Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73755 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #210 on: January 2, 2016, 02:52 PM »
Looks like all the WD building sets have gone on clearance at Target and Walmart. I picked up a few more prison cells for $6.48, and Dale's RV for an astounding $14.98!

Looking forward to starting a cool diorama with all these next this year.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 5, 2016, 08:40 AM »
WD figures are now on clearance @ Gamestop...picked up all of Series 8 for $10 each.  :)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 25, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Saw the Beth, T Dog, Dale guts wave at TRU today. $18 each. Ouch.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2016, 04:05 PM »
Yeah, it's a kick in the pants for sure, especially with Walgreens and Gamestop clearancing them out and seemingly unlikely to carry this last wave. I ordered a set online and used some rewards points but it was still a lot.

I've been complaining elsewhere but I'll throw it out here too: I think it SUCKS that McF is dropping the 5" TV series line. After all this time you suddenly decide to switch scales? For a bunch of unarticulated statues? NO THANKS.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 25, 2016, 04:21 PM »
Yeah, it's a kick in the pants for sure, especially with Walgreens and Gamestop clearancing them out and seemingly unlikely to carry this last wave. I ordered a set online and used some rewards points but it was still a lot.

I've been complaining elsewhere but I'll throw it out here too: I think it SUCKS that McF is dropping the 5" TV series line. After all this time you suddenly decide to switch scales? For a bunch of unarticulated statues? NO THANKS.

I didn't even know that. That does suck. Are we talking 5 POA like the Star Wars stuff or literally statues?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2016, 09:15 AM »
I think they have some very limited articulation, but nowhere near the level they do now.

I received my Wave 9 figures from TRU.com yesterday, fantastic effort all around. At least they went out with a bang.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 2, 2016, 09:29 AM »
FYI, some of these guys are starting to show up at ROSS (Dress for Less Success) if you need 'em. I picked up a Flu Walker for $5.99 yesterday. Not quite as good as the $5 Gamestop clearance from awhile back, but not too shabby.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Just in time for the season premiere, I finally found the new Daryl & Motorcycle 5" set at TRU today. Man it seems like forever ago that they first showed this off. It was supposed to be the very last TV style 5" toy until they announced Aaron and Constable Rick-io. Can't wait for those guys!

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2016, 02:57 PM »
Saw the new comic book wave at TRU. How can you not want the Glenn smashed in head?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 2, 2016, 08:38 PM »
Found some Woodbury Ricks @ ROSS today for the low, low price of $3.99. I think that's the cheapest I've ever seen for this line. Had to pick up a couple at that price.

Also been seeing a few of the building sets popping up randomly at Ross, Tuesday Morning, etc. I grabbed another Governors Room set for $13.   ;D

Walgreens exclusive Constable Rick and Aaron should be hitting any day now...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2016, 01:58 PM »
The brand new Walgreens exclusive Constable Rick figure is out! I stumbled across one at lunch today, very cool surprise. Hopefully Aaron shows up soon.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2017, 12:07 PM »
Major wish granted this weekend with McF reveal of an upcoming TV Negan/Glenn 2-pack.  ;D ;D

Also TV Sasha coming to Walmart. So happy they relented on killing off the 5" TV line.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Major wish granted this weekend with McF reveal of an upcoming TV Negan/Glenn 2-pack.  ;D ;D

Also TV Sasha coming to Walmart. So happy they relented on killing off the 5" TV line.

I'm excited for that TV 2 pack too, but....... weren't you one of the biggest "haters" of the TV Negan/Glenn outcome?

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2017, 08:37 PM »

I'm excited for that TV 2 pack too, but....... weren't you one of the biggest "haters" of the TV Negan/Glenn outcome?

For sure, but not having Negan as a TV figure was just such a glaring omission, I'm just relieved they will finally make one. And Sasha too for that matter. Glad to get anything out of this line really.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2017, 09:53 PM »
Picked up Walgreens exclusive Aaron today. Awesome figure, one of the best humans they have done. Can't wait for Sasha!