Author Topic: 12" Modal Nodes  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
12" Modal Nodes
« on: April 30, 2011, 12:55 AM »
Sometimes I'm a little dismayed when SS goes over some of the obscure stuff Hasbro already did, like in this case they've teased that we're getting Figrin D'An & The Modal Nodes...

Still, I'm sure they'll do an outstanding job.  I just sometimes wish they'd look less at that stuff since Hasbro's actually weren't horrible by any means, and this is one of those characters that is kind of meh to me.  Neat, but not as exciting as a Clone or whatnot I guess. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_shadow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: 12" Modal Nodes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:36 PM »
I will definitely pass on these.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2011, 08:01 PM »
I will pass as well. I am still waiting on the Rebo Band though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2011, 03:48 AM »
I'm not a BIG guy for anything but the Militaries line, but these kind of caught my interest a little, I just wish SS would focus less on stuff that was done by Hasbro...  Yeah, Hasbro doesn't do as nicely, but when it comes to obscurity like Bib Fortuna, or Modal Nodes (the entire friggin' band too, which all look alike, so feels even more painful to buy at a high price), I'm kinda ok with SS skipping them for something else that didn't get made.  A Blue and Red snaggletooth, for instance?  I'd be all over that and don't even collect the non-military stuff.

Or other aliens...  Skip the stuff that already had one effort, especially when really stuff like that Hasbro Bib Fortuna wasn't bad either.  It's definitely not their weakest effort.

The Modal Nodes are sure to make a lot of folks happy, I just am not sure they're where SS should've put their focus.  That's just me though, and I'm not the target audience for 12" figures anymore for sure.  I just know what I'd think if I were full on into that scale overall.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2011, 06:32 AM »
I prefer this set over yet another clone.  I would have thought they would have moved on to the Fett's by now.  At least they did make Hammerhead.  Also, the Hasbro Nodes were a Walmart exclusive early on in the run so they weren't that easy to find.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2011, 04:06 PM »
They were clearanced here...  Really easy to get.  I wasn't even into them at the time and picked up Figrin D'an who was supposedly the hardest one to get, and got him pretty cheap.   :-\

I agree that another Clone's maybe not the route to go, but another Cantina alien that hadn't been done by anyone would've been more appreciated IMO.  Something particularly weird.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2011, 06:52 AM »
They were clearanced here...  Really easy to get.  I wasn't even into them at the time and picked up Figrin D'an who was supposedly the hardest one to get, and got him pretty cheap.   :-\

I agree that another Clone's maybe not the route to go, but another Cantina alien that hadn't been done by anyone would've been more appreciated IMO.  Something particularly weird.

I paid a little over retail for them off of ebay when ebay was pretty new.  Maybe $2 a figure extra which I didn't think was bad at the time.  My Walmarts were consistently bad with exclusives through the 90's.  I only found their 12" Degobah Luke exclusive once, and it was the last figure.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: May 6, 2011, 12:41 PM »
The fact i have the Hasbro set also adds to why i wouldnt get these guys, besides the fact i just have been buying less and less.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:45 PM »
I am happy with my Hasbro set.  Especially when they charge $100 for these.  Give me an $%^&in break.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Wow, yeah...  $100 for Frigin D'An...  holy schnikey.  I love SS's stuff, but I think this is more than a little overpriced since it really doesn't seem like it's coming with a lot, and they're going to milk the headsculpt and hands for like 4 or 5 more figures (depending on how you view the Modal Nodes).  Wow.

Looks neat though.