Author Topic: TRU Vintage Collection Y-Wing  (Read 29206 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Vintage Collection Y-Wing
« Reply #75 on: October 5, 2011, 10:45 AM »
I can't speak for anyone but myself... but I'm fine with the current mold on the Y-Wing... I mean, I could be persuaded to get a slightly larger one, but for the $70 price range, I might be sitting on the sidelines.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 5, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Where did Hasbro ever get this $60-$70 pricepoint for the ARC & the Y-Wing?  I understand we live in different times now, but ya....That's a little too much IMO.  I wonder how many more vehicles we'd have seen at this point if that price was around say $45-$50 to begin with.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 5, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Where did Hasbro ever get this $60-$70 pricepoint for the ARC & the Y-Wing?  I understand we live in different times now, but ya....That's a little too much IMO.  I wonder how many more vehicles we'd have seen at this point if that price was around say $45-$50 to begin with.

I don't like the current mold, but like Chewie, I wouldn't be scrambling to spend $70 on a bigger one either.  I still haven't caved on the Republic Shittle at $80.  The mid size assortment vehicles are still around $25, so I don't see how a larger ship costs 3x that amount.  Yes, I get that a new sculpt costs more, but we're seeing plent of new sculpts in the mid-size vehicles, so I don't really buy that argument anymore.  I would be okay with a $55-60 larger size Y-wing similar to the CW one, and I'd go $70 if it included a figure or two.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #78 on: October 5, 2011, 01:59 PM »
A new BMF-style Y-Wing sounds great, but would folks really be interested in one when they announce it's coming with a $70-80 price tag? 

Many, many folks balked at the BMF-style CW Y-Wing at the $70 price.  Would collectors do the same for an OT Y-Wing at $70 or would it be "OK" this time since it's an OT ship? 

Or do you guys think that Hasbro would magically be able to crank out a larger scale OT Y-Wing for less than that CW version somehow?

I may be in the minority, but I haven't bought any of the modern Y-Wings yet, in hopes that they give us a properly scaled version. I love the new molds for the X-Wing, Millennium Falcon, AT-AT and Slave-1, So I would definitely throw down cash for a BMF Y-Wing or three. I didn't buy the Clone Wars version because it's just not my Y-Wing. I think it's cool, but I have no attachment to it. That said, I may still buy a CW Y-Wing...I just haven't yet.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 8, 2011, 02:38 PM »
With the $29.99 sale, and a $25.00 gift card I had from TRU for buying Dead Island on XBOX, I went ahead and got a TVC Y-Wing this week.  I'll open it pretty soon.