, etc. I'll be happy.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 01:45 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of excited for the return of Legends.  And, honestly, as one of the few who here who has made the transition over to the Universe line, I'll likely be buying a lot less of that going forward.  Although I think the quality has improved, and the size is a lot more display-friendly, all in all I still like my Legends figures better as overall display pieces.  I can understand that we'll likely see Hasbro's own take on the "big guns" when the line returns (Spidey, Cap, Wolverine, Iron Man, etc.), and I'm ok with that if they balance the waves similar to what we see in DCUC.  Heck, I thought that last couple of Legends waves under Hasbro (and the two packs since) have largely been pretty well done.  If they are going to hit the big guys again, I wouldn't mind seeing the more recent incarnations of them (Bucky Cap, Secret Avengers Steve, the new costume Thor, Heroic Age Iron Man, etc.) since we already have nice "originals" from the Toy Biz days.  I agree though Mikey, I hope we see a lot of the characters we've already gotten in MU (MJ, Wrecking Crew, modern Luke Cage, Klaw, etc.)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 10:11 PM »
I'm always torn between the 4" guys and the 6" guys and this just tears me even more. Both have their pros and cons. That said I like Legends, great sculpts and articulation, and I never really had a beef with Hasbro's besides their inability to spare a drop of paint on their figures. I suppose it depends on the character selection, I think I'll ultimately stick with the smaller scale in terms of bscurity, simply due to me not needing big versions of obscure characters hogging too much shelf space. I'll probably just stick to the A listers and maybe a few B's when these come back. Of course it's easy to say that having not seen anything yet. They just might win me over once we see the first look.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 02:17 PM »
I found the latest round of Legends 2 packs at our local TRU this morning, although they all seemed to be the "variant" versions.  I was on the lookout for these primarily because I missed the earlier versions of Deadpool and Black Widow.  I settled for the Black Widow/Winter Soldier pack (Widow has a grey bodysuit), and was tempted to get the Deadpool one (blue/yellow suit) - but really I want the regular version of Deadpool so I decided to wait and take my chances.  Plus, I didn't necessarily want/need the Warpath he comes with, so I didn't want to spend $25 for just the blue/yellow Deadpool.  They had two of each pack (Widow/Winter Soldier, Deadpool/Warpath, Hulk/Valkyrie) stuck on a shelf sort of below some t-shirts, but away from the rest of the Marvel stuff a bit.  As a side note, they also had a newer way of the 6" Spidey (including the newer Lizard with cloth lab coat, which I picked up).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Marvel Legends 2010
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Is anyone still seeing these sets? I went out looking for them today, hit up 4 TRUs and no luck with any.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Is anyone still seeing these sets? I went out looking for them today, hit up 4 TRUs and no luck with any.

I saw them about a month ago (both the original versions and the variants), but pratically threw them in disgust when I checked the price and found they were $35 per 2pk.  TRU pricing is just ridiculous.  I'll find the ones I need on Ebay or pass on them.  >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 12:44 PM »
I haven't seen the TRU 2 packs for quite awhile either, and never did see the regular Deadpool pack (which was the one I wanted).  Our store actually had all of the variant packs sitting for a bit, though they still sold through, and then must have gotten the "regular" versions at some point because I was able to get the Black Widow/Winter Soldier pack.  I never got the Legends Deadpool, so I was hoping to get the 2 pack, so hopefully they may still be shipping.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #11 on: January 9, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Kind of a long shot, but does anyone have an extra Black Widow from the TRU 2-pack?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 9, 2012, 10:41 PM »
Never did pick that one up.  I think the two packs were $34.99 by the time they were released here  ::)  Sorry.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 09:19 AM »
Ouch! I guess that's par for the course with Hasbro.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram