Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread  (Read 106977 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Four Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2011, 11:07 AM »
I liked this last story arc up until Krell let us know what he was really up to. I don't know, it felt too forced. I like that all Jedi aren't necessarily drinking the Koolaid, but I feel like it was a little much.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2011, 12:17 AM »
That Ninja Turtle of Krell deserved death, cause clones proved major dignity than him.

Only some difficulty in the hunt for Krell as he fought like Grievous...the clones didn´t use grenades or concussion missils against turtle jedi. A bit naif he deflected 20 blasters at same time, while Ki Adi Mundi was eliminated fast by his troops on rots.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:17 AM by EpicGon »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2011, 09:52 PM »
KIDNAPPED.

I liked when the battle droid rubbed his hand over his head (like stroking back hair) as he broke the bad news to the slaver guy. It was totally goofy.

Not sure why they are deploying commando droids as biker riders and tank operators, seems like a waste.

Anyone else a tad annoyed the BARC speeder sidercars were different than the toy version. I'm sure we can expect an updated version not soon... :P

Sniper droideka? Never seen those before.

Obi-Wan can force-crush droids like that...he must hold back a lot. He's been held back a lot, this is like his first major role all season.

In a galaxy of easily mass produced droids, how are slaves economical?

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2011, 10:00 PM »
Besides all the logic questions you bring up there (and Ahsoka's last minute "These are my people" - really?  Now you're concerned?), the show was actually pretty good.  The direction and action were excellent.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Interesting.  The series has finally taken on a storyline that was previously explored in Dark Horse comics.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline TheSon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2011, 08:52 AM »
Scockery,

My first thought on the commando droids was, here comes another deluxe pack with no cost to Hasbro that no one will buy. My "No Prize" answer is that production is up at the facility where they are manufactured, and after a careful cost to productivity analysis they were deemed a good choice for general battle. This could also open up the opportunity for a new droid factory assault (wherever they are being made) arc to explain why we don't see any commandos in ROTS. Palpatine would want to cripple the droid  production right at the end of the war. (also evidenced in their disappearance from episodes 4-6).

The sniper destroyers were cool, but how hard would it be to slap a shield generator on there?

I know I won't be buying any "new sidecars" but they worked well in the episode.

I think we got to see a little dark side Obi when he crushed the droids. After taking a beating from Wolverine's cousin for most of the episode, I could imagine he was ready to force choke everyone else in the tower.

The only thought I had on the slaves issue was they had little cost, capture insert hidden explosive and sell. That would keep the overall cost down and allow for a small business owner like Watto to own one or two instead of a droid.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2011, 10:15 AM »
I think the slavers and the big darker issue at hand is the 'it's not a moon. It's a space station." I wonder if we'll get to see the beginnings of the Death Star (though I believe the end of Sith was good enough to show it was being constructed).

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 27, 2011, 03:45 PM »
The action was well directed on episode 11, better secuence of fighting
but Obi Wan could have delivered more strikes and not stand like a punching bag.

Dooku´s head is still extremely conic kinda Ki adi mundi´s
and Yoda´s head is very oblique, the original esb rotj puppet had a better proportion for
the traits of his face.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:47 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2011, 10:43 PM »
New preview was posted... costumes are always fun.  Won't make for new figures apparantly.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 2, 2011, 09:02 PM »
"Slaves of the Rebulic" sort of answered my question, the Zygerians enslave others because they have a sadistic culture and beings like the Hutts want slaves mainly for amusement/pleasure, not so much hard labor.

Spoilers ahead:

Monkey lizard knife fight.

A cameo of the monocled Hutt.

The winged monsters are too zillo-beastly for me, kind of distracting.

A suicide in a kid's show.  :o

It seems aliens are 70%  more likely to be enslaved if they have tails growing from their heads (lekku)...Kit Fisto's people better watch out!

Totally failed rescue, totally failed escape attempt...total nods to ROTJ.

Poor Rex not a catching a break. Tough year for him...which is worse, because it's like two years to him compared to normal humans.

Anakin choking a beyotch..can we say that here? I mean she was. Alluring, though, in her long-necked, big eared way. No spikes on her jaw...gender differences, I guess.

Innocent civilians casually murdered while Kenobi helplessly watches.

And stuff that'll never see toy form.  :(

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 2, 2011, 10:14 PM »
That episode was worth it for the ROTJ send up alone. It is kinda weird that this is the SECOND suicide that has happened on this show.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #191 on: December 3, 2011, 11:46 AM »
Right, the first one (nearly identical) was in the Death Watch arc.  Loved the ROTJ nod.  There was also a skiff that floated past at one point.  Liking the arc.  Part of me wishes they'd dig even deeper into the slavery underbelly of the Republic, and why Anakin is so angry.  As a kid in TPM, it wasn't really there; is it now because Shmi died?  I do like they're getting into it though.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 4, 2011, 04:43 PM »
Wow, I watched Fri night's episode having no idea there was a new one last week. I can't believe I spaced that, I guess I assumed because of the holidays they would take a week off. Luckily I was able to watch both back-to-back via On-Demand in HD, so I am all caught up.

Couple of things stood out to me:

That was probably the coolest sequence ever involving a BARC Speeder in last week's ep, actually made me want Hasbro to release yet another of these, only with rotating sidecar with gun mount. That was really well choreographed.

Yeah, the ROTJ teases were pretty cool, not too over the top. Agreed that there were a lot of great toys from this arc so far we will never see. The Queen, the flying Zillo beastie, Ahsoka in Slave Garb, the Slaver ship, etc. So many missed opportunities!

More and more, I am convinced the Jedi come up with some really half-assed sloppy plans. It's typically the same thing every time, some simplistic feint that goes awry and forces them to rely on their awesome powers to cheat death and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. (After a lot of wasted time and needless suffering by everybody)

Brilliant plotters they aren't.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 5, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Was nice to see a Hutt again and the ROTJ nods were pretty nifty.  Obi-Wan sure gets his ass kicked alot.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 5, 2011, 04:33 PM »
Obi-Wan sure gets his ass kicked alot.

Yeah, with the ability to manipulate things via the Force, they sometimes forget to use It.